hmm stage 2 vs. Camaro Z28?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on hmm stage 2 vs. Camaro Z28? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Anyone know if a stage 2 wrx with stage 2 should hang right there with a Stock Z28?? I ran ...

hmm stage 2 vs. Camaro Z28?

Anyone know if a stage 2 wrx with stage 2 should hang right there with a Stock Z28?? I ran one earlier and he just took off on me. Was also from a roll though at about 35 mph.
    Cobb AP stage 2
    Perrin TBE with uppipe
    GP MOTO TMIC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

oops on the typing. Lol you get the point.
    Cobb AP stage 2
    Perrin TBE with uppipe
    GP MOTO TMIC

yeah, you should be slower from a roll...

From a stop, it depends on what kind of tires. If he's using stock tires, then you might beat him.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    I thought it would be pretty even stock vs stock. You should beat w/ stage 2.

Quote Originally Posted by project_skyline
    I thought it would be pretty even stock vs stock. You should beat w/ stage 2.
    A ls1 camaro runs low 13's stock.
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by cliffordbg
    Anyone know if a stage 2 wrx with stage 2 should hang right there with a Stock Z28?? I ran one earlier and he just took off on me. Was also from a roll though at about 35 mph.
    My untuned vf39 is dead even from a 35mph roll with a ls1 TA with a lid and exhaust. I don't think a stg2 WRX would come close from a roll.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Depends on if its an LS1 or an LT1, if its an LT1 it should be pretty close from a roll with the LT1 having a slight advantage, but then again it has age against it so it might be really close. From a dig a stage II wrx should take a stock LT1, as far as an LS1 goes, the LS1 traps around 106 on average and run mid 13s on your average day with a decent driver. The LS1 is going to beat a stage II wrx in any circumstance if the driver is not a factor, but as i have posted before i beat my friend who has a 2002 SS 6M, best time was a 14.4@101mph, my best was a 14.3@100mph so driver mod can make a difference, but the LS1 is a faster car.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

pimpin all over the world

off the line maybe!!! but rollin ummmm??? i dont think so!!! those car are beast !!! rollin!!! my friend got one and its fast well i beat him a bunch of times mods: catback ,exhaust and intake and i own a 2006 STi stage 2 protune maybe u could keep up with him for a little bit!

Quote Originally Posted by project_skyline
    I thought it would be pretty even stock vs stock.
    Not even REMOTELY close.

Stage2 vs 6MT Z28 LS1 would be a good run from a dig. The Z28 has the edge though with decent tires and some traction. From a roll, forget about it.
    LS1 Camaro's with 6MT are capable of low 13's @ 106/107mph.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Agreed...fastest trap I got w/stg. 2 was 104...still too slow to keep up with an LS1 roll.
    Jamie
    John 3:3
    XTi

sometimes you just need to accept it....
    ... there's no replacement for displacement
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by Micah
    sometimes you just need to accept it....
    ... there's no replacement for displacement
    That is not true. However, in the case of the wrx, a stock turbo is no match for the LS1.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Yeah...I think it is true.
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by ilivas
    Yeah...I think it is true.
    +eleventy bajillion

There is no replacement for displacement. Any possible mod which you can do to a smaller engine and can also be applied to a larger engine will usually negate the gains on the smaller engine. However, there is always the costower ratio to consider. Cost is one of the reasons my Z is stock and my WRX is not.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

You can have your turbo(s) with your cubic inches but the automakers have yet to put it in a production car. It wouldn't cost any more to build a turbo v8 than it does/did to make the turbo v6's from the past decade. I'd bet costs would be similar to Ford's supercharged Cobra lineup.

For the Mustang, Ford went with the roots blower because of its instant power. Turbos would deliver far more max power, plus the lag would actually be beneficial for launch since traction is an issue with 2wd. "Lag" is a very subjective term anyway -- for anything except a dyno queen, real-world power is plentiful.

GM has the right idea with the Saturn Sky / Pontiac Solstice. A turbo, 6spd, rwd car is a very good starting point. Look at Mercedes -- they took a v12 that was already powerful and then added a pair of turbos. I like that kind of thinking!
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.