04 STi vs 99 Cobra - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04 STi vs 99 Cobra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Cobra Commander So what makes a 03-04 Cobra better then a 99/01? What makes a Saleen or ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Commander
    So what makes a 03-04 Cobra better then a 99/01? What makes a Saleen or Roush better? Both of those cars are not NEAR as mod happy as a 4 cam motor. As far as a 03-04, they are only impressive if you are willing to pay for it. I have Under $900 dollars in mods (not including tires), and I have no problems outrunning a 03-04 through the quarter. You just "hear" that these 3 cars you speak of are fast, so everyone assumes that any other Cobra couldn't possibly outperform one. Feel free to see what I have been able to do with a N/A Cobra, so maybe you won't think I'm just another dumbass Mustang owner:

99 Cobra vs SRT 8 Charger (lightly modded): *each run was ran up to 130mph
    http://www.icefireracing.com/videos/srtcobra.wmv

Cobra vs modded C5 (360rwhp)
    http://www.icefireracing.com/videos/cobravette.wmv

99 Cobra vs 99 Cobra (ran high 12s with 275 DRs and now has 315s), 06 STi (ran 13.2 before mods)
    http://www.icefireracing.com/videos/cobravscobra.wmv

Cobra vs TT RX7, SS Camaro, 96 Cobra, 04 Sti etc. Some car info listed below
    http://www.1320video.com/vids/5.06Lincoln.wmv
    94 TT RX7: 4.70 gears, exhaust, piping, etc
    96 Cobra: 4.30s, full exhaust, and a 100 shot (not used on me)
    06 and 04 Sti: Both had exhaust and a few other bolt ons
    00 SS Camaro: longtubes, catless Y, SLP exhaust, LS1 edit tune, Lid
    01 Camaro: cam, exhaust, bolt ons, 365rwhp

Cobra vs random crap. Info on cars in video listed below.
    http://www.icefireracing.com/videos/5.19.2006v2.wmv
    My Cobra: 4.56s, 315 DRs, subframe connectors, catless X pipe, Bassani exhaust
    Yellow Civic: 419rwhp, DRs
    Buick T Type: mods unknown, best time of 11.80
    Black SRT 4: Claims 305fwhp, but somehow I still beat him with more weight and 1 less hp... haha
    Black GSX: A crapload of nitrous and boost, ran a mid 12 before he was spraying off the line. He did on last run.
    Red Civic: Turbo'd, unknown hp.
    Red Fox Body: 347 stroker, DRs
    Red C10 Chevy: Blown (as you can see) slicks, 450+rwhp, 600tq. The damn street light would NOT change during that run.

You can make any car fast, im talking stock out of the box. And how is it you only have 300rwhp and your beating these cars?
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Cobra Commander's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    nice rims dude! FR500s are sick. Are they real or replicas? I think I am going to get a set for my L if I keep the fat pig.
    Thanks. I really like the wheels, and I bought the replicas. I bought then from like mustangtuning.com or something like that. They run $129 for the fronts (9 wide) and $154 for the rear (10.5 wide). I've never seen them on a L though.

99 SVT Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Commander
    Thanks. I really like the wheels, and I bought the replicas. I bought then from like mustangtuning.com or something like that. They run $129 for the fronts (9 wide) and $154 for the rear (10.5 wide). I've never seen them on a L though.

I have seen it once, and they had to do a few things and get spacers in order for it to work. But they looked gorgeous on the truck. I was going to do the same setup you have on my 03 Cobra, I just love those rims, I was planning on getting them from mustantuning.com too.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    You can make any car fast, im talking stock out of the box. And how is it you only have 300rwhp and your beating these cars?
    My car is pretty much out of the box. All I have (or had) is gears and exhaust. It takes a lot more the hp to go fast. That is why a lot of Cobras don't run good. All it takes is traction. I welded in some subframe connectors to do away with wheelhop, and bought some tires, and that is all I need to run with cars making over 350rwhp. After blowing out my gears though, I am unable to run anything like a was before. Here is a vid of me racing CAVADINIWRX (12 sec blue WRX on this board) and he pulls a good 2 cars on me through the 1/4. You can hear me riding my clutch just to keep the car from falling on its face due to the 3.08 gears as he totally walks my ass.
    http://www.1320video.com/vids/SR6.9.wmv
    The right gearing is everything. The close ratio in your trannys does a lot for you guys off the line to keep in boost and to also stay in your powerband through the first few gears.
    Last edited by Cobra Commander; 08-02-2006 at 02:08 PM.
    99 SVT Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    I have seen it once, and they had to do a few things and get spacers in order for it to work. But they looked gorgeous on the truck. I was going to do the same setup you have on my 03 Cobra, I just love those rims, I was planning on getting them from mustantuning.com too.
    Ya, the Cobra's do need spacers to clear the IRS bolts. With Nitto DRs it isn't too much of a problem but the BFGs run WAY too fat, so I had to get longer studs, bigger spacers, and rounded IRS bolts. It is really worth it though, because traction is amazing with that setup. I never got to the track to see what my 60' times were, because I blew the gears out a month later racing that Vette in the video and my car has been in limp mode ever since. The car launched hard enough that it flexed the pumpkin and pushed the gears out the back of the diff! Time for a diff brace I guess.
    99 SVT Cobra

That 06 STI totally bogged on it's launch in that video...should've made a difference for the first 80mph, but after that, not much. Do you know if he has any engine management with his setup?
    Jamie
    John 3:3
    XTi

Brook, you need not listen to the nay sayers the 32v is the sexorz.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by vortmax
    That 06 STI totally bogged on it's launch in that video...should've made a difference for the first 80mph, but after that, not much. Do you know if he has any engine management with his setup?
    I have no idea what he is running. Since then he has done a lot more, so who knows. He got a "decent" launch in the daylight vid, but in the 1320 vid he had 2 people in his car, so that one wasn't exactly fair.

Quote Originally Posted by rex=my_life
    Brook, you need not listen to the nay sayers the 32v is the sexorz.
    ROFL, true story.
    99 SVT Cobra

You guys need to chill...

Honestly I didnt see anything wrong with cobras posts....

Anyways... both your cars are slow... j/k
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Quote Originally Posted by ilivas
    Compared to your setup they are!!!
    Jamie
    John 3:3
    XTi

Quote Originally Posted by ilivas

Its true.
    99 SVT Cobra

Cobra Commander you are my hero.

Great vids by the way. Great runs too.

As a matter of fact your first video was so good that my wife watched it in its entirety with me. followed with the words "awesome" by both of us.

I love it when newbies prove a point to the know it alls on here. Good stuff.
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    Cobra Commander you are my hero.

Great vids by the way. Great runs too.

As a matter of fact your first video was so good that my wife watched it in its entirety with me. followed with the words "awesome" by both of us.

I love it when newbies prove a point to the know it alls on here. Good stuff.
    Holy ****, thanks man! Thatís funny about the wife!
    99 SVT Cobra

C J
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Commander View Post
    So what makes a 03-04 Cobra better then a 99/01? What makes a Saleen or Roush better? Both of those cars are not NEAR as mod happy as a 4 cam motor. As far as a 03-04, they are only impressive if you are willing to pay for it. I have Under $900 dollars in mods (not including tires), and I have no problems outrunning a 03-04 through the quarter. You just "hear" that these 3 cars you speak of are fast, so everyone assumes that any other Cobra couldn't possibly outperform one. Feel free to see what I have been able to do with a N/A Cobra, so maybe you won't think I'm just another dumbass Mustang owner:

Cobra vs TT RX7, SS Camaro, 96 Cobra, 04 Sti etc. Some car info listed below
    http://www.1320video.com/vids/5.06Lincoln.wmv
    94 TT RX7: 4.70 gears, exhaust, piping, etc
    96 Cobra: 4.30s, full exhaust, and a 100 shot (not used on me)
    06 and 04 Sti: Both had exhaust and a few other bolt ons
    00 SS Camaro: longtubes, catless Y, SLP exhaust, LS1 edit tune, Lid
    01 Camaro: cam, exhaust, bolt ons, 365rwhp
    Brook you SOB I would love for you to say you beat me from a equal race when you take your drag radials vs my ****ty tires out of the equation and we ran from a roll.....I remember watching you falling back in my mirror 3-4 cars.
    Last edited by C J; 12-21-2006 at 04:01 PM.

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    Why did you feel the need to bump a topic back from august???

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast