vf39 WRX vs S/C C5 Vette
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on vf39 WRX vs S/C C5 Vette within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok so after work I see my friend getting into his C5 vette. The last I heard about his car ...

vf39 WRX vs S/C C5 Vette

Ok so after work I see my friend getting into his C5 vette. The last I heard about his car was he raced another work buddy with his STi and walked the STi in 3rd but not by much. I didn't know his mods when he raced the STi but I can tell you it wasn't what he run tonight. I tell him I want to run him since I normally walk STi's in 3rd gear. I figured it would be a good race.

We head out to a two lane road with few cars that drive it. We get into 1st and I'm rolling at about 5k rpm Not sure of the speed but you will soon see it wouldn't matter anyways. So we both punch it and then I found out he put in a S/C. As soon as I heard the sound I knew it was over and over fast. I was however shocked at how well my car did considering. I mean it was a major azz whopping not doubt but not as bad as I thought it would be. I'll find out tomorrow just what mods he has done to it.

Anyways what I thought was going to be a close race ended up getting my butt handed to me by a black and white checkers flag posted on the back of a C5..

I want revenge.. I can't wait for ths snow.. He's all mine.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good death.

There is certainly no shame in losing to a blown corvette.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+1 on "No shame" part.

I wonder how a GT30r WRX will do with a s/c Vette?!
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

I have no shame for that race. I was just really shocked cause he had talked about either a turbo or S/C and this was just like 2 weeks ago. I figured he would get one but not that fast. I should have known something was up when he had this grin on his face like he knew something I didn't..
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Ok I feel a little dumb for thinking he had a S/C but he is running a custom TT setup. I never heard any BOV or the EWG and the turbos whinned like a S/C. God they were loud.

I'm still getting more facts on the car but man was it quick.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    Ok....

If he can afford the C5, he can afford a winter vehicle.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by Micah
    If he can afford the C5, he can afford a winter vehicle.
    Yeah the problem is his winter car is an Ford Explorer.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Yeah the problem is his winter car is an Ford Explorer.
    F.O.R.D. Exploder huh

yeah, no problem
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Damn...My car is NA and it pulls like a mofo at speed...I imagine a blown c5 (friend has one, too, but I've never been in it) would feel like my 03 Cobra did (501rwhp) and let me tell you, that was INSANE.

so, in summation: Good death.
    2003 SRT-4

Ok here are the specs on the car.. On paper i still think my vf39 should have won..

Garret T3/T4 Turbos
    Dual TiAL 38mm Wategates
    .6 Bar Wastegate Springs (I see about 7.5-8.0 PSI on the gauge) (No boost controllers - just the springs in the wastegates)
    Large FMIC with 50mm TiAL BOV
    Comp Cams 918 Valve Springs (engine is completely stock except for these valve springs)
    NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
    MSD Spark Plug Wires
    Upgraded Racetronix Fuel Pump and Wiring Harness
    60# Mototron Fuel Injectors
    Oil Catch Can System and Modified PVC System
    And I also have a Meth/Alky Injection kit on there just for safety.

Car makes 482 RWHP / 470 RWTQ.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Ok here are the specs on the car.. On paper i still think my vf39 should have won..

Garret T3/T4 Turbos
    Dual TiAL 38mm Wategates
    .6 Bar Wastegate Springs (I see about 7.5-8.0 PSI on the gauge) (No boost controllers - just the springs in the wastegates)
    Large FMIC with 50mm TiAL BOV
    Comp Cams 918 Valve Springs (engine is completely stock except for these valve springs)
    NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
    MSD Spark Plug Wires
    Upgraded Racetronix Fuel Pump and Wiring Harness
    60# Mototron Fuel Injectors
    Oil Catch Can System and Modified PVC System
    And I also have a Meth/Alky Injection kit on there just for safety.

Car makes 482 RWHP / 470 RWTQ.

LOL, blown c5s (with other basic, supporting mods) are making 600+ rwhp. My friend's procharged c5 ran a 10.7@133 (never been in it, though...maybe that's a good thing...)
    2003 SRT-4

Quote Originally Posted by StoplightWarrior
    LOL, blown c5s (with other basic, supporting mods) are making 600+ rwhp. My friend's procharged c5 ran a 10.7@133 (never been in it, though...maybe that's a good thing...)
    600rwhp on 93oct?

I doubt it will matter, around here their are very few cars that could hang with his. Not too many people mod their cars around here. Hell I haven't even lost a race since my turbo upgrade till my friends vette. I'm only running a vf39 untuned. So you can imagin 482rwhp is enough. Hehe he's putting down around 220whp more then I do.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

482 seems extremely low for a TT Vette. He should be around 700 unless he is just worried about his block or something.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    482 seems extremely low for a TT Vette. He should be around 700 unless he is just worried about his block or something.
    I don't see any mention of Tuning/Engine Management in his mod list.

Ok so after work I see my friend getting into his C5 vette. The last I heard about his car was he raced another work buddy with his STi and walked the STi in 3rd but not by much. I didn't know his mods when he raced the STi but I can tell you it wasn't what he run tonight. I tell him I want to run him since I normally walk STi's in 3rd gear. I figured it would be a good race.

We head out to a two lane road with few cars that drive it. We get into 1st and I'm rolling at about 5k rpm Not sure of the speed but you will soon see it wouldn't matter anyways. So we both punch it and then I found out he put in a S/C. As soon as I heard the sound I knew it was over and over fast. I was however shocked at how well my car did considering. I mean it was a major azz whopping not doubt but not as bad as I thought it would be. I'll find out tomorrow just what mods he has done to it.

Anyways what I thought was going to be a close race ended up getting my butt handed to me by a black and white checkers flag posted on the back of a C5..

You want revenge? Here, build something like this, and you should be able to run him down with very few mods to the engine he has in it...and even get as much HP as he has in his big V8. And for the icing on the cake, you could probably build a car like that for less than 20K total invested. Take a note at the fact that the engine itself is stock and his 1/4 mile time.
    http://www.zcar.com/month/2002/05/
    I'm building my 73 Z to kill Vettes and SVT Cobras.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast