hmm stage 2 vs. Camaro Z28? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on hmm stage 2 vs. Camaro Z28? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Micah +eleventy bajillion There is no replacement for displacement. Any possible mod which you can do to ...

Quote Originally Posted by Micah
    +eleventy bajillion

There is no replacement for displacement. Any possible mod which you can do to a smaller engine and can also be applied to a larger engine will usually negate the gains on the smaller engine. However, there is always the costower ratio to consider. Cost is one of the reasons my Z is stock and my WRX is not.

Evo, putting out 1043whp out of a 4cylinder so far and still going.

just to add to what thread is originally about, idk if a stage 2 sti can keep up with a ls1 camaro off a roll. Unless its stage 2 plus with fmic and a custom tune hitting 300whp or a bit over.
    Last edited by AwdTurboWrx; 08-08-2006 at 01:16 PM.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx

just to add to what thread is originally about, idk if a stage 2 sti can keep up with a ls1 camaro off a roll. Unless its stage 2 plus with fmic and a custom tune hitting 300whp or a bit over.
    that car is no longer a street car.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Quote Originally Posted by ilivas
    that car is no longer a street car.

not many 1000whp street cars. Also a supra doesnt have the biggest engine in the world yet they have the best rep of way over 1000whp street cars. I wouldn't be calling a 6 cylinder a displacement king. So everyone can take their v8's, unless they are supercharged i dont want them.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

There are plenty of 800+whp v8 street cars around my town, and they didnt really cost that much.

When it comes down to it... bigger displacement is cheaper, safer, and more efficient at making power.
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx

I'm sure a stg2 STi OTS map will hang with an LS1 from a roll. My friends stg2 STi runs dead even with me and I run dead even with a friend (well kind of) 2000 WS6 with lid and exhaust.

From 2nd to 4th all 3 cars are door to door the whole time. I've raced both cars twice and the outcome was the same each time.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

There are plenty of 800+whp v8 street cars around my town, and they didnt really cost that much.

When it comes down to it... bigger displacement is cheaper, safer, and more efficient at making power.
    Thank you!
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Thank you!
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    Well he didn't say LS1, obviously it wouldn't be a race if it was.

My brother has a 2000 firebird firehawk (basically a trans am). I drive it pretty often. I must admit a stage 2 wrx is no match for a stock ls1.

Quote Originally Posted by bballer018
    My brother has a 2000 firebird firehawk (basically a trans am). I drive it pretty often. I must admit a stage 2 wrx is no match for a stock ls1.
    No match in what sense? From a roll its no match, from a dig up to 60mph the wrx is faster then an LS1 if driven properly, so that statement is pretty broad. In the 1/4 an LS1 is a little faster then a properly driven stage II wrx, at stop lights to any legal speed limit i would put my money on a well driven Stage II wrx over a stock LS1 until 65mph or so. Then it is lights out.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

I dont consider a race to 60mph a race to begin with...
    Mods

And yet people have claimed wins for less..

I agree if we are going to rate cars it should be to some form of car club rules. AKA: NHRA or SCCA. You can't claim to be faster then a car when running 0 to 60.. Truth is the only people who car about that are magazine..
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

+1

Also, let us not forget that a stock LS1 with a nice set of tires would still beat a stage2 wrx to 60mph anyways.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    No match in what sense? From a roll its no match, from a dig up to 60mph the wrx is faster then an LS1 if driven properly, so that statement is pretty broad. In the 1/4 an LS1 is a little faster then a properly driven stage II wrx, at stop lights to any legal speed limit i would put my money on a well driven Stage II wrx over a stock LS1 until 65mph or so. Then it is lights out.
    It isn't given that WRX/STI/EVO will beat LS1 F-Body/C5/Mustang. I've seen many WRX/STI/EVOs getting out launched by RWD cars. I personally made 6 passes against 4 STIs and 2 EVOs and only once I was out launched by EVO.

Properly driven? Any yet you've mentioned several times about 14 second LS1 SS, as if that was properly driven, when we know 14 second LS1 SS driver sucked.

Even AWD cars isn't much of match against A4 w/stalled LS1 F-Bodys and M6 F-Body w/DRs will do well against AWD cars.

0-60? Since when that is considered as a race? Although I have seen some retards put a flasher on as soon as they get little ahead, even before reaching 60 mph as if they are trying to indicate that they won the race. lol.
    N/A -- 11.9@119 1.911 60' w/street radials
    N2O -- 11.3@126 1.820 60' w/street radials

I've been to the track a couple of times and I can only think of one time where i saw a ls1 camaro/trans am break into 13's. Majority of them get low 14's. Maybe a stg 2 would actually have a better chance then i thought from a stop light run to about 60-70. I Might just have to race my brother someday to find out.
    Last edited by bballer018; 08-10-2006 at 08:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.