2006 Stage 2 WRX vs Modded STi

This is a discussion on 2006 Stage 2 WRX vs Modded STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Coming home from englistown tonight, i was driving behind an STi that was running at the track. He had an ...

2006 Stage 2 WRX vs Modded STi

Coming home from englistown tonight, i was driving behind an STi that was running at the track. He had an AEM short ram and some sort of turbo back (bellmouth downpipe and canister muffler). We went from a 35mph roll. We pretty much traded position back and forth as he shifted. When we had to slow down for a red light, he had gained about a fender on me and was barely creeping ahead. It was a fun race and i was proud to see what my rex could do when facing an sti. (He was running 13.3s at the track)

Now i have to rematch that kid with the evo i posted about, which sparked a long debate over which car is better....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good run stg2 is a wonderful thing on the Vag-Eye
    06 Protuned Stg2 WRB WRX
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #123

VAG-EYE-NAtion baby

Hmm, with those mods, I'm surprised he was only running 13.3. That's about the slowest a stock STi will do.
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, start.

I saw a 2006 STi a few month ago with a tbe run 13.3s. The guy said he didn't feel any difference in performance, he thinks it may have actually slowed him down. I'm not sure of how either STi launched (what there 60ft times were).

maybe the sti had a cat back and cai but no EM? my roommate just bought an 06wrx and i want an 05 sti and starting to wonder if its worth it. stg 2 06 make 280hp and 345ftlbs i think. a cobb stg 2 sti makes like 340hp and 380ft lbs i thought? i can only think he had no em and his car was running like poop from not properly modding it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Anything is possible on the street......

And get the sti if you can afford it, the tranny alone is worth it forget about the power #'s.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

He had a turbo back and no EM. He also had a cold air intake. He would have funked me up if he had em.

+1 on getting the STi. If i had the option of getting a used STi, i would have.

thanks guys, nice to hear from some current vageye owners supporting the bugeye sti. yeah wouldnt a turbo back and intake with no em lower the power on the sti? i thought even with EM the intakes hurt them. sounds like another guy who didnt do his mod research.

Quote Originally Posted by ScstealthVR6
    thanks guys, nice to hear from some current vageye owners supporting the bugeye sti. yeah wouldnt a turbo back and intake with no em lower the power on the sti? i thought even with EM the intakes hurt them. sounds like another guy who didnt do his mod research.
    You mean blobeye? I will also assume he didn't do his research, but an sti is an sti. Let me have my fun!

yeah i meant blobeye my bad. and yeah sorry to crap on your birthday. still nice to kill the sti. a kill is a kill.

What did you run at the track if you don't mind me asking?
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ScstealthVR6
    yeah, intakes on mostly stock wrx's and sti's usually lower power if not properly tuned for them. if people wonder why they dont' add any power just tell them to look at the stock intake piping, its already plenty big, and the turbo warms the air up anyways so the whole cai doen't make much of a difference.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Quote Originally Posted by powder
    What did you run at the track if you don't mind me asking?
    I ran a 14.0xx because i get nervous under pressure . Since my run at the track, i learned to shift faster, but i don't think i'm going to drag race anymore.