wrx vs dakota rt

This is a discussion on wrx vs dakota rt within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I got my first real run in yesterday. Was at the stoplight and there was a guy in a ...

wrx vs dakota rt

So I got my first real run in yesterday. Was at the stoplight and there was a guy in a yellow dakota RT next to me. I usually take off from lights fairly fast, and this guy started to pull on me so I punched it. Got right next to him and we went up to about 70 side by side. He turned off onto the interstate and gave me the "good race" head nod. It was pretty fun until I got about a block later and two cops went flying by with their cherries on. I was kinda scared but they must've been going to some accident. So yep, pretty good race. Are dakota rts as fast as us, or was he modded? I was just happy that I didnt lose!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

it's a 15 second truck stock

They are low 15sec trucks in stock form and respond decently well to mods. Typically they are no match for a wrx, but then again, if you didn't launch that would explain him sticking with your. Without the wrx's launch to back it up, a lot of higher 14sec cars run RIGHT with it.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Just a set of tires will get the r/t deep into the 14's. It has a lot of power and is relatively light weight. It is just traction that limits it.
    stupidman has spoken

Yeah, kind of like the LSx powered cars, it's hard to mess with the torque of the 360 V8 (5.9L).
    Blobeye Syndicate #035
    Cobb Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    Just a set of tires will get the r/t deep into the 14's. It has a lot of power and is relatively light weight. It is just traction that limits it.
    I dont know about "deep" into 14's with just tires, but the potential is def. there. A guy I knew in high school had an R/T Dakota with performance tires, intake, exhaust, headers and was consistantly running 14.6's. Supposedly if he got a chip he could have been in the lower 14's (14.3) area.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

The 5.9L (360ci) doesn't respond that well to mods. I had an R/T Durango with the same motor. Most mod will give you more top end but you lose lower end tq. It seem every mod you do gives you something but at the sametime takes something away. Even the Shelby Durango wasn't really anything worth running. I've seen a few S/C Dakota's barely breaking into the 12's and most hitting low 13's.

For more info on them goto http://www.dodgetrucks.org or http://www.dakota-durango.com
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

that would explain it! Yeah, i didnt expect him to take off like that so it kinda caught me by suprise. Owell it was a good run anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    The 5.9L (360ci) doesn't respond that well to mods. I had an R/T Durango with the same motor. Most mod will give you more top end but you lose lower end tq. It seem every mod you do gives you something but at the sametime takes something away. Even the Shelby Durango wasn't really anything worth running. I've seen a few S/C Dakota's barely breaking into the 12's and most hitting low 13's.

For more info on them goto http://www.dodgetrucks.org or http://www.dakota-durango.com
    It's all about the right combo with these trucks. I've run a best of 11.3@120 and that was with me lifting on the topend cause it was going lean. Should be good for a few tenths off of that here in the next couple months. There are plenty of guys running 13's with boltons and 12's with h/c, and pretty much all of the blower or juice guys are in the 12's/11's now (with a few knocking on 10's), we've come a long way in the last couple years.

To the OP, good run, he probably had a few boltons, stock they only trap around 88-89mph.
    '02 Dakota 5.9 R/T
    Intercooled Novi-2K

I'm in the Panama City, FL area and I see a lot of V8 trucks driving like morons. I wonder if it's just a local thing. The only people who seem to jockey crazier than ricers in this area are people with Hemi Rams. Sometimes I just feel like sticking my head out of my window and yelling "It's not a sports car, idiot!".

I hate to be the one to break it to you dude. But I have a Hemi Ram, and they are slow. With me and my wife (me 180, her 120) the truck weighs 599x lbs and only has 345hp from the factory. That would be the equivalent of a 3000lb car (with driver) having 175ish hp.
    I know the single cab's arent' that much lighter than the quad cab.
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    I hate to be the one to break it to you dude. But I have a Hemi Ram, and they are slow. With me and my wife (me 180, her 120) the truck weighs 599x lbs and only has 345hp from the factory. That would be the equivalent of a 3000lb car (with driver) having 175ish hp.
    I know the single cab's arent' that much lighter than the quad cab.
    Read my post again, I never said they were fast. I said the people around here drive them like morons. Weaving through traffic, tailgating people, doing flybys etc. I wonder if it's just a local thing?

Ahhh, yes they do the same crap around here. I will see one and he will see me and then proceed to weave in and out of traffic to show how much better his exhaust sounds than mine.

I think it is just the fact that 91.25% of the buyers of a ram hemi are rednecks that live in $500 trailers.
    stupidman has spoken