"STAGE 4" WRX's = Street Terror? - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on "STAGE 4" WRX's = Street Terror? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by BrianH It's not like we're talking about a stock wrx here, or a wrx with an intake ...

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    It's not like we're talking about a stock wrx here, or a wrx with an intake and exhaust. It's not that hard to put a wrx into the 12's, though it seems some here think it is.
    12s aren't even fast! If you're running high 12s, you're not even safe from GT's with bolt ons or stock ls1 cars

12.2 is about the cutoff...if you're faster than that, you've got something now.

This isn't 1997
    2003 SRT-4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by StoplightWarrior
    12s aren't even fast! If you're running high 12s, you're not even safe from GT's with bolt ons or stock ls1 cars

12.2 is about the cutoff...if you're faster than that, you've got something now.

This isn't 1997
    I wasn't arguing that it was fast, I was saying it's not hard to put a wrx into the 12's.

This isn't 1997
    Id like to see gt's or stock ls1 cars crack out 12's up here.....

not gonna happen
    - Local Riceist

is the issue that he beat the driver, or the car?

or is the issue that his car beat the driver, or the car?
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

I wasn't arguing that it was fast, I was saying it's not hard to put a wrx into the 12's.

We all know what a 118mph trap speed can do with a good driver... 11's easy.

Just admit that the wrx is the slower car... He beat the driver if it even happened, not the car.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

This isn't 1997
    Apparently to brian's logic, a 275whp wrx, mustang gt, and stock ls1 is faster than a lambo.
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by ilivas
    We all know what a 118mph trap speed can do with a good driver... 11's easy.

Just admit that the wrx is the slower car... He beat the driver if it even happened, not the car.
    Yeah ok, an 118 mph trap can put you into the 11's easily. Unless you drive for car & driver or just about every other magazine I've found thats tested the cars. So it must not be that easy. I guess their drivers just suck or something.

I can tell you what else it didn't do, put the car infront of the op's wrx. I'm not arguing that a wrx is a supercar killer. Just that when you step away from benchracing and visit the real world for a bit strange things can happen.

Apparently to brian's logic, a 275whp wrx, mustang gt, and stock ls1 is faster than a lambo.
    Considering I've seen a 280whp cut 12 flat, it's possible. A true shame all dynos aren't the same it would make life so much easier for internet bench racers.

Considering I've seen a 280whp cut 12 flat, it's possible. A true shame all dynos aren't the same it would make life so much easier for internet bench racers.
    regardless... it's a 16g. It's a tiny tiny turbo. It's not going to make a wrx a lambo killer.
    Mods

regardless... it's a 16g. It's a tiny tiny turbo. It's not going to make a wrx a lambo killer.
    Yeah ok, it's a 16g which is capable of putting the car into the mid 12's which oddly enough is right around most the recorded times I've found for the car. That would put it pretty close.

oh yeah I forgot "it traps higher" yeah yeah. . frumaroll.

Yeah ok, an 118 mph trap can put you into the 11's easily. Unless you drive for car & driver or just about every other magazine I've found thats tested the cars. So it must not be that easy. I guess their drivers just suck or something.

I can tell you what else it didn't do, put the car infront of the op's wrx. I'm not arguing that a wrx is a supercar killer. Just that when you step away from benchracing and visit the real world for a bit strange things can happen.
    You dont know too much about drag racing apparently.

Look up times for c5 z06's for example, the run something like a mid 12 at 117mph. While ALOT of z06 drivers have cut low 12's and a few in high 11's bone stock. They're not really the best drivers. Car and Driver gets the car for a few days, and you expect them to know the car as well as hobbyist drag racer who has daily driven the car for years?

You're comparing a wrx in the BEST case scenario to a lambo in its WORST case scenario.
    Mods

Yeah ok, it's a 16g which is capable of putting the car into the mid 12's which oddly enough is right around most the recorded times I've found for the car. That would put it pretty close.

oh yeah I forgot "it traps higher" yeah yeah. . frumaroll.
    Just like a 500hp lambo is CAPABLE of 11's.

I checked mag times for a wrx,a nd they're getting anywhere from mid-high 14's. You and I both know they can hit low 14's pretty easily.

I dont think mid-12's is the norm for a 16g anyways. I knoow it happens, but high 12's/low 13's are more than likely.

You should know a trap is an indication of what a car CAN do in a quartermile with a good driver.
    Last edited by ilivas; 08-06-2006 at 11:04 PM.
    Mods

You dont know too much about drag racing apparently.

Look up times for c5 z06's for example, the run something like a mid 12 at 117mph. While ALOT of z06 drivers have cut low 12's and a few in high 11's bone stock. They're not really the best drivers. Car and Driver gets the car for a few days, and you expect them to know the car as well as hobbyist drag racer who has daily driven the car for years?

You're comparing a wrx in the BEST case scenario to a lambo in its WORST case scenario.
    Apparrently I don't know as much about internet drag racing as you, I try and for the most part stick to doing it in the real world where anything can happen and when you win you win. Your opponent doesn't get out and go "oh well, if I was a better driver I would have placed first so I should have that trophy".

Yep I'm comparing the wrx in the best case scenario to a lambo in its worst, just like you were comparing the lambo in its best case to the wrx in its worst earlier. I'm not saying that it will be a W in every situation, I'm just saying it's more than possible given that C&D drivers can't get a handle on that car. Chances are that was ona VHT'd to hell sticky track that'll pull a shoe as well, not a pebble & dirt coated street that's had construction trucks tossing **** all over it for the past five years.

Apparrently I don't know as much about internet drag racing as you, I try and for the most part stick to doing it in the real world where anything can happen and when you win you win. Your opponent doesn't get out and go "oh well, if I was a better driver I would have placed first so I should have that trophy".

Yep I'm comparing the wrx in the best case scenario to a lambo in its worst, just like you were comparing the lambo in its best case to the wrx in its worst earlier. I'm not saying that it will be a W in every situation, I'm just saying it's more than possible given that C&D drivers can't get a handle on that car. Chances are that was ona VHT'd to hell sticky track that'll pull a shoe as well, not a pebble & dirt coated street that's had construction trucks tossing **** all over it for the past five years.
    I understand that...

Given equal drivers/scenarios the lambo and gt4 are faster cars, are the main point I'm willing to make. Best case scenario vs best case scenario.

If a 280whp wrx can run a 12 flat, I'm sure a 450whp lambo can break 11's.

Where I race, (usually money involved), If my car blows up racing another car because I did a 4th to 2nd gear shift... I lose. I dont consider my car slower, I just drove poorly...
    Mods

I understand that...

Given equal drivers/scenarios the lambo and gt4 are faster cars, are the main point I'm willing to make. Best case scenario vs best case scenario.
    Then we're arguing the same point, but I'm arguing that it is more than possible that it did in fact happen. I'm not disagreeing that in many scenarios that the GT3/L is going to come out ahead.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast