Cobb Stage 2 WRX vs. Honda Prelude Type SH - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Cobb Stage 2 WRX vs. Honda Prelude Type SH within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I envy you VF34 guys......

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    I envy you VF34 guys...
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by geefunk
    you guys and your stupid stage 2's.............wtf

I want one really bad and im jealous
    Then you would really like stage IV. Black and white differance between stage II.

once you go stage II you will begin to get some wierd looks, on the faces of the drives when they are getting passed by you.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex
    never had a prob---but then again i dont launch my car often. With 18k stock tires I could chirp stage 2 in 2nd gear when I really got hard on it.

Keep that up and see where it gets you.. The WRX tranny isnt built to chirp second gear. The 03+ tranny has a wider 1st and second gear to resolve alot of the issues experienced in the 02's. But with stage 2.5's if you rip it out of the whole alot.. you will break it.
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    once you go stage II you will begin to get some wierd looks, on the faces of the drives when they are getting passed by you.
    especially when ur in a wagon with a dog in the back
    NEWENGLAND F4
    Mod List

Quote Originally Posted by HoRnYTuRbO
    especially when ur in a wagon with a dog in the back

AWSOME!
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods

howd you win? the prelude has VTEKKK! haha jk, cobb II is pretty quick but the v34 is alot nicer all the way to redline.

My question is when you put the VF34 on the car, does it change the smoothness and the sound? Does it make the engine sounds rougher then it already is? What are the downsides of the turbo upgrade? Obviously I would want the power but I don't want to lose anything.
    2013 WRX SWP

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 05silverWRX
    My question is when you put the VF34 on the car, does it change the smoothness and the sound? Does it make the engine sounds rougher then it already is? What are the downsides of the turbo upgrade? Obviously I would want the power but I don't want to lose anything.
    The only downsides I have heard of so far are possible tranny problems if you beat on it, and some reduced gas mileage.
    Any VF34 owners care to chime in?
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

Registered User 3rdeyevisual209's Avatar
    im stage 2 right now! 06 wrx stage2 is a quik car. im about to put a 20g this saturday(cant wait)

Quote Originally Posted by mustangtx63
    I envy you VF34 guys...
    just need to get an sti

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    Nice kill. Yeah from what I hear stg2 really wakes the car up. I wouldn't know since I purchased mine used with stg2 already.

Yes its a different car completely, I got to go cobb stage 1 and then stage 2 then vf 34. intresting to feel the differences between them.
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods

Quote Originally Posted by 05silverWRX

Well here was my experience, When i went to the vf 34 i noticed soon as i drove it for the first time how much deeper my exhaust sound was, This is due to the larger Hot side on the 34. I can't say that the smoothness is gone. It is very smooth all the way through the revs. Basically take your TD04 and add about 10 times the feeling, Boost comes on about 3300 rpm and just pulls harder than the TD04 to redline.

Downsides? that doesnt exist. There is no downside unless you think givin high end cars including N/A 911's a bad day when they get beat by u a downside. Then yes that would be the only one i can think of. I drive mine 78 miles a day round trip to work and have never had a problem. I absoutly luv the driveability. It is a mild turbo upgrade and it keeps it smooth, any bigger of a turbo you will begin to get a large power/torque curve that comes on later in the revs and will start to have that peaky power that only pulls up top. As for gas mileage i get about 250 to the tank at best. If i get more than 225 miles to the tank then i am not driving hard enough. lol My tranny has 12k of vf-34 milage and not a problem. I run the uncle scotty's cocktail so that is a hudge help. My friend ( BlackeyeII on this board) had 30k of vf 34 on his tranny, even drove it from Cali to FL a couple times.. Our tranny is not very strong, IF you have a Td04 or a vf-34 you can break it if you are hard on it. I slip second gear and sometimes third gear. When i say slip, if you look at my throttle position in my data logs i use 10-13% of throttle to slip it in to gear. With that being said I think its far easier to break the rear diff than the tranny, I did break one of those in my 02 bugeye that had a Td04 and ra gears.

Pleanty of other vf-34 guys here to chim in and give their opninions for you also. But i would say +100 to the upgrade. Go for it you will never be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by ScstealthVR6
    just need to get an sti
    STi is a better option all the way around, just a beefier car period, but the 34 is a great inexpensive upgrade that makes the wrx as fast as a protuned stage 2 catless STi.
    Last edited by enash99; 09-20-2006 at 03:02 AM.
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods

when is stage 2.5 coming out ?

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911
    when is stage 2.5 coming out ?

Cobb released the maps for stage 2.5 with vf34 and 39 in 2002 i think.

cobbtuning.com
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods

Preludes are not quick.... you pretty muched just wasted gas.
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12