04 STi vs 99 Cobra
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04 STi vs 99 Cobra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, I guess I'll start off saying that I'm kinda sad that I didn't see a kill story in here ...

Registered User Cobra Commander's Avatar

04 STi vs 99 Cobra

Well, I guess I'll start off saying that I'm kinda sad that I didn't see a kill story in here about my car. I am posting this just to see if this guy is on ClubWRX.

A super clean blue STi rolled up to me on the interstate the other day, and I was trying to keep it cool due to the fact that I blew out my 4.56 gears and had to put in a set of 3.08s out of a Thunderbird to get me by. Once I seen his windows roll down, I knew that he turned off his AC and was ready to rock. Poor me was only able to put it in 3rd gear @70mph due to the damn gears, and he took off. I waited for my POS to build rpms as he bangs through 2 gears. By the time I hit 130mph I only had a car or so on him. Now the funny part of the story is that while he went through like 37 gears, I was in 3rd from 70mph to 130mph.(My car sucks!) He was most likey wondering if I had a Powerglide in my car...

If you have a blue STi with exhaust from Nebraska, thanks for the run.
    Last edited by Cobra Commander; 08-01-2006 at 02:16 PM.
    99 SVT Cobra

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Meh, this is a sad story. The STI probably started in third or something
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Commander
    Now the funny part of the story is that while he went through like 37 gears...
    Was it Paul Walker?!

Why are you a cobra driver with an "LS1 Inside" avatar? Last I heard, LS1's only came in GM vehicles...
    Blobeye Syndicate #035
    Cobb Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by jaqattack02
    Why are you a cobra driver with an "LS1 Inside" avatar? Last I heard, LS1's only came in GM vehicles...
    +1?

Quote Originally Posted by Z Boy
    +1?

No.. Really????

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_n_efx
    Was it Paul Walker?!
    Lol, it very well could have been. This guy wasn't double clutching either.
    99 SVT Cobra

No.. Really????
    Wow... great job answering the question...
    Blobeye Syndicate #035
    Cobb Stage 2

Maybe deep down he wants a fast car so he used an LS1 avatar.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

There is no need to prove my point. Don't worry, I too can make fun of our cars here, except I have proof, unlike you:
    http://www.1320video.com/vids/5.06Lincoln.wmv (Very end of vid has 04 STi)
    http://www.icefireracing.com/videos/cobravscobra.wmv

I come on here expecting to have a general discussion abou this car, because by the looks of his car etc etc, I am sure he is on this forum. Of course threads are always filled by "that guy" that ruins everything...
    99 SVT Cobra

I have something to add, i raced a 97is cobra, could have been a 99 for all i know, he had at least exhaust, i have a cobb stage II wrx. I raced him at the track and i beat his 14.5@103mph with my 14.3@100mph. And don't go ahead saying he got a terrible run, because i did also.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

There is no need to prove my point. Don't worry, I too can make fun of our cars here, except I have proof, unlike you:
    http://www.1320video.com/vids/5.06Lincoln.wmv (Very end of vid has 04 STi)
    http://www.icefireracing.com/videos/cobravscobra.wmv

I come on here expecting to have a general discussion abou this car, because by the looks of his car etc etc, I am sure he is on this forum. Of course threads are always filled by "that guy" that ruins everything...

Did that make any sense to anyone else?
    Blobeye Syndicate #035
    Cobb Stage 2

Let me spell it out to you: "that guy" is YOU.

If you dont' have anything to say besides making fun of every car on this board that isn't a damn WRX, then don't post. k thx
    99 SVT Cobra

Let me spell it out to you: "that guy" is YOU.

If you dont' have anything to say besides making fun of every car on this board that isn't a damn WRX, then don't post. k thx
    I haven't seen anyone make fun of your car.. He simply asked why do you have an LS1 avatar if you drive a FORD COBRA. You list two cars in your sig and nether are a GM or have an LS1 swap. You dodged the question for whatever reason and he called you on it.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Sorry, the " " smiley got me thinking that it was just gonna be another bash on a Cobra.

Why? Because LS1s pop up like flys around this area. I don't think you can drive across town without seeing at least 3 black WS6's. I'm pretty sure I've had LS1 in my avatar, sig, profile, underwear...
    99 SVT Cobra

Sorry, the " " smiley got me thinking that it was just gonna be another bash on a Cobra.

Why? Because LS1s pop up like flys around this area. I don't think you can drive across town without seeing at least 3 black WS6's. I'm pretty sure I've had LS1 in my avatar, sig, profile, underwear...
    I can understand that.. Sadly WRX/STi are a dime a dozen in my area. I've been thinking of picking up an 03/04 Cobra since I have only seen one in the area. I like to be different. Plus after getting smoked by that S/C Vette it's making me really think about it..
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.