Cobb Stage 2 WRX vs. Honda Prelude Type SH
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Cobb Stage 2 WRX vs. Honda Prelude Type SH within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Wow...I'm impressed by my cars performance tonight....This is the first time I tested my car since I finished my Cobb ...

Cobb Stage 2 WRX vs. Honda Prelude Type SH

Wow...I'm impressed by my cars performance tonight....This is the first time I tested my car since I finished my Cobb Stage 2.

My best friend drives a Honda Prelude Type SH (The last year Honda made the Prelude, forgot the year sorry ). He has headers, cat-back exhaust, ya da ya da ya da.....

The first was from a 30 mph roll.....I started in 2nd gear.....I pulled from away from him by 3 1/2 car lengths by the time I reach mid 3rd gear.....Wow, I was in shock!!!! last time I raced him (before the accessport) we both remained even.....This time I spank him So we tryed again..this time from a 40 mph roll......I started off in 3rd gear this time......This time I pulled away not as fast as before, but still by the time I shifted into 4th gear, I had a 2 1/2 car length gain on him I'm very happy with the performance of my WRX... now I'm going to sleep to have dreams about me killing more Hondas
    Blobeye Syndicate #034
    2004 WRX WRB Sedan( Cobb Stage 2)
    List Of Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill. Yeah from what I hear stg2 really wakes the car up. I wouldn't know since I purchased mine used with stg2 already.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    Congrats on the first stage II kill!
    I can't wait till I order an AP...
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Damn, I would hope you'd walk him...Preludes are SLOW.

My friend had an SH with intake/exhaust and I raced him from a roll in my old Toyota Avalon. We were dead even til about 70 when he pulled a length on me.

A stage 2 rex should walk it!

Good kill.
    2003 SRT-4

you guys and your stupid stage 2's.............wtf

I want one really bad and im jealous

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    I will be stage II very soon. I'm excited.
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

off topic, but how do the WRX trannys hold up to Stage 2 mods?
    2003 SRT-4

Quote Originally Posted by StoplightWarrior
    never had a prob---but then again i dont launch my car often. With 18k stock tires I could chirp stage 2 in 2nd gear when I really got hard on it.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

it all depends on how the car is driven. There are guys with VF34's on stock trannys and they don't race much. No problems at all. There are guys with vf34's on stock trannys that race occasionally, but never really launch their cars. No problems at all.

I'm at stage 2 right now and I never launch my car, but do occasional 2nd-to-3rd gear pulls and haven't had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    Yeah from what I hear stg2 really wakes the car up.
    +1

Yea, the car performs double the stock form. As an example, I race my brother's SRT-4, stock for stock, a year ago... I thought I was in reverse when we got on from 1st. Now at stage 2, it didn't matter anymore, whether it be from stop or roll. I thought it was only going to make up the difference. I was quite surprised!

It sounded like you had fun from your run with your friend. That's the only thing that matters the most!
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

Quote Originally Posted by Me&05WRX
    +1

Yea, the car performs double the stock form. As an example, I race my brother's SRT-4, stock for stock, a year ago... I thought I was in reverse when we got on from 1st. Now at stage 2, it didn't matter anymore, whether it be from stop or roll. I thought it was only going to make up the difference. I was quite surprised!

It sounded like you had fun from your run with your friend. That's the only thing that matters the most!
    Where are you at in the Bay Area??
    2003 SRT-4

surprise

Where are you at in the Bay Area??
    Daly City
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    surprise
    lol, seriously.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Me&05WRX
    +1

Just wait for 2.5, I have a tuned Cobb stage 2.5 and its funny as hell when SRT-4's come up and think that they have an easy kill, and if they are stock it is ugly, I ran into a red one tonight and through first and second gear I put at least three cars on him, let off let him get some momentum going and then stepped on it when he got to my back door and he never got passed my front door. Cobb makes one hell of an EM, mucho props to them.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.