my 350z vs. STI - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 68

This is a discussion on my 350z vs. STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ...

  1. #31
    Registered User cavallino333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Campbell CA
    Posts
    11,843
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lake Zurich, IL
    Posts
    812
    I didn't think zs were that fast??? Never would know by the ****ty way people drive them around here. Like old people in a cadillac. Got that power but they don't use it.

  4. #33
    Registered User cavallino333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Campbell CA
    Posts
    11,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Maccgyver
    Never would know by the ****ty way people drive them around here. Like old people in a cadillac. Got that power but they don't use it.
    I can agree with that. Alot of Z owners are older and alot of people just buy them because they look nice not because of the performance.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

  5. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    Was that towards me? 350z's aren't anything special until they are boosted.
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
    Works Drop in Filter, TTP Engineering 3" Downpipe, 3" Ultimate Racing Test Pipe, GReddy Evo2 exhaust, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, Forge UNOS MBC @ 22-23lbs, Fighters Garage LICP, Custom Dynoflash, S2000 Antenna, Stewart Warner Boost Gauge

  6. #35
    Registered User cavallino333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Campbell CA
    Posts
    11,843
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostJunkie21
    Was that towards me? 350z's aren't anything special until they are boosted.
    Yeah thats true but its no slouch either. A WRX isn't anything special without mods, but its still a good car. I give credit where credit is due.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 09-02-2006 at 01:35 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

  7. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    the oven(scottsdale), arizona
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    You are joking right? A bone stock WRX? I do not like the 350Z at all (it's the official cheezy dude car around here) but come on man, a bone stock WRX, not the STi, the WRX, think about what you are saying. Your dad either let you win, is a really bad driver, didn't bother trying because he didn't want to kill his son, or all of the above. Once speeds get over 60 mph, the bone stock WRX is toast, fuggedaboudit.
    actually im not joking there bud and ive never raced my dad, im just stating through experience because i've driven them both hard. im not trying to be biased at all. think about it, youve got the 350z, rear wheel drive , 287hp, and it weighs about 3400 lbs and is completely n/a versus an allwheel drive 3100 lb , 240 hp, turbo charged wrx. i think the 300 lb difference plus the turbo would make it a drivers race. the z's increase in overall power and torque would definately help it later in the run, but a good driver in the rex could pull a win.

  8. #37
    Registered User cavallino333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Campbell CA
    Posts
    11,843
    Quote Originally Posted by AWDPirate
    actually im not joking there bud and ive never raced my dad, im just stating through experience because i've driven them both hard. im not trying to be biased at all. think about it, youve got the 350z, rear wheel drive , 287hp, and it weighs about 3400 lbs and is completely n/a versus an allwheel drive 3100 lb , 240 hp, turbo charged wrx. i think the 300 lb difference plus the turbo would make it a drivers race. the z's increase in overall power and torque would definately help it later in the run, but a good driver in the rex could pull a win.
    Allright then using those numbers the Z would have 11.8lbs per hp. and most pre 06's (which have 287hp) engine weigh less than 3400, but I'll give you a break. Using the 240hp wrx (which is higher than most stock, but again Ill give you a break) that would be 12.9 lb per hp and thats being generous to the WRX. However thats still not taking into acount drag coefficients,drive train loss, handling blah blah etc etc etc. Which is why all this is a waste of time because bench racing blows.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 09-02-2006 at 02:12 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

  9. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    the oven(scottsdale), arizona
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    Allright then using those numbers the Z would have 11.8lbs per hp. and most pre 06's (which have 287hp) engine weigh less than 3400, but I'll give you a break. Using the 240hp wrx (which is higher than most stock, but again Ill give you a break) that would be 12.9 lb per hp and thats being generous to the WRX. However thats still not taking into acount drag coefficients,drive train loss, handling blah blah etc etc etc. Which is why all this is a waste of time because bench racing blows.
    Hmm yes, that seems about right. Except for the fact that this Z probably weighs a little more over 34 hund. lbs considering its a droptop. And plus youd be a fool to race in 112 degree heat anyways .

  10. #39
    Registered User cavallino333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Campbell CA
    Posts
    11,843
    Quote Originally Posted by AWDPirate
    Hmm yes, that seems about right. Except for the fact that this Z probably weighs a little more over 34 hund. lbs considering its a droptop. And plus youd be a fool to race in 112 degree heat anyways .
    Oh yeah the convertibles a different story in terms of weight and I think it has different gearing than the coupe if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 09-02-2006 at 03:29 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

  11. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    the oven(scottsdale), arizona
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    Oh yeah the convertibles a different story in terms of weight and I think it has different gearing than the coupe if I'm not mistaken.
    The gearing is different, supposedly they changed the ratios for the drop top to make it feel like the coupe to make up for the extra weight gain

  12. #41
    Registered User Juice33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by AWDPirate
    actually im not joking there bud and ive never raced my dad, im just stating through experience because i've driven them both hard. im not trying to be biased at all. think about it, youve got the 350z, rear wheel drive , 287hp, and it weighs about 3400 lbs and is completely n/a versus an allwheel drive 3100 lb , 240 hp, turbo charged wrx. i think the 300 lb difference plus the turbo would make it a drivers race. the z's increase in overall power and torque would definately help it later in the run, but a good driver in the rex could pull a win.
    Dude your numbers are wrong to start out with, and without mentioning previously that you were talking about a vert, unless you are making your argument more friendly to you now,you were wrong. Everyone else was talking coupe vs. sedan I am pretty sure. And stock for stock the 350 Z driver would have to be not very good to lose. It is really simple to grasp a handle of the concept. I understand you have a turbo car and you think that N/A power is inferior, but the Z has the advantage against a WRX, everyone should agree with that, again in a coupe vs sedan race everything being stock.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

  13. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lake Zurich, IL
    Posts
    812
    you would take it from the line I am sure but the linear power a n/a motor has plus instant responsiveness it would probably overtake you before 60mph. They are definitely not slouches but like I said most people I see driving them aren't the younger types that might play with you a little. All I get are rich guys in benzs and bmws or the ricer kids in hondas Anyways you really got to work to keep a turbo in it's optimum range sometimes and especially when it is warm outside it can cut into your performance. N/a doesn't have to worry about as much. But turbos are too much fun.

  14. #43
    Registered User rr1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    0
    what happened to 350z vs STi ???

  15. #44
    Banned Z Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostJunkie21
    350z...
    that was a dumb@$$ comment...at least 350z's got something when they're N/A. Evo's are nothing without a turbo

  16. #45
    Boba Fett BrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Way up high.
    Posts
    17,899


    pot -> kettle

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •