"STAGE 4" WRX's = Street Terror?
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on "STAGE 4" WRX's = Street Terror? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; it just amazes me over and over what my WRX is capable of on street encounters... i've pulled on turbo ...

"STAGE 4" WRX's = Street Terror?

it just amazes me over and over what my WRX is capable of on street encounters... i've pulled on turbo supra's, porsche gt3's, lamborghini gallardo's, modded EVO's, modded STi's, Mustangs, Camaro's, RX-7's... the list goes on and on.

anyone else amazed and pleasantly surprised or is it just me? me, i've never made ridiculous amounts of power... 275whp was the highest i've put down on the dyno, yet an STi with 300whp wont have a chance. what makes the WRX have such an edge? or am I alone here?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

was this light to light or straigh up racing and u pulled on all of them?
    Yea tru love we can find ourselves
    I call our true identies
    Love ya brudda love ya sista
    Love everyone...the univeral sign
    Ill take it from here

** lightly modded evo's :P

Quote Originally Posted by creditcards
    was this light to light or straigh up racing and u pulled on all of them?
    its always just my car cruising along and they roll up staring and try to run... so i or my friend would pull on them real quick and just cruise again. (my friend drives my car on occasion) most of the time, they're so embarassed they wont look over again. with the porsche and lamborghini, it was kept under 100mph... but the others are a good sprinkle of all speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    ** lightly modded evo's :P
    no way... they had loud exhausts and BOV's! they were race cars i tells ya! yeah, i know the potential of EVO's as much as, if not more than, anyone... i really wish those EVO owners would look at me so I could ask them how they managed to make the car so slow.

I had a kid at a light in a Malibu or similar that wanted to race me the other nite
    That's all I get but I'm just a stocker so I don't go out pickin' fights.
    tim price
    Blobeye Syndicate #100

It is pretty amazing when the vaunted cars go down. It's like, "Holy ****, I just beat that ?!" I get my kicks after a few runs at the track, watching the high and mighty get slower times than me.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX
    it just amazes me over and over what my WRX is capable of on street encounters... i've pulled on turbo supra's, porsche gt3's, lamborghini gallardo's, modded EVO's, modded STi's, Mustangs, Camaro's, RX-7's... the list goes on and on.

anyone else amazed and pleasantly surprised or is it just me? me, i've never made ridiculous amounts of power... 275whp was the highest i've put down on the dyno, yet an STi with 300whp wont have a chance. what makes the WRX have such an edge? or am I alone here?

I am stage 4 also, I do share your enthusiasm and thrill of driving this car. But WTF are you thinking? I can say, OK to the Turbo Supra if you ran from a dig and stopped short of 130mph, I have pulled on 911's and Carrera 4s's so ill say ok to that ( but its not "walking" on them it is slowly pulling away), I hang with stage 2 protuned 291/316 sti ( user is on here blackeyeII ) . The modded EVO, if its more than stage II well again you wont be pulling, I have a thread a little below this where i beat my friends M5, but as for the Gallardo tho... this is where i have to give you the flag. I enjoy the WRX fully and my VF-34 is evil in this car, but lets not get crazy about this. Its still a WRX man not a "super car" . I was behind a lambo and when he got fully into it, he was just walking away man, you have 275whp. Great achievement on the WRX, but your not going to pull on a gallardo. And i am sure you are not going to PULL on a modded STI or a Modded EVO either, if you still think so then i want the calculator that you used to add that sh!t up so i can use it to add up my bank account..

Enjoy your car it is amazing for what it is.. but only that..

My mods are in my sig if you are wondering...

P.S. Same goes for the posers that get a WRX and put sti badges all over it and make it "look like" and STI. It’s a WRX rep what you got.. If you wanted Sti badges then step with the $$ to buy an Sti. So many posers in this world. I luv seeing Mustangs that are 6 cyl and they have SVT badges, and Cobra badges all over them and they have a single crome exhaust tip screwed on to the tail pipe that they bought at Autozone for 19$. So many posers out there…. Sad to see it..
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

no way... they had loud exhausts and BOV's! they were race cars i tells ya! yeah, i know the potential of EVO's as much as, if not more than, anyone... i really wish those EVO owners would look at me so I could ask them how they managed to make the car so slow.
    if the Evo had loud exhausts and a BOV(Vent to atmosphere) but not tuned with those mods will make the evo running pig rich! therefore it will perform worst than stock.
    Lancer Evolution V///

439 WHP / 362 TQ TTR 50 Trim on pump @ 23psi.
    11.6 @ 120mph 1.6 60' (11/11/06)

Not to be rude enash99 but you said the samething about my car and a stg2 SRT-4. Sorry but I don't care who you are, if you suck at drive, you suck at driving in anything.

Sure his car on paper is slower then some of them listed, but real world is different and sometimes you face a faster car with a bad driver mod and smoke them. Yes even from a roll.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    Not to be rude enash99 but you said the samething about my car and a stg2 SRT-4. Sorry but I don't care who you are, if you suck at drive, you suck at driving in anything.

Sure his car on paper is slower then some of them listed, but real world is different and sometimes you face a faster car with a bad driver mod and smoke them. Yes even from a roll.

Actually you were talking about an srt stage 2 w/toys plus. And i agree with you about bad drivers,, but it doesnt take a good driver to stand on the gas and drive in a straight line.. and as for real world difference sure, maybe the drivers are the difference but lets see the vid lets see the proof. I still say you take a newb and put them in a Lambo, and let him stand on the gas, your going to get beat.. as long as he can shif the car just b4 rev limiter and stand on the gas, your car, my car, and his car will be walked on. so not trying to be a d!ck either but the logic there is just nutty,

And second thing, he is talking about his car pulling on other cars,, His WRX WILL NOT pull on a Lambo, He may out drive the driver of the lambo, but then he should be posting that he out drove him, We all want to think our cars are the next best thing to sliced bread.. but him stating that he can pull on a lambo.. come on, Come down to Miami and ill give him a run in a Lambo, bring your vid cam... Since we are talking about car vs car..

If you want to talk about driver vs driver, then this shouldnt be a car vs car discussion.

I understand i am being a bit aggressive so i apologize but i have a hard time reading post that are just completely retarded..
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    And i agree with you about bad drivers,, but it doesnt take a good driver to stand on the gas and drive in a straight line..
    You would be surprised. I have watched many stage 2 STis struggle to get into the 13s.

There are alot of really bad drivers in really nice cars out there.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzman
    You would be surprised. I have watched many stage 2 STis struggle to get into the 13s.

There are alot of really bad drivers in really nice cars out there.

I know and agree with that statement, I just dont agree with the statement that his WRX can pull on a Lambo,

It should read "I out drove this guy in a lambo" We all know his car is inferior to a lambo. other wise no one would buy a lambo when they can get a 26k rex throw 5 k in mods at it and call it a day!

This forum "WRX vs the world" to me relates to a car vs car comparsion, Now perception is everthing, But if someone was to post a thread "03 wrx stage 4 vs Gallardo"

and then says he pulled on him, ok the driver of the lambo either wasnt getting in it or is a squid of a driver. Maybe i am spoiled by my circle of friends that have high end cars.. they all can drive.. so my experiences are real to what the CAR vs CAR can do.. I guess if my grandmother was in a gallardo and i raced her in my wrx then i too can post that i pulled away from a Lambo.. but i would look like an as$ for saying that.. just as he does.

and just to clarify he stated gallardo's. That means more than one, chances of more than one gallardo owner not knowing how to shift is hard to believe. Post that in a lambo forum and see how badly you get flamed..
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods

enash, i've had a VF22 and now a Big16G... i just said "stage 4" as a general blanket statement. both turbo's i have owned have more top end and flow more air than your VF34. maybe that is why you have a hard time believing? i dunno i could've dyno'd at XS Engineering where VF34 WRX's have made near 400whp... would that better convince you? fact is, i ate up many of these cars making 240whp on a VF22... who knows what i really made! dyno's are tuning tools, not for bragging rights. lol, as for outdriving people... umm, how many people with that kind of money know how to drive?

i've been racing since i could drive and i am well connected to the automotive aftermarket industry. you dont know me, so i'll excuse your ignorance... but i am not the type to seek fame or to BS. i have used my connections to get people in magazines and ads, but i remain humble and out of the spotlight. im not about that. i can assure you of what happened. as i've said in the past, i have nothing to prove to anyone. i simply started this thread for discussion, not to toot my own horn.

enash, i've had a VF22 and now a Big16G... i just said "stage 4" as a general blanket statement. both turbo's i have owned have more top end and flow more air than your VF34. maybe that is why you have a hard time believing? i dunno i could've dyno'd at XS Engineering where VF34 WRX's have made near 400whp... would that better convince you? fact is, i ate up many of these cars making 240whp on a VF22... who knows what i really made! dyno's are tuning tools, not for bragging rights. lol, as for outdriving people... umm, how many people with that kind of money know how to drive?

i've been racing since i could drive and i am well connected to the automotive aftermarket industry. you dont know me, so i'll excuse your ignorance... but i am not the type to seek fame or to BS. i have used my connections to get people in magazines and ads, but i remain humble and out of the spotlight. im not about that. i can assure you of what happened. as i've said in the past, i have nothing to prove to anyone. i simply started this thread for discussion, not to toot my own horn.

What ever man,,, 240 WHP no matter how you color it with your extensive experience isnt going to pull on a LAMBO.. and you stated you have 275WHP now.. all i am trying to express is that your WRX with your 275 WHP isnt going to pull on a gallardo.. I also have an extensive racing background for both 2 and 4 wheel circuts.. I dont toot my horn either.. so you can excuse my ignorance if you like, but my "ignorance" as you state it is not knowing you as a person, I dont need to know you or how you drive to know that if you take 2 professional drivers one in your car and the other in the Lambo, you will get walked.. thats all i am saying..

you have a nice car with a good setup, i am not comparing my vf34 to yours but i know how my car handles against the others, In fact your setup vs my setup would obviously be much closer than either of ours vs a lambo..

That is the problem with this whole WRX vs the world. the majority of the threads are about car vs the other driver..

Hell i beat an Enzo yesterday, why because the driver didnt get on it, see my point, And from what your stating then, you beat the lambo because of the driver.. just as you would beat a yugo.. there is no differance. Now compare both cars.... there is your differance. All of these "street races" are for sh!t, most of the drivers are squids. But bring it to Road Alanta and lets see how that same race would be on a real circut track.

You have a good setup but just be realistic. think logically, how do you expect us to believe you are pulling on a Gallardo? and pulling on it means you are pulling away from it when you both started from and even stance and you were walking away.. ( both drivers being hard on it, and have the driving ability to handle them both.)

I just have reached my limit of hearing about these amazing races where someone beats a car that by all logic it can't be defined. So as i said you beat the driver of that car, you didnt beat the car.
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods

^^^^^^^^ well said! period!
    Lancer Evolution V///

439 WHP / 362 TQ TTR 50 Trim on pump @ 23psi.
    11.6 @ 120mph 1.6 60' (11/11/06)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.