vf39 WRX vs S/C C5 Vette - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on vf39 WRX vs S/C C5 Vette within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Juice33 482 seems extremely low for a TT Vette. He should be around 700 unless he is ...

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    482 seems extremely low for a TT Vette. He should be around 700 unless he is just worried about his block or something.
    I thought the 482 was what his WRX was making?

Unless the c5 has twin turbos...
    2003 SRT-4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    Ok here are the specs on the car.. On paper i still think my vf39 should have won..

Garret T3/T4 Turbos
    Dual TiAL 38mm Wategates
    .6 Bar Wastegate Springs (I see about 7.5-8.0 PSI on the gauge) (No boost controllers - just the springs in the wastegates)
    Large FMIC with 50mm TiAL BOV
    Comp Cams 918 Valve Springs (engine is completely stock except for these valve springs)
    NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
    MSD Spark Plug Wires
    Upgraded Racetronix Fuel Pump and Wiring Harness
    60# Mototron Fuel Injectors
    Oil Catch Can System and Modified PVC System
    And I also have a Meth/Alky Injection kit on there just for safety.

Car makes 482 RWHP / 470 RWTQ.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoplightWarrior
    I thought the 482 was what his WRX was making?

Unless the c5 has twin turbos...
    He is talking about the vette's mods I think, he says he has a VF39, then lists Garrett T3/T4s (plural) it has to be the vette, right? But yeah, he said the Vette was TT.

Quote Originally Posted by Micah
    I don't see any mention of Tuning/Engine Management in his mod list.
    Whenever someone lists another person's mod list, I never beleive it to be complete. I don't think it is possible to run that car without some tuning, especially since the car comes N/A from the factory with high compression. I am sure he is tuned, he is just afraid that since the rest of his motor besides the valve springs is stock, it will go pop if he pushes it anymore.
    Last edited by Juice33; 08-03-2006 at 06:55 AM.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Yes he is dyno tuned.

Sorry for the mix up but yeah the mods listed are for the TT Vette. I'm running a vf39 (mods in my sig) untuned. I wish I was putting down 482whp.

As for the Z project. On my way home I pass by a 280zx for sale (always loved those cars since the movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High.. MmMmm Phoebe Cates) but I think I'f I'm going to start a ground up project like that I might look for an old Conquest TSi project car and build it up. But I love the Z idea.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    Yes he is dyno tuned.

Sorry for the mix up but yeah the mods listed are for the TT Vette. I'm running a vf39 (mods in my sig) untuned. I wish I was putting down 482whp.

As for the Z project. On my way home I pass by a 280zx for sale (always loved those cars since the movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High.. MmMmm Phoebe Cates) but I think I'f I'm going to start a ground up project like that I might look for an old Conquest TSi project car and build it up. But I love the Z idea.
    Conquests are cool ass cars but I still believe you would have a better platform (I'm sure a lot of peeps would agree) with the Z. Pull a turbo engine (L28ET) out of an 81-83 280zx turbo and drop it into a 1stgen (70-73). The engines are physically identical from 70-83 and are a direct bolt in affair (short of retrowiring for fuel injection because 70-74 had carbs) and the 1st gen Zs only weigh about 2450 lbs. And the bottom end of an L28ET can hold over 400hp...and have gobs of low end torque...much more so than the 2.6l 4 cylinder in the Conquest. There is another member of the Zcar website that has a carbed 3.l L stroker L engine putting down only 278rwhp and he is running 12s in the 1/4 mile. It doesn't take much power to make these cars very fast...and they have a 50/50 weight distribution which gives them world class handling. Paul Newman used to race Z cars. He was an avid fan of them.
    The L-series engines have been known to go well over 200,000 miles. Their reliability and robustness can be compared to Toyota's 22R.
    Or you could do the RB swap like dude did in the link I posted...and we all know what THOSE are capable of.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.