"STAGE 4" WRX's = Street Terror? - Page 3
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on "STAGE 4" WRX's = Street Terror? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey, all i can say is the truth... on one dyno i made 240whp and on another i made 275whp... ...

hey, all i can say is the truth... on one dyno i made 240whp and on another i made 275whp... who really knows what i make? pretty big variance from one dyno to another. perhaps on another dyno, i'll make over 300whp. as i said, i use dyno's for tuning purposes not bragging rights.

hell, im not even the one trying to race these guys, i think street racing is worthless cuz its got too many variables... i road race and did rallyX for a few years. if you guys are saying these lamborghini owners cant step on the gas and shift, what makes you think they can actually turn while doing so?

no matter what the car is, there has to be a driver. where i live, supercars are all over the place if you know when and where to look. for the most part these owners do not know how to drive. that is fact because i know these people. they work hard and then they bring out their toys on the weekend or when they are off work and not golfing. these people in my area are not the uber rich who can go race all day... the buy the cars as a status symbol. so my statements about their driving abilities are neither ignorant nor prejudice. perhaps i should have clarified i was basing my opinions on real life experience, not fantasy like you guys do.

the last lambo encounter... the lambo opened up and let go to wait for me, as to taunt me... not like i even cared, but then that made me mad. so as i caught up within a car length or two, he went WOT... for me it was a 2nd gear and 3rd gear pull... and i pulled closer to him and let off before hitting him. the road does curve a little, so maybe he was having a hard time with that, i dont know. all i know is thats what happened and whenever i see him, he doesn't look at me and try to race me anymore.

but whatever, ok, im such a great driver that the car has nothing to do with it... i'm gonna get my moms old 87 honda accord and beat him in that too... this forum clearly states in the sticky that its for street encounters, not organized street racing... so we have no control over who is driving what. i am simply stating what happened... and i just looked up the gallardo in car and driver... do you guys realize the gallardo only did 12.4 in the quarter mile and it was driven by guys who do this daily? yet, somehow it is impossible that i'd even have a chance, huh? damn, i thought you magazine racers were better than that...

anyways, i'm done with you. here i was thinking the gallardo was some monster car where what i did was impossible... and that maybe the driver was retarded or something, which is why i did so well... ah, yes, i remember why i avoid posting too much on forums... its full of ignorant people who have nothing better to do than talk trash.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX
    ah, yes, i remember why i avoid posting too much on forums... its full of ignorant people who have nothing better to do than talk trash.
    Yea, they swarmed on you like insects. They really research what you type so they can highlight that portion of statement to prove you wrong. All I read was you beat a Gallardo in the streets. You beat the Gallardo, good. End of story. People will always plot this, plot that, it's a driver's race, put a better driver and let's see what will happen... and the list could go on.

It's a street race encounter... ANYTHING can happen. I just don't understand people flagging "BS" when the outcome is as such.

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    And i agree with you about bad drivers,, but it doesnt take a good driver to stand on the gas and drive in a straight line..
    Enash99, question for you... how can he then beat the driver with this statement? You're having hard time believing he pulled on a Lambo, but on this situation, he just did. I don't see any reasons for him to make it all up. From your comments, you're implying that the whole thing is just a dream that he wished it happened. Don't you think that's wrong? If you put a better or professional driver in a Lambo, then it would walk on him, but the FACT is, it didn't. It may be unbelievable or whatever you want to call it, but the outcome is what states original thread.
    Last edited by Me&05WRX; 08-05-2006 at 02:40 AM.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

it just amazes me over and over what my WRX is capable of on street encounters... i've pulled on turbo supra's, porsche gt3's, lamborghini gallardo's, modded EVO's, modded STi's, Mustangs, Camaro's, RX-7's... the list goes on and on.

anyone else amazed and pleasantly surprised or is it just me? me, i've never made ridiculous amounts of power... 275whp was the highest i've put down on the dyno, yet an STi with 300whp wont have a chance. what makes the WRX have such an edge? or am I alone here?
    I also have to raise the bs flag...

Your car is not faster than any of the cars you listed.

No offense, but your car isnt really that fast... you'd have a hard time beating a ls1 camaro on a roll
    Last edited by ilivas; 08-05-2006 at 05:15 AM.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    Still hung up on whp numbers huh, if lotsofnos was at 330whp he'd have clicked off a mid 11 second pass which would be plenty enough to drag a galardo's ass for a quarter mile and still be pulling on it.

AFAIK if you beat the driver you still beat the car. Unless you're on clubwrx in which case you have to beat the best time of that car that someone can find on the internet. People suck at driving, did you beat the driver yep. Did you beat the car, yep. Will you beat it in every possible scenario, probably not. I know it's hard to believe that not all cars you're going to come across on the street will run the advertised track #'s seen in a magazine or on the internet, but it happens. I've seen new z06's cutting 13's, I've seen LS1 SS's cut 17's. . Hell I've seen my modified evo cut a 19

Evo's are easy to extract power out of, I didn't see the article in modified as I don't read it but I'm sure that it was tuned to its limits on race gas.
    yeah that sounded more like what i was thinking but i didnt com out that way. i aggree totaly with that. i saw a modded last gen z06 run 13.0s at 104 dunno how he managed that.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    i saw a modded last gen z06 run 13.0s at 104 dunno how he managed that.
    At the track, you'll see lot of people who are either new with their car or trying to learn how to run their car. I too saw some horrendous numbers with lot of cars on the track..13 second C6 Z06, 16 second srt4, 15 second LS1 F-Bodys, 13 second srt10 Viper...list goes on. We all know these numbers aren't norm but I have seen countless people on the net using some of these numbers for a comparison.

Personally, I don't take in pride of beating these drivers who can't driver to save their lives. I have beaten many cars with more HP than my car but I don't go around announcing I did so because it means nothing to me nor prove anything, but that's just me.
    N/A -- 11.9@119 1.911 60' w/street radials
    N2O -- 11.3@126 1.820 60' w/street radials

Quote Originally Posted by ilivas
    I also have to raise the bs flag...

Your car is not faster than any of the cars you listed.

No offense, but your car isnt really that fast... you'd have a hard time beating a ls1 camaro on a roll
    unlike some people, my car isnt an extension of my ****... so i dont really care if worthless people like yourself dont believe i beat those cars.

i like to build proper cars that handle well cuz that is more important. the STi doesnt just have a bigger engine with no handling improvement. the ferrari wouldn't be a ferrari if it handled like a pig.

i may not be the fastest, but at least im not on tein springs... you can afford a big engine and turbo, yet your suspension is tein springs... now that is sad.

if all you care about is going fast in a straight line, why not get a Mustang or a Camaro? its more capable than the WRX will ever be...

my opinion on the whole matter is this....it is not fastest time vs the fastest time....it is driver vs driver....these cars most likely arent automatic so you cant say its not hard to just mash the gas and go straight...shifting requires skill as does any technique ex heal/ toe double clutching...yes on paper some cars may have more hp but if the driver cant shift worth squat then it doesnt really matter....he may shift slow, ride the clutch, or even miss a shift and it may happen to anyone....no one is perfect and im sure at one time its happened to all of us....it even happens to professional drivers....what it comes down to is driver and driver skill so there is no reason to bash anyone if you do not know them personally....most people dont believe things until they see them and thats how theyll always be...i am not taking anyones side...i am just clearly stating my opinion and thats where i stand on this matter....take it as you wish....good day
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    my opinion on the whole matter is this....it is not fastest time vs the fastest time....it is driver vs driver....these cars most likely arent automatic so you cant say its not hard to just mash the gas and go straight...shifting requires skill as does any technique ex heal/ toe double clutching...yes on paper some cars may have more hp but if the driver cant shift worth squat then it doesnt really matter....he may shift slow, ride the clutch, or even miss a shift and it may happen to anyone....no one is perfect and im sure at one time its happened to all of us....it even happens to professional drivers....what it comes down to is driver and driver skill so there is no reason to bash anyone if you do not know them personally....most people dont believe things until they see them and thats how theyll always be...i am not taking anyones side...i am just clearly stating my opinion and thats where i stand on this matter....take it as you wish....good day

.... nice... run .. .on... .sentance......
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

unlike some people, my car isnt an extension of my ****... so i dont really care if worthless people like yourself dont believe i beat those cars.

i like to build proper cars that handle well cuz that is more important. the STi doesnt just have a bigger engine with no handling improvement. the ferrari wouldn't be a ferrari if it handled like a pig.

i may not be the fastest, but at least im not on tein springs... you can afford a big engine and turbo, yet your suspension is tein springs... now that is sad.

if all you care about is going fast in a straight line, why not get a Mustang or a Camaro? its more capable than the WRX will ever be...
    If you wanted a good handling car, why didnt you get a miata? It's more capable than a wrx will ever be.

I'm not the one on the high horse posting BS stories about his car beating lambos.

Just as an fyi I have coil overs and a rear sway bar being installed at this moment, while my turbo is being rebuilt. Anyways, It's not your place to judge what I spend my money on.

I spent lost of money on my car, and I dont need a noob ricer, that thinks he has the fastest car on the planet, to tell me how to build a proper sports car. Trust me buddy, I know how.

An extension of my ****?? I'm not the one racing parked supercars and patting myself on the back for it. I race supercars for real...
    Last edited by ilivas; 08-05-2006 at 04:01 PM.
    Mods

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    I am pretty confident that I could take a Stage 4 (from a roll) and I just have a c5 with basic mods. 275whp doesnt scare me (from a roll).
    2003 SRT-4

Quote Originally Posted by StoplightWarrior
    I am pretty confident that I could take a Stage 4 (from a roll) and I just have a c5 with basic mods. 275whp doesnt scare me (from a roll).
    wanna race my forester from a roll? it's mildly modded and it's not taht fast. i will be going up to gruppe-s and add a lil something,something and it'll be a lil faster. i just recently killed a Gallardo on the freeway as well. we can meet somewhere(me hungry for some v8) in cisco?
    Yea tru love we can find ourselves
    I call our true identies
    Love ya brudda love ya sista
    Love everyone...the univeral sign
    Ill take it from here

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by creditcards
    wanna race my forester from a roll? it's mildly modded and it's not taht fast. i will be going up to gruppe-s and add a lil something,something and it'll be a lil faster. i just recently killed a Gallardo on the freeway as well. we can meet somewhere(me hungry for some v8) in cisco?
    Ok, if we can go from an 80 roll
    2003 SRT-4

whats wrong with Tein springs?
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

wOw!

One guy flags a "BS" to this thread and the rest follows! I guess I'll add on and say "this fool's a liar"... very judgemental group of people in here.

SonicYellowWRX, I feel you on getting a BS flag. I got flagged with beating a stock SRT-4 with AP stage 2 setup... you're getting played in here! Well, I guess life goes on!
    Last edited by Me&05WRX; 08-06-2006 at 01:09 AM.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

An srt-4 isnt a lambo gallardo or a porsche gt3. If you tell me you beat a stock srt-4, I'd give you the benefit of the doubt. If you tell me a porsche gt3, I'm gonna laugh in your face.

Street terror... lol
    Mods

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.