04 wrx stage2 vs. mustang gt - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

This is a discussion on 04 wrx stage2 vs. mustang gt within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Man, Blarg is ignorant. Massengil makes a cream for your kind of pain....

Man, Blarg is ignorant.
    Massengil makes a cream for your kind of pain.
    Last edited by scoob; 08-29-2006 at 08:00 PM.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I wish I could agree, unfortunately there's a lot of truth to his post.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    Ferrari > *
    I > Ferrari
    Tomorrow isn't a guarantee.

America>any other country

American Cars<Import Cars (in general)

That has been proven over the last 20 years on several fronts

Power to weight
    Power per liter
    Chassis Design
    Fuel mileage
    Reliability
    Build quality
    Warranties
    Safety
    ect
    ect

Why is it so hard for people to accept that? It is the truth and is well documented in the press and companies themselves.

Even if the New Mustang is as good as the best import on the market, it took them too long to get there and it pissed everyone off. Remember the "frame twisting" power of the f-body's? Was it actually the power? Or was it the monkey metal frame ford penned?

That is why the american companies are hurting, not because of the designing, but the lack thereof.

The American people are ready for great American cars, but the manufacturers are still playing 100 year old games.
    stupidman has spoken

That's the frustrating part. Consumers know what they're doing wrong but they can't change because they've been busy swallowing all these other car companies that they just became too big to make changes easily. I wish I can buy American cars with confidence but I can't. Not after what I went through with Ford and Chrysler vehicles.

I graduated Art center college of design and majored car design. I always thought that design is what sells the cars... I was wrong. Design just draws attention at first. It's the quality that sells cars. Toyota and Lexus designs are very ordinary and very few are eye catching. They certainly don't have high performance vehicle anymore since Supra ceased production. But they sell cars because their cars last.

Designers agree that Chrysler is most creative in terms of vehicle design or styling. They come out with crossover vehicles before anyone. They created minivan market, SUV market, Pacifica, PT Cruiser... but they don't sell because their quality is bad (altho they claim it has gotten better) and other companies just make similar designs with better quality.

Some say lack of quality is due to union and their high labor cost. Well... most imports that are sold in US are made here and they have union too.

Well that's the first time I've heard the Japanese have unions. Are you sure about that?
    If so then hello level playing field. America's on the comback after all!
    Pretty soon Honda will be synonomous with Ford. The Jesus comes back to put an end to all the Hell on Earth! Whew!
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

There's no love for Subaru's in Blargs blood anymore. I'll never buy a FORD unless vintage or a Camaro, or a firebird (all the same) this post needs's to end. There should be nothing but respect for Subaru's here at CLUB WRX. NET HELLO!! Peace and fried greece .

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Well that's the first time I've heard the Japanese have unions. Are you sure about that?
    Pretty soon Honda will be synonomous with Ford. The Jesus comes back to put an end to all the Hell on Earth! Whew!
    they DON'T have unions..that was my point. Even their U.S. workers aren't working under the same UAW contract that Ford/GM/Dhaimler employees work.

I still love teh Subaru. The best way I can explain my feelings is I always wanted a little MORE. everything was adequete but just not quite enough sometimes. The power was fine, but on some days it was a slug. The torque was O.K. at the best of times. The room was good, but sometimes a little small. Even the horn was "adequete" but not quite loud enough. I had to mod everything.

With the Stang, I really have no desire to mod anything. I'm happy. The Subaru was a GREAT car and I'd totally recommend them to anyone. However, I don't think they're exactly "sports" cars. They're nice tweaked-out 4-door sedans, but they just lack something...

It really sticks to the road...maybe a little TOO well for my liking, I like a bit of ass-slide in the corners. I missed it. there are different kinds of sports cars, and I guess I've always preferred the RWD variety. Maybe if my WRX came with DCCD I'd like it better.

For me the fun factor is far more important that "I'm faster in you in a race" factor because I never race, but play almost every time I get in the car. For me, the Mustang is just more fun.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    ......I can explain my feelings......always wanted a little MORE. everything was adequete....just not quite enough sometimes. The power was fine, but on some days it was a slug.....I like a bit of ass-slide...better
    tell him they have a pill for that exact thing now.
    Last edited by StupidMan; 08-30-2006 at 07:39 PM.
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    They have a pill for that exact thing now.

THAT was $19.95 down the drain.
    go f*** yourself

THAT was $19.95 down the drain.
    You got to get the good stuff. 69.95 will get ya fixed up.

Oh, and I changed my post to make it funnier and remove butter from your crack and smear it on anothers
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    You got to get the good stuff. 69.95 will get ya fixed up.

Oh, and I changed my post to make it funnier and remove butter from your crack and smear it on anothers

Penn and Teller did a show on that...those don't work either. I had high hopes, but oh well...I guess I'll have to be happy with the 14" I already have.

and its not any funnier, but good effort
    go f*** yourself

good effort
    thats what she said
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Well I should've broken that sentence in two. I meant they have unions in Japan. And few Toyota run factory in US has been unionized such as the truck and car assemply plant in california and Subaru plant in Indiana.