my 350z vs. STI
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on my 350z vs. STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was driving down 94 when i see this blue sti, i pass it slowly and i see him floor ...

my 350z vs. STI

I was driving down 94 when i see this blue sti, i pass it slowly and i see him floor it to catch up to me. He gets next to me, and floors it, i do the same. I floored it maybe half a second after him so he had about half a car length on me. We managed to take it from 70 or so to 120mph. It was night and there were no cars on the street so don't worry. After pulling about half a car on me, he pulled another half a car and it stayed that way till about 120 where i let off. We did not mess around because i had to get off, but ironically so did he at my exit. He tried racing me down a street that was 35mph but i didn't take his bait because there were many cops in the area and i didnt wanna get in trouble.

Anyways, i think his car was stock, and of course my 350z is also stock. I have the lighter 03 base version that weighs in at 3188lbs and has the 287hp. I think i did pretty good against the sti seeing that i had an extra passenger and about 200 lbs of crap in the back and any other place that i could fit stuff. i have been moving out of my place downtown and was trying to pack as much as i could in the 350z. Anyways, i think i could have done a bit better if i wasn't at a disadvantage. He was alone in his car and thats all i know.

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hmm pretty good.

You didn't do too bad.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

the only thing I wish for in my Z is that it weighed under 3000 lbs.

Nice runs out there. Would've been close if it was just you and no junk in the z

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    Nice race, ya weight makes big difference so you would have done better if you hadn't had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Z Boy

Nice runs out there. Would've been close if it was just you and no junk in the z
    +1 My 06 is even heavier . It doesn't feel as heavy as it is but it still feels heavy.
    FORZA FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Z Boy

+1 My 06 is even heavier . It doesn't feel as heavy as it is but it still feels heavy. It does feel very very solid though.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 08-09-2006 at 11:29 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI

nice
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Are you going to mod the Z?
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Are you going to mod the Z?
    Are you refering to me or the orginial poster?
    FORZA FERRARI

Ok both of you
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

the Z is heavy because it's based off a bigger platform. that's why you can stuff huge wheels in those wells. Nissan doesn't have a stiff, small chassis to start from, so it was either a heavy Z, or no Z at all. I credit Nissan for getting the proportions spot-on considering they built a small two-seater from a sedan platform.

to get an idea of how hard it is to get proportions right, look at the enormous wheel gap the current Eclipse has; it's based off the Galant (and like the Z, is heavy for its size)
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Ok both of you

I don't have any modding plans right now. I'll probabaly stay stock for a while and at most do a few boltons. Exhauast and tint are lookin appealing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    I credit Nissan for getting the proportions spot-on considering they built a small two-seater from a sedan platform.
    They did a pretty good job considering the same FM platform underpins a 2 seater, a 2+2, a sedan and an SUV. The Z was the first to use the platform so at least there was a little more design work in it than just raiding the parts bin for an old platform that would work. Cars are getting ridiculously heavy, there are fewer and fewer cars under 3000lb.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 08-10-2006 at 11:57 AM.
    FORZA FERRARI

im actually leaving for greece for 15 days and then Rome for 4 months. So, me personally, no i have no mods planned for the R32 or the Z. But my brother is going to be driving the cars and will mod the Z, he already got an exhaust and cant wait to put it in! I'll wait till i return, i think i will be selling off the R32 and buying an AMG or M car, we'll see. For the time being, ill be driving around with rented CLIO's, PUNTO's, among other small cars!

btw, now im kind of scared, they raised the terrorist level on flights to and from england and im flying into england in 3 days with BMI to manchaster! how great!

my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    im actually leaving for greece for 15 days and then Rome for 4 months. So, me personally, no i have no mods planned for the R32 or the Z. But my brother is going to be driving the cars and will mod the Z, he already got an exhaust and cant wait to put it in! I'll wait till i return, i think i will be selling off the R32 and buying an AMG or M car, we'll see. For the time being, ill be driving around with rented CLIO's, PUNTO's, among other small cars!

btw, now im kind of scared, they raised the terrorist level on flights to and from england and im flying into england in 3 days with BMI to manchaster! how great!

Sounds like an amazing trip.

Have fun man!
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Ellinopedo ti ginete re malaka, tora eimaste duo ellinopeda, yeah man my bro has a Z with HKS True Dual,Injen CAI, and he beat an sti by half a car.. his installing his MREV-2, and motordyne 5/16 spacers this month and has to get a tune... some guy has 270WHP with out an exhaust so he might get 272WHP lol nice, close race stock for stock
    Last edited by IWantAnWRX; 08-10-2006 at 06:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.