"STAGE 4" WRX's = Street Terror? - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on "STAGE 4" WRX's = Street Terror? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I can't wait to sit down with a parked supercar so i can beat it and have doubts cast upon ...

I can't wait to sit down with a parked supercar so i can beat it and have doubts cast upon my ability to beat a mid to low 12 second car. It's not a freaking fighter jet, it's not that hard to believe. . . unless you're benchracing internet numbers I guess.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

both of those cars trap like 10mph more than he does which is huge. He'd have just a good a chance keeping up with a jet fighter.

I'm sure you can have a really crappy driver and run a 20 sec pass with a lambo. He was making it sound like HIS CAR is faster than lambos and porsche gt3s.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Quote Originally Posted by ilivas
    both of those cars trap like 10mph more than he does which is huge. He'd have just a good a chance keeping up with a jet fighter.

I'm sure you can have a really crappy driver and run a 20 sec pass with a lambo. He was making it sound like HIS CAR is faster than lambos and porsche gt3s.
    Traps, super. They're still mid-low 12 second cars.

If he beat them then his car was faster than those. That's all there is to it, you can sit and benchrace and doubt all day if you'd like, but it's not impossible by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    Traps, super. They're still mid-low 12 second cars.

If he beat them then his car was faster than those. That's all there is to it, you can sit and benchrace and doubt all day if you'd like, but it's not impossible by any means.
    If you're trapping 118mph, you'd have to be a pretty bad driver to run a mid 12.

If by some miracle of God, he beat those cars, his car wasnt faster, but the driver was just slower.
    Mods

If you tell me a porsche gt3, I'm gonna laugh in your face.

Street terror... lol
    There's about a 30-40 whp difference between a stage 4 and a GT3, close enough for a "driver's race."
    N.E. F4
    Mods

If you're trapping 118mph, you'd have to be a pretty bad driver to run a mid 12.

If by some miracle of God, he beat those cars, his car wasnt faster, but the driver was just slower.
    Not to give in to the allure of benchracing over the internet, but from super duper #'s that most of the magazines pulled off both the porsche gt3 and gallardo are both low 12 second cars. I don't care what they trap, I don't care about what ifs and all the other variables. The bottom line is that is what a magazine squeezed out of them so it's not to hard to believe that someone else with less driving experience could drive them to a mid to high 12 second pass. I don't think it takes a miracle of god(whichever one you may worship), but you can think what you'd like.

As far as beating the other car, I'll have to remember that. I'm going to ride around with my mod list now and print out times of those who have pulled good times with my mod list. THen if someone ever kills me I can go "yeah, well you didn't beat my car you only beat its driver! See look here someone else ran 11.3 on a stockblocked stock turbo!" Then I can still claim I'm faster.

Right.

Not to give in to the allure of benchracing over the internet, but from super duper #'s that most of the magazines pulled off both the porsche gt3 and gallardo are both low 12 second cars. I don't care what they trap, I don't care about what ifs and all the other variables. The bottom line is that is what a magazine squeezed out of them so it's not to hard to believe that someone else with less driving experience could drive them to a mid to high 12 second pass. I don't think it takes a miracle of god(whichever one you may worship), but you can think what you'd like.

As far as beating the other car, I'll have to remember that. I'm going to ride around with my mod list now and print out times of those who have pulled good times with my mod list. THen if someone ever kills me I can go "yeah, well you didn't beat my car you only beat its driver! See look here someone else ran 11.3 on a stockblocked stock turbo!" Then I can still claim I'm faster.

Right.
    The average stage 4 runs a low 13/ high 12. A few freaks may have had their stage 4's into low 12's, but very few have. Gallardo and GT3 are 11 sec cars whether mags say it or not.
    Mods

Right.
    Equal drivers we know the lambo and gt3 are the faster cars... so what's the argument here?
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by McBain
    There's about a 30-40 whp difference between a stage 4 and a GT3, close enough for a "driver's race."
    A gt3 has about 340-350whp, while he has 275whp.

That's abput 65whp difference... even if it was only a 30-40whp difference, that's like the difference between stage 2 and stage 4 wrx.
    Mods

The average stage 4 runs a low 13/ high 12. A few freaks may have had their stage 4's into low 12's, but very few have. Gallardo and GT3 are 11 sec cars whether mags say it or not.
    Equal drivers we know the lambo and gt3 are the faster cars... so what's the argument here?
    I see what you're doing here, make up imaginary times for the gt3 and the lambo, because evidently magazines are incapable of running "real" times and then use worst case scenario times for stage IV setups. It's cool though because if you reverse that scenario then you'll realize a stageIV car is more than capable of what the OP is claiming. I went poking around http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/ and while I couldn't find much about drag racing I did find a link to an offsite place where they had some gallardo times, of which quite a few were in the mid 12's.

I guess in reality it's not hard to see it happen, using a benchracing mindset with internet or even imaginary times it's a little bit tougher.

Equal drivers in both cars . . . who cares? There's tons of variables to cry about.

I had a stage 4 wrx on spray that couldnt hold it against a bpu poopra, Ive watched a bpu+ Supra barely hang with a stock Gheyardo.
    - Local Riceist

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Damn...I post on a ton of internet forums, and I'm always happy on here cause most of the members are very intelligent when it comes to their cars capabilities. Now, however, this thread is causing me to have second thoughts...

WRXs killing Gallardos and GT3s?? I think these "races" are basically what I encounter daily: I give it half-throttle and the guy next to me in the Denali goes balls to the wall and puts 2 lengths on me, likely thinking his SUV is a Vette killer.
    2003 SRT-4

Quote Originally Posted by StoplightWarrior
    Damn...I post on a ton of internet forums, and I'm always happy on here cause most of the members are very intelligent when it comes to their cars capabilities. Now, however, this thread is causing me to have second thoughts...

WRXs killing Gallardos and GT3s?? I think these "races" are basically what I encounter daily: I give it half-throttle and the guy next to me in the Denali goes balls to the wall and puts 2 lengths on me, likely thinking his SUV is a Vette killer.

It's not like we're talking about a stock wrx here, or a wrx with an intake and exhaust. It's not that hard to put a wrx into the 12's, though it seems some here think it is.

It's not like we're talking about a stock wrx here, or a wrx with an intake and exhaust. It's not that hard to put a wrx into the 12's, though it seems some here think it is.

Brian, come on man, yes i can run in the 12's with my setup.. but im still not "PULLING" as stated here.. If you are this confident go get your vid camera and run a lambo come back with the footage to prove your statements, I'll wait...
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    Brian, come on man, yes i can run in the 12's with my setup.. but im still not "PULLING" as stated here.. If you are this confident go get your vid camera and run a lambo come back with the footage to prove your statements, I'll wait...
    OK I'll give you continuing to pull may be going to far, but killing one isn't hard to believe with a stageIV car.

Yeah I'll go right out and find one as I've never seen either. Of course if I did come back with footage it would be useless anyways because it would have just been a bad driver. Or some other excuse because it's unpossible that those cars get beat or something.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.