WRX catless TBE& uppie vs Stage one
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX catless TBE& uppie vs Stage one within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So a guy moved in down the street from me and he has an 03 wrx with catless TBE and ...

WRX catless TBE& uppie vs Stage one

So a guy moved in down the street from me and he has an 03 wrx with catless TBE and uppie. I also have an 03 with cobb stage one. I just met the guy today and we were talking anout what we had done to out cars. He said that with his TBE he thought he was about 250 hp and that he hadent heard of AP's? and said that there was no substitute for opening up an engine. He wants to run if we can get a chance, what would be the outcome from a dig and role?
    mmmmmmmmmm, turbo!
    Cobb Stage 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think he might edge u out as the speeds get higher, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by cnacc
    So a guy moved in down the street from me and he has an 03 wrx with catless TBE and uppie. I also have an 03 with cobb stage one. I just met the guy today and we were talking anout what we had done to out cars. He said that with his TBE he thought he was about 250 hp and that he hadent heard of AP's? and said that there was no substitute for opening up an engine. He wants to run if we can get a chance, what would be the outcome from a dig and role?
    a turboback exhaust doesnt really do anything substantial without EM. He will gain some HP being catless though. I think with some precision driving you could make him eat his words without too much trouble. If i had to bet, my money would be on the stage 1. However, with an uppipe, he will have the edge as it will take him less time to get into boost.

I cant beleive he has all that work done and hasnt heard of the AP---you should beat him and then tell him that a simple reflash and he would be running 225-235 whp.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex
    a turboback exhaust doesnt really do anything substantial without EM.

Hmm... I think it is quite substantial, well, at least that's what my butt dyno tells me... especially with up pipe added. I think it will be a driver's race. Pull the race and let us know about it to get a final answer!

Good luck!
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

a turboback exhaust doesnt really do anything substantial without EM. .

I gained 30 whp with up, dp, and catback over stock and only gained an additional 10 with a protuned accessport.

A large majority of the whp gains that stage2 wrx's see is from going catless. The stock cats are extremely restrictive on the wrx and by getting rid of them all with TBE + UP you are freeing up a lot of hp. Sure the Accessport is great, but it is more of a "well-rounded" increase in power. It makes the powerband more driveable, it makes it smoother, and it pulls harder to redline... However, overall power wise, you are going to see more from a TBE + UP as opposed to just a stage1 AP.

Given equal drivers my money is on the catless rex.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Me&05WRX
    Hmm... I think it is quite substantial, well, at least that's what my butt dyno tells me... especially with up pipe added. I think it will be a driver's race. Pull the race and let us know about it to get a final answer!

Good luck!
    maybe you are right...Ive never been without EM. I know that no cats will be a big difference, but I thought that a exhaust doesnt really add anything by itself
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

I beg to differ with that statement. The TBE adds a LOT of power!!! qUicKnesS05 and I just put mine on last night (post coming about it later today) and holy damn its nice. He convinced me to trade in the Utec for an AP. So thats here tuesday

I love my TBE. Amazing gains. I don't know how much the AP will add.

Just race and find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentdawn
    I beg to differ with that statement. The TBE adds a LOT of power!!! qUicKnesS05 and I just put mine on last night (post coming about it later today) and holy damn its nice. He convinced me to trade in the Utec for an AP. So thats here tuesday

I love my TBE. Amazing gains. I don't know how much the AP will add.

Just race and find out.
    I also installed my TBE and up-pipe before I got an AP, and the exhaust alone made great topend gains. But adding the AP smoothed out the cuve and made a noticeable difference in torque! Car is SO much nicer to drive everyday now!
    Stock or something close to it.....

Quote Originally Posted by soon2BWRXd
    I also installed my TBE and up-pipe before I got an AP, and the exhaust alone made great topend gains. But adding the AP smoothed out the cuve and made a noticeable difference in torque! Car is SO much nicer to drive everyday now!

precisely what I said
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    maybe you are right...Ive never been without EM. I know that no cats will be a big difference, but I thought that a exhaust doesnt really add anything by itself
    Are you kidding, bigger exhaust adds hp alone even with some cats still on there, you get better flow for faster spolling so you make more hp.

Oh and if your going to say he has tbe without cats and uppie that kinda like saying the same thing twice. If hes got TBE hes got no cats and obviously got an uppipe.

Quote Originally Posted by project_skyline
    Oh and if your going to say he has tbe without cats and uppie that kinda like saying the same thing twice. If hes got TBE hes got no cats and obviously got an uppipe.
    Actually Up-pipe has nothing to do with a TBE, the Up-pipe or Turbo inlet pipe would be Well obviously BEFORE the turbo. And a TBE would be a Turbo BACK exhaust. if you buy a TBE you don't get a up-pipe, you just get downpipe and catback.

Also TBEs can be had with a Cat, or some come with multiple high flow cats so that they will pass inspection. So it's doesn't instantly mean you have no cats, just most people here opt for a catless downpipe for the sound and slight performace gain.
    Stock or something close to it.....

I know that no cats will be a big difference
    Actually, not having a CAT is very insignificant vs. having a CAT. If you revert back to stock with your TBE, you won't notice much, except probably an unsmooth acceleration within your rpm's.
    Last edited by Me&05WRX; 08-06-2006 at 10:54 PM.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

You have got to be kidding me. The Subaru cats are SO restrictive..why else would people gut them. Seriously. You make no sense. Please get your information correct before you post something like tha.t

Cat removal = hp gains.

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    Turbo back exhaust means no cats if it has cats its a Cat back exhaust plain and simple.

Q: Excuse me for not knowing about the abbreviation but what does AP stand for?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast