04 Mustang GT - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 04 Mustang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Nice kill, Im sure the guy will go buy a supercharger now....

Nice kill, Im sure the guy will go buy a supercharger now.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    Yes, I agree. Except the Shelby GT500, which is ultra mega badass.

Is it true that the new and old cobra run the same Quarter mile times>???
    96 Mustang: Shorty Headers, X-pipe, Electronic cut out, Air silencer Delete, K&N air filter, really sticky tires
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

02 bugeye: exedy oem clutch, kybAGX struts, momo short-throw shifter, steel braided brake lines, stoptech rotors and stock rims (the 17inch wheel just weighed too much), 14.232 @ 94.75mph

Quote Originally Posted by dehnem
    The new ones seem a little faster:
    http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustan...slip-9480.html
    N.E. F4
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by dehnem
    The new ones are a little too fat, which slows them down, but showroom stock times really mean nothing for these two cars. I am suspecting that the GT500 will love mods as much as the 03/04s. This is where the difference will be, the 5.4L vs the 4.6L. The 5.4L which is a terror in the Ford GT (I know it is not exactly the same, but pretty darn close) can make wads of power with little effort. I cannot wait to see what these Shelbys are doing by next summer, they are going to be mean as all hell I suspect.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

The new ones are a little too fat, which slows them down, but showroom stock times really mean nothing for these two cars. I am suspecting that the GT500 will love mods as much as the 03/04s. This is where the difference will be, the 5.4L vs the 4.6L. The 5.4L which is a terror in the Ford GT (I know it is not exactly the same, but pretty darn close) can make wads of power with little effort. I cannot wait to see what these Shelbys are doing by next summer, they are going to be mean as all hell I suspect.
    +1
    2003 RSX Type-S (sold)

2005 WRB STi (new hotness)

Yeah i would assume the extra displacement would mean more modification potential I was just wondering if it was correct that from the factory they are running the same time
    96 Mustang: Shorty Headers, X-pipe, Electronic cut out, Air silencer Delete, K&N air filter, really sticky tires
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

02 bugeye: exedy oem clutch, kybAGX struts, momo short-throw shifter, steel braided brake lines, stoptech rotors and stock rims (the 17inch wheel just weighed too much), 14.232 @ 94.75mph

Quote Originally Posted by Newks
    i was thinking about trading my 04 svt in for a 06 gt but i fear missing my supercharger

So get a KB 2.6...

The 05+ has a fit an finish that the 03+ Cobra could only wish for. All the things that mustang enthusiasts have wished for is present.
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav
    So get a KB 2.6...

The 05+ has a fit an finish that the 03+ Cobra could only wish for. All the things that mustang enthusiasts have wished for is present.
    I can attest for that. I passed on the previous 2 generations of Mustangs for pretty much that reason. I spend like 30 minutes just looking at every little joint and detail when I was at the dealer...they thought I was crazy. The 05+ are a HUGE improvement in build quality.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

So it finally happened...
    2003 RSX Type-S (sold)

2005 WRB STi (new hotness)

Quote Originally Posted by turboawd
    So it finally happened...
    what? life on Mars?
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12