04 wrx stage2 vs. mustang gt - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04 wrx stage2 vs. mustang gt within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Herknav Then you would be missing out. They are two completely different cars. Loyalty is great, but ...

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav
    Then you would be missing out. They are two completely different cars. Loyalty is great, but blind loyalty is dumb.
    I'd rather get an srt-4, or heck, a civic si rather than any mustang. I don't care if it's faster or not. Sorry, but mustangs are not my cup of tea

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX
    I'd rather get an srt-4, or heck, a civic si rather than any mustang. I don't care if it's faster or not. Sorry, but mustangs are not my cup of tea
    I'm no mustang fan either but seriously come on. A civic over a mustang
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpatters
    Did the Mustang II of the mid 70's slip your mind? As a Mustang aficionado, I am embarrassed that car every existed.
    Based on the Pinto platform. Great choice!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    I'm no mustang fan either but seriously come on. A civic over a mustang

the ONLY mustang I've ever liked, was Eleanor from Gone in 60 Seconds

but yah, I'd take pretty much take any other car other than a mustang in or around the same price range.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX
    The new Mustang is a great car. Ford can use a winner in its stable. Not even in the same class as a Civic or the deceased SRT-4.

If it were not for the snow and ice I see where I live I would seriously consider a new 'Stang GT. It is not your father's Mustang ...

The only thing the new GT should have had is an independent rear suspension.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

^^^ +1 for the price there probably other cars I'd buy over a mustang (Like a 350Z) but a civic or and SRT-4 isn't in the same pricerange or class. The Mustang is a good car, its ok not to love it (I don't) but at least give credit where credit is due.
    FORZA FERRARI

^^^ +1 for the price there probably other cars I'd buy over a mustang (Like a 350Z) but a civic or and SRT-4 isn't in the same pricerange or class. The Mustang is a good car, its ok not to love it (I don't), it does have flaws, but at least give credit where credit is due. Comparing it to a civic is crazy.
    FORZA FERRARI

i wasn't trying to dog on the stang at all, i'm into cars of all types, anything fast two and four wheels, your right they are two different cars built w/ two different types of driving in mind, if you are into those types of driving then either one of these cars is a perfect start, alot people w/ wrx's have the wrong car for what they are trying to acheive which is straight line speed.

Come on though lets be honest people. There are almost as many mustangs running the streets as civics (consider the model years). And replacing the 16 year olds with red hats and long white t-shirts and jerseys, are older bearded men with red budweiser hats and wife beaters on.

Either one of them will pull up beside you and rev. Either one will stare at you until you look away or get into a word fight. And both run away after loosing a race to a subaru.
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    Come on though lets be honest people. There are almost as many mustangs running the streets as civics (consider the model years). And replacing the 16 year olds with red hats and long white t-shirts and jerseys, are older bearded men with red budweiser hats and wife beaters on.

Either one of them will pull up beside you and rev. Either one will stare at you until you look away or get into a word fight. And both run away after loosing a race to a subaru.
    So true, everytime I smoked a stang they almost always have that salty look on their face. It's like their reason for being on this Earth is to beat everyone in a straight line because otherwise their car is just a POS. They are a complete waist of money to me, but to each their own I guess.
    The new ones look like shizzle. That bumper came straight off the Scion Xb, and the LS chassis was a great success .
    Slap any old lines on a mediocre chassis, call it the "new" whatever, and watch all the low-IQ image conscious suckers roll in. At least Fords mechanics remain busy to keep this awesome economy growing.
    The only people sad enough to have Mustang envy on this planet are the Camero losers.
    I'll keep my good quality, so-called ugly ass, Lesbo, Japanese road rocket thank you very much.

P.S. Mustangers,
    Give me a call (if your still conscious) to have me pull your heap from out of the woods when you smash it driving in the rain.
    "Flamesuit.....Engage!"
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Further more,

Anyone who needs a so-called hot car to get chicks to pay them any attention should have "Loser" tatooed on their forehead. A real man can pull a real women (ie one that doesn't like guys who drive rustangs) with a 81 rusted-out Mazda RX7 like I did. Why, you ask? Because any woman worth anything would like you for who you are, not your car. Only the dumb bi^&hes like dudes for there car.
    I have proof, my wife is a hot-ass Asian looking (adopted) model, and we have two awesome girls, and are happily married for over 8 years. I'm a stud none the less but still no stupid ass car had anything to do with what we have.
    Getting cars to get girls..... man that's so highschool/rustangaholic.
    What's next, finding the woman of your dreams at a f'in bar?

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan

Ah the stereotype... refuge of the ignorant, weapon of the lazy.
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Hehehe...I guess I'll throw in my thoughts. Mustangs are one of the simplest, easiest ways to "go fast" out there ever created. I'm not an engineer, I'm not a mechanic, but even I can see the lack of thought and engineering that goes into those cars. Here's how it went:

"duuuuuuh we wanna go fast! what should we use for an engine?"
    "ooh I know how about a highly tuned, turbo flat four with all wheel drive?"
    "naaw man...I dun wanna think hard! my brains is hurt!"
    "ok how about a huge fu#$ing v8, rear-wheel drive torque-monster?"
    "oh YEAH! Like those dudes in NASCAR DRIVE! Just slap one of those on a RWD car and we go faaaassst!"

I am one who likes it when the engineers actually think about what their doing. Hence why I love my STI. I know you may think I'm some sort of lesbian (actually, I'm a dude) but I don't really care what you think about my car or me. I know my car has HALF the engine yours does and can still smoke you straight line, road-racing, and in the snow. I love the Lotus Elise for the same reasons: 190 hp supercar? What? Now don't go thinking I'm some ricer who hates domestic cars, in fact I'll list my top 5 here:

1) Saleen S7 (yeah, the MUSTANG guy )
    2) Dodge Viper (the early 90s variety, mostly the looks)
    3) BMW M3 (e46 FTW! Such hotness, Leguna Seca Blue)
    4) Subaru STI
    5) Lotus Elise

You can keep your chest-thumping, v8, go-fast mustangs. I prefer and appreciate the engineering that goes into cars, especially the ones that do well despite their lack of engine. It's like playing Counterstike (gogo video game reference!)...sure you can get an AWP and destroy tons of people with it, but would you really respect someone for doing that as much as you would someone killing people with their glock and knife?
    2006 Black STI - stock
    Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Musty-stanks suck. You don't need a spoiler like the STI's in a musty-stank, just open the window and let your mullet produce the downforce.

Quote Originally Posted by 06blacksti
    Hehehe...I guess I'll throw in my thoughts. Mustangs are one of the simplest, easiest ways to "go fast" out there ever created. I'm not an engineer, I'm not a mechanic, but even I can see the lack of thought and engineering that goes into those cars. Here's how it went:

"duuuuuuh we wanna go fast! what should we use for an engine?"
    "ooh I know how about a highly tuned, turbo flat four with all wheel drive?"
    "naaw man...I dun wanna think hard! my brains is hurt!"
    "ok how about a huge fu#$ing v8, rear-wheel drive torque-monster?"
    "oh YEAH! Like those dudes in NASCAR DRIVE! Just slap one of those on a RWD car and we go faaaassst!"

I am one who likes it when the engineers actually think about what their doing. Hence why I love my STI. I know you may think I'm some sort of lesbian (actually, I'm a dude) but I don't really care what you think about my car or me. I know my car has HALF the engine yours does and can still smoke you straight line, road-racing, and in the snow. I love the Lotus Elise for the same reasons: 190 hp supercar? What? Now don't go thinking I'm some ricer who hates domestic cars, in fact I'll list my top 5 here:

1) Saleen S7 (yeah, the MUSTANG guy )
    2) Dodge Viper (the early 90s variety, mostly the looks)
    3) BMW M3 (e46 FTW! Such hotness, Leguna Seca Blue)
    4) Subaru STI
    5) Lotus Elise

You can keep your chest-thumping, v8, go-fast mustangs. I prefer and appreciate the engineering that goes into cars, especially the ones that do well despite their lack of engine. It's like playing Counterstike (gogo video game reference!)...sure you can get an AWP and destroy tons of people with it, but would you really respect someone for doing that as much as you would someone killing people with their glock and knife?

Excellent job 06blksti!
    That was very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by 06blacksti
    You can keep your chest-thumping, v8, go-fast mustangs. I prefer and appreciate the engineering that goes into cars, especially the ones that do well despite their lack of engine.
    You have no idea....

There is NOTHING like a V8 thumping.... and my V8 is a 3 valve variable timing monster.... VTEC is garbage....
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN