My Stage 1 STi Vs NSX - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on My Stage 1 STi Vs NSX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Why has no one mentioned the new C6 Z06 with 505 hp and probably the best looking car ever. ( ...

Why has no one mentioned the new C6 Z06 with 505 hp and probably the best looking car ever. ( Did I mention corvettes are my favorite cars?)
    Car-less

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Having driven one of those too, the NSX still feels more exotic. However, I do have to say that it is damn fast. I would still have to complain about the cheap interior, though.
    Originally posted by BlkWrxWag:
    You will not have these performance issues if you stick to racing in school zones. The WRX ECU is specially tuned to recognize these areas and increase boost accordingly.

c6 z06=poo on all others
    stupidman has spoken

Ah the NSX.

A lot of people love to jump on the "NSX is slow" bandwagon. Admittedly, for what you pay, it's not a fast car at all. Though interestingly, despite being rated at about the same power thoughout it's run, the NSX continued to get faster and faster. I understand the 2001+ are actually good for 12s with a good driver.

In all honesty, if I had the money, would I buy one new? No. While the 997 Turbo is out of the NSXs ballpark, the 997 Carrera 4S is actually cheaper. As is the Caymen S, Carrera, Carrera S, Carrera 4, Corvette, Corvette Z06, Viper, Elise, Evo, and STI. Even a GT3 is only a few thousand dollars more (and personally, I'd take a GT3 over a 911T). All of which rival or exceed the performance of the NSX. Are they all supercars? No, but the GT3, Viper, Z06, and 4S more or less are.

The interesting thing that people tend to forget though, comparing cars in that price range: If you can afford a $90k+ car, chances are you can afford a $130k car too.

Used NSX's are actually becoming pretty affordable. The cool thing about that is with a supercharger kit, coilovers, tires, and clutch the NSX will again destroy most of those cars on a track.
    Last edited by Skunkers; 08-23-2006 at 05:46 PM.

I am willing to bet that even an NSX (of any year) with a s/c, suspension, clutch, the best tires would have trouble keeping up with a stock z06 or Viper. The z06/viper/gt are america's answer to the euro supercar. The funny thing is, the z06 edges them all out and is cheapest.

Comparing an 300hp NSX to a 505hp vette, is like comparing the average cack to mine, theres a lot of room left to fill.
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    I am willing to bet that even an NSX (of any year) with a s/c, suspension, clutch, the best tires would have trouble keeping up with a stock z06 or Viper. The z06/viper/gt are america's answer to the euro supercar. The funny thing is, the z06 edges them all out and is cheapest.

Comparing an 300hp NSX to a 505hp vette, is like comparing the average cack to mine, theres a lot of room left to fill.
    That's why I said almost all of them. Still I'd be willing to bet the modded NSX would give them trouble on a road course. Even a stock NSX-R with racing tires and good driver will post much faster times on a road course than the figures would suggest.

Also, that's not entirely accurate: some magazine did a comparo with the Z06, GT, and Viper coupe a couple months ago and the GT did win it. But for the the price difference, yeah I'd take the Z06 too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123