"STAGE 4" WRX's = Street Terror? - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on "STAGE 4" WRX's = Street Terror? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by enash99 What ever man,,, 240 WHP no matter how you color it with your extensive experience isnt ...

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    What ever man,,, 240 WHP no matter how you color it with your extensive experience isnt going to pull on a LAMBO.. and you stated you have 275WHP now.. all i am trying to express is that your WRX with your 275 WHP isnt going to pull on a gallardo.. I also have an extensive racing background for both 2 and 4 wheel circuts.. I dont toot my horn either.. so you can excuse my ignorance if you like, but my "ignorance" as you state it is not knowing you as a person, I dont need to know you or how you drive to know that if you take 2 professional drivers one in your car and the other in the Lambo, you will get walked.. thats all i am saying..

you have a nice car with a good setup, i am not comparing my vf34 to yours but i know how my car handles against the others, In fact your setup vs my setup would obviously be much closer than either of ours vs a lambo..

That is the problem with this whole WRX vs the world. the majority of the threads are about car vs the other driver..

Hell i beat an Enzo yesterday, why because the driver didnt get on it, see my point, And from what your stating then, you beat the lambo because of the driver.. just as you would beat a yugo.. there is no differance. Now compare both cars.... there is your differance. All of these "street races" are for sh!t, most of the drivers are squids. But bring it to Road Alanta and lets see how that same race would be on a real circut track.

You have a good setup but just be realistic. think logically, how do you expect us to believe you are pulling on a Gallardo? and pulling on it means you are pulling away from it when you both started from and even stance and you were walking away.. ( both drivers being hard on it, and have the driving ability to handle them both.)

I just have reached my limit of hearing about these amazing races where someone beats a car that by all logic it can't be defined. So as i said you beat the driver of that car, you didnt beat the car.
    +1

Well said enash.
    N/A -- 11.9@119 1.911 60' w/street radials
    N2O -- 11.3@126 1.820 60' w/street radials
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    I love reading this stuff.
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
    +1

Well said enash.
    +2 I'm with enash on this one.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

nash, you couldnt have said it any better!!! hahahaha

enash99 maybe they should make a "WRX Numbers vs the World Numbers" for ya. But in the real world some people just suck at driving. Every single race in here is driver vs driver no matter how close the race or cars.

I agree pulling on a lambo does not mean the WRX is faster then a lambo. Switch drivers and the lambo wins. Does that mean the OP didn't beat a lambo? No he did.. He just beat a lambo with a crappy driver. Now if he came here saying "my WRX is faster then every lambo regardless of the driver" then you can rip into him.

Maybe in the future all cars will drive themselfs and we can truly see which cars are faster and enash99 will be happy. Until that day any and every race is nothing more then a drivers race.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

**** if your pulling lambos with 275whp. then i should try and race the space shuttle from a roll. sence when is a mid 12sec at best the king of the street? and i thought i was on a high horse.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

There is a 's' after all those cars he listed, so we assume he pulled on more than one lambo, modded Evo, STi...etc. How likely will he pull on more than one lambo with 275whp?
    Lancer Evolution V///

439 WHP / 362 TQ TTR 50 Trim on pump @ 23psi.
    11.6 @ 120mph 1.6 60' (11/11/06)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gsixty3
    There is a 's' after all those cars he listed, so we assume he pulled on more than one lambo, modded Evo, STi...etc. How likely will he pull on more than one lambo with 275whp?

Not likely at all..
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX
    it just amazes me over and over what my WRX is capable of on street encounters... i've pulled on turbo supra's, porsche gt3's, lamborghini gallardo's, modded EVO's, modded STi's, Mustangs, Camaro's, RX-7's... the list goes on and on.

anyone else amazed and pleasantly surprised or is it just me? me, i've never made ridiculous amounts of power... 275whp was the highest i've put down on the dyno, yet an STi with 300whp wont have a chance. what makes the WRX have such an edge? or am I alone here?
    I agree with enash...im puttin up the BS flag on your original post AND your defense.

it just amazes me over and over what my WRX is capable of on street encounters
    this statement implies that it is your CAR that is winning these races, not your driving skill or your extensive racing experience and aftermarket part connections.

what makes the WRX have such an edge?
    again---you are saying its your car. At no point do you say 'wow look how good of a driver I am' . Get off your high horse. Driving on a two lane road next to a Lambo and being in front of him is not indicative of pulling on him.

and implying that a person who can afford a Lambo can't be that good of a driver...probably the most ignorant and prejudice statement on this whole thread--- obviously they can't be as good of a driver as you if they are richer than you
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    **** if your pulling lambos with 275whp. then i should try and race the space shuttle from a roll. sence when is a mid 12sec at best the king of the street? and i thought i was on a high horse.
    What if that's on a low reading dyno? That could be a mid 12 second car up against a mid-low 12 second car with a semi-****ty driver. FWIW lotsofnos on this board ran a 12.1 on a 280 whp tune and I'm sure if he had more seat time it would have clocked a high 11 second pass. He was still getting used to the 6MT at that point.

I guess I can believe it. After all when you stop racing dyno sheets, magazine numbers, and internet times it's amazing what can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    ** lightly modded evo's :P
    pff, fanboi

- Local Riceist

then i should try and race the space shuttle from a roll...

I thought all neons could waste em from a roll
    - Local Riceist

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    What if that's on a low reading dyno? That could be a mid 12 second car up against a mid-low 12 second car with a semi-****ty driver. FWIW lotsofnos on this board ran a 12.1 on a 280 whp tune and I'm sure if he had more seat time it would have clocked a high 11 second pass. He was still getting used to the 6MT at that point.

I guess I can believe it. After all when you stop racing dyno sheets, magazine numbers, and internet times it's amazing what can happen.
    well its hard to pick out details on this cause no hard data was given just ive beaten all these cars. which is great but most likly you beat the driver of the car. which is still good. but even if the car was 330whp it still isnt hangin with lambos or lightly modded evos. i freakin saw one in modified mag (sorry for the reference) with the cai, exhaust, cams and a tune made 396whp and 400wtq at 28psi on the stock turbo thats crazy. but i am with your id rather know i drove my car faster then people with more hp then justcutting good times. basicly in the end take it to the track get a slip and prove ur car is fast.

oh and every neon can beat the shuttle we just let it win once in awhile to let if save face
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

man!!!!! I beat gallardos and everything else that looks like one with my 05 stage 2 wagon man!!!!!! I'm blue too! i even put 225/50/16's on my stock rims!!!! I'm fast!!!!!! Beat you too!!!!!MAN!!!!!!!!

Still hung up on whp numbers huh, if lotsofnos was at 330whp he'd have clicked off a mid 11 second pass which would be plenty enough to drag a galardo's ass for a quarter mile and still be pulling on it.

AFAIK if you beat the driver you still beat the car. Unless you're on clubwrx in which case you have to beat the best time of that car that someone can find on the internet. People suck at driving, did you beat the driver yep. Did you beat the car, yep. Will you beat it in every possible scenario, probably not. I know it's hard to believe that not all cars you're going to come across on the street will run the advertised track #'s seen in a magazine or on the internet, but it happens. I've seen new z06's cutting 13's, I've seen LS1 SS's cut 17's. . Hell I've seen my modified evo cut a 19

Evo's are easy to extract power out of, I didn't see the article in modified as I don't read it but I'm sure that it was tuned to its limits on race gas.

well its hard to pick out details on this cause no hard data was given just ive beaten all these cars. which is great but most likly you beat the driver of the car. which is still good. but even if the car was 330whp it still isnt hangin with lambos or lightly modded evos. i freakin saw one in modified mag (sorry for the reference) with the cai, exhaust, cams and a tune made 396whp and 400wtq at 28psi on the stock turbo thats crazy. but i am with your id rather know i drove my car faster then people with more hp then justcutting good times. basicly in the end take it to the track get a slip and prove ur car is fast.

oh and every neon can beat the shuttle we just let it win once in awhile to let if save face

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.