04 Mustang GT
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04 Mustang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was leaving the movies the other night and this guy rolls up next to me in a GT. I ...

04 Mustang GT

I was leaving the movies the other night and this guy rolls up next to me in a GT. I look over to give him the "nice car" nod, but he's busy talking to his gf so I just kick back and wait for the light to turn. Well, when the light goes green he lays into the gas and is gone. I didnt know he wanted to race or I would have been a little more prepared. Anyway, it was a late show so the streets are pretty much dead and so I catch up with him.This time he looks over all smiling and crap like he just smoked me or something...so I ask if he wants to run agian and he says sure (as he's reving his engine like a retard). so this time we go from a 2nd gear roll. By the time I hit fourth I am about three+ car lengths ahead. We go a couple more times with the same outcome. I was actually thinking I was going to get beat. His car sounded like he had a million hp! I guess the 04's are a little down in power department...damn sure sounds fast.
    Last edited by Blue_Eyez_; 08-08-2006 at 06:52 PM.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #44
    2006 SGM WRX
    Cobb Stage 2
    APS 3" Catted TBE
    H-Tech Springs
    Eibach 10mm Spacers

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the older mustang gt's weren't beasts. I've beaten them fairly easy in my stock Z.

Good kill

Great kill. I love retards whose idea of a race is not telling the other guy about it.
    2006 WRX WRB Wagon
    Stage 2 Cobb catless DP and Borla Hush CBE
    *Total Loss*

Nice kill. I only race minivans and such when they don't know we're racing. Then it's a for sure kill, even if you stall and have to turn your car on again. THe best ones are when you plan on taking off pretty quickly at a light, then the light turns, then you realize you're in third gear.
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

it wasn't until '05 that the stock GT's became fairly beastly.

I still accidentally spin my tires from time to time.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

i was thinking about trading my 04 svt in for a 06 gt but i fear missing my supercharger
    Tomorrow isn't a guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by Newks
    i was thinking about trading my 04 svt in for a 06 gt but i fear missing my supercharger
    well, the 04 SVT is no slouch.
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    well, the 04 SVT is no slouch.
    thats why i dont really want to trade it in on an 06 gt. I just think i will miss the power of being able to tear them into 4th I wish i could find a gtr
    Tomorrow isn't a guarantee.

you could always get a supercharger for the 05+. they have em.
    go f*** yourself

blarg got scared by this thread
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

bad move IMO. 03/04 Cobra > new GT's.

The new GT's are decent cars, but you can't mess with beast that is the Cobra.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    bad move IMO. 03/04 Cobra > new GT's.

The new GT's are decent cars, but you can't mess with beast that is the Cobra.
    Correct!

You would be taking a major step down in modability and power. The 06s are nice, but the raw power of the 03/04 Cobra is just awesome. I miss mine.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

oh keep the SVT! nice car!
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

I dont know about you guys, but I like the 04 body styles compared to the new 05+. The new ones seem really bulky and overweight. I really like the 03-04 cobra's and their superchargers.

Quote Originally Posted by Z Boy
    I dont know about you guys, but I like the 04 body styles compared to the new 05+. The new ones seem really bulky and overweight. I really like the 03-04 cobra's and their superchargers.
    Yes, I agree. Except the Shelby GT500, which is ultra mega badass.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.