hmm stage 2 vs. Camaro Z28? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on hmm stage 2 vs. Camaro Z28? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ilivas Yeah...I think it is true. happy to agree with you once +1 on that one...

Quote Originally Posted by ilivas
    Yeah...I think it is true.
    happy to agree with you once +1 on that one

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bballer018
    I've been to the track a couple of times and I can only think of one time where i saw a ls1 camaro/trans am break into 13's. Majority of them get low 14's. Maybe a stg 2 would actually have a better chance then i thought from a stop light run to about 60-70. I Might just have to race my brother someday to find out.
    You have seen a lot of bad drivers then. What is your altitude/location?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

My input: From a roll I am about even with a stock LS1 and thats with Stage 2 and RA gears. They are strong cars.
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

I have a buddy with an SS I've been wanting to run for fun and expect to get a jump from a start but get raped after second gear though I'm Stage Factory...
    tim price
    Blobeye Syndicate #100

Quote Originally Posted by adam3482p
    My input: From a roll I am about even with a stock LS1 and thats with Stage 2 and RA gears. They are strong cars.
    That is rather surprising

Is this from one experience, or several? No stock turbo wrx should be hanging with LS1's from a roll. STi's fall behind to LS1's on the roll, and stage2 is def. not as stong up top as an STi.
    Just call me Clark Kent

yep stage 2 should be quite a bit slower than a stock ls1.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

wondering how this would fair against an LT1

Ok i just got done with my summer internship and have about 3,500 dollars to spend on my car and right now all I have is a shorthrow shifter.

My goal here is to beat my buddies LT1 camaro 6MT that has long tube headers, y-pipe, and a catback along with a cold air intake and a computer tune.

I think he is running a 13.6 right now. So pretty much I need to drop a second in the Quarter mile to keep up. How shall I go about doing this?

(I'm really sick of only beating him and Shawno Lapping day and what to shut him up but i'm thinking this may not be possible)
    96 Mustang: Shorty Headers, X-pipe, Electronic cut out, Air silencer Delete, K&N air filter, really sticky tires
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

02 bugeye: exedy oem clutch, kybAGX struts, momo short-throw shifter, steel braided brake lines, stoptech rotors and stock rims (the 17inch wheel just weighed too much), 14.232 @ 94.75mph

Quote Originally Posted by dehnem
    Ok i just got done with my summer internship and have about 3,500 dollars to spend on my car and right now all I have is a shorthrow shifter.

My goal here is to beat my buddies LT1 camaro 6MT that has long tube headers, y-pipe, and a catback along with a cold air intake and a computer tune.

I think he is running a 13.6 right now. So pretty much I need to drop a second in the Quarter mile to keep up. How shall I go about doing this?

(I'm really sick of only beating him and Shawno Lapping day and what to shut him up but i'm thinking this may not be possible)
    If he really is running 13.6's then you can go stage2 and hang with him from a stop and maybe beat him with a good launch. From a roll though, you still cannot take him. If you want extra security, go with stage2.5 w/ a protune. Basically - uppipe, downpipe, catback, vf34 turbo, injectors, pump, cobb AP w/ protune and maybe a better top mount. This will give you enough to def. take him from a dig by a good amount and beat him on the high end as well.
    Just call me Clark Kent

This thread isn't making sense to me. If ls1 camaro runs low thirteen's-mid 13's and stage 2 wrx's run low 13's I don't see the debate???
    Mini Superman with four legs
    2006 Midnight Black Pearl WRX

Quote Originally Posted by bl0wnb0xerbabiE
    This thread isn't making sense to me. If ls1 camaro runs low thirteen's-mid 13's and stage 2 wrx's run low 13's I don't see the debate???
    Had you properly read the thread you would have seen that the original poster stated the race was from a roll... Therefore, most people have been making references to a rolling race and a stage2 wrx is no match for a 6MT LS1 on the roll.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Yeah - holding them off for the first 1/4 mile isn't the same as matching the top end power of even a stock LS1. You'll need at least 105 mph traps to hang.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by Micah
    +eleventy bajillion

There is no replacement for displacement. Any possible mod which you can do to a smaller engine and can also be applied to a larger engine will usually negate the gains on the smaller engine. However, there is always the costower ratio to consider. Cost is one of the reasons my Z is stock and my WRX is not.
    Unless of course you are talking about the Buick Grand National.
    2004 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    My untuned vf39 is dead even from a 35mph roll with a ls1 TA with a lid and exhaust. I don't think a stg2 WRX would come close from a roll.

My vf-34 setup with boost set at 21 PSI pulled about 4 cars on a stock one from a 60 mph roll to well not really sure the speedo stops at 140 = ( but i would guess about 150 +

Ran another one from a dig with intake, exhaust, chip and had him by only 3 cars after 3rd gear, and when i shifted into 5th we were almost even.. scary fast with boltons. watch out..
    Last edited by enash99; 09-11-2006 at 02:15 PM.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123