04 STi vs 99 Cobra - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04 STi vs 99 Cobra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ellinopedo182 i ran a nicely modded cobra (pre 03 but same body) with my R32 and we ...

Registered User Cobra Commander's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    i ran a nicely modded cobra (pre 03 but same body) with my R32 and we stuck even from 40-110mph, on a couple of occasions. I also ran a 99 cobra with some minor modifications, exhaust and a viper tranny (?) and if i raced the car from under 20-30mph i would put about 2-3 cars on him and stay that way. If we raced from 30-40mph i would get about half a car on him and he would gain that half car and stay even till about 110mph. They are quick, but i dont consider my R32 fast. Its good for mid 13's @ 101-103mph.
    I can believe it. Some only trap 102 and some trap a lot more. Stock I trapped 105mph. Also they are really hard to keep from getting wheel hop with stock tires. Most 99/01 Cobras are mid to lower 13 sec cars, so if you are trapping around 103mph or so you shouldn’t have a problem taking one if you don't bog off the line.
    99 SVT Cobra

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BillFromTR

Ya, no sh*t.
    99 SVT Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Commander
    Here, let me remind you of what I said:

Ya, I tell you what. You are exaclty right. I made excuses left and right. Geared or not, I can walk a STi and unlike you, I have plenty of proof. So take your 14 sec turd and your mouth out of here. You are the one that made this thread the way it is. I am simply defending myself.

FYI all of the WRX guys around my area are real close with each other. Its a small town. I'm sure the guy wouldn't mind getting to know other people like him. That was the point of this thread. If I wanted to post all the kills about me beating STi's, I would have already posted all of my videos in another thread.
    Umm yes you made an excuse that you had crap gears in your car, and that you only beat the STI by 1 car length implying that if you had your regular gears in the car instead of your thunderbird gears you would have beat the STI by alot more, then you go ahead saying you were expecting a story about an STI killing a cobra in here when in fact you said in the first post you beat the STI. I don't care about your videos of you beating STI's i beat a cobra at the track 3 weeks ago, whats your point? Most stock cobras don't even run in the 13s and don't trap much above 100mph, unless its the supercharged model. You are just a troll, you come in here, talk **** change your avatar 4 times, and now your using my car as an avatar, nobody really wants you here, you don't bring any useful information and you don't respect our cars.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    Umm yes you made an excuse that you had crap gears in your car, and that you only beat the STI by 1 car length implying that if you had your regular gears in the car instead of your thunderbird gears you would have beat the STI by alot more, then you go ahead saying you were expecting a story about an STI killing a cobra in here when in fact you said in the first post you beat the STI. I don't care about your videos of you beating STI's i beat a cobra at the track 3 weeks ago, whats your point? Most stock cobras don't even run in the 13s and don't trap much above 100mph, unless its the supercharged model. You are just a troll, you come in here, talk **** change your avatar 4 times, and now your using my car as an avatar, nobody really wants you here, you don't bring any useful information and you don't respect our cars.
    WOW DUDE!

Calm down, he beat an STi while having crappy gearing (which they are crappy gears). Get over it and move on.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    WOW DUDE!

Calm down, he beat an STi while having crappy gearing (which they are crappy gears). Get over it and move on.
    I would get over it if this asshat didn't change his avatar and profile to a wrecked wrx, then changed it again to my wrx and wrote something obnoxious over it. If you dont think he is a troll look at his profile, he has a picture of my car and underneath it says 04 wrx yet my car is an 05 wrx. We have no use for him here he should be banned. He is a troll.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Oh plz believe I respect the cars, I just don't respect punk kids that are just looking to pick a fight with anyone that doesn't have a WRX.

I EXPECTED to read about my car in here, after how hard he tried racing me for almost 4 miles. Who knows, he very well could of had the same mind set as you, and figured that he could just take Mustangs down left and right (like you do at the track... with no proof), but I'm guessing not since he isn't in here picking fights.
    And guess what, most STis don't run low 13s either, so what exactly is your point about N/A Cobras being slow? You made fun of my 304rwhp exhaust only Cobra, well last I checked I wasn't running 14s with "only" 304rwhp and traction.
    99 SVT Cobra

Oh plz believe I respect the cars, I just don't respect punk kids that are just looking to pick a fight with anyone that doesn't have a WRX.

I EXPECTED to read about my car in here, after how hard he tried racing me for almost 4 miles. Who knows, he very well could of had the same mind set as you, and figured that he could just take Mustangs down left and right (like you do at the track... with no proof), but I'm guessing not since he isn't in here picking fights.
    And guess what, most STis don't run low 13s either, so what exactly is your point about N/A Cobras being slow? You made fun of my 304rwhp exhaust only Cobra, well last I checked I wasn't running 14s with "only" 304rwhp and traction.
    Lets do this one more time. I said nothing to you until you changed your profile to a wrecked wrx and as your signiture mocked the wrx by saying it had a blown trans. You started the flaming on the wrx before i said a word to you. I never said an sti ran consistant low 13s did i? I don't care if i have proof or not the cobra ran a 14.5
    @103mph and it was not stock had at the very least an exhaust. I also never said my wrx was fast did i? This is a subaru forum, you come in here and change your avatar to a busted up subaru make a comment underneath about it when you don't even own that car and expect people to not say anything? You also changed your avatar to my car, and wrote some stupid comment across it, so who is immature? You started the fight by doing that. Your the immature one here. I am not a punk kid probably have a much greater education then you and i don't go on other car forums talking about beating other peoples cars. Go on your mustang forums go brag to them that you beat an sti even while staying in 3rd gear from 70-130mph, nobody here cares. I have been a member of this board for over 4 years and never had a problem with anyone. I respect all types of cars, my first car was a 88 turbo t-bird, i don't even think the wrx is that amazing of a car, maybe in 02 it was a great car, but now alot of cars in its class are right with it or have surpassed it.
    Last edited by elohdaeh78; 08-02-2006 at 12:46 PM.

Lets do this one more time. I said nothing to you until you changed your profile to a wrecked wrx and as your signiture mocked the wrx by saying it had a blown trans. You started the flaming on the wrx before i said a word to you. I never said an sti ran consistant low 13s did i? I don't care if i have proof or not the cobra ran a 14.5
    @103mph and it was not stock had at the very least an exhaust. I also never said my wrx was fast did i? This is a subaru forum, you come in here and change your avatar to a busted up subaru make a comment underneath about it when you don't even own that car and expect people to not say anything? You also changed your avatar to my car, and wrote some stupid comment across it, so who is immature? You started the fight by doing that. Your the immature one here.
    I'm just playing your game. I changed my avatar to a busted WRX because you guys didn't understand why I had "LS1" in the first place. I wouldn't be making fun of your car if you wern't whoring out my thread for stupid reasons. I will keep being a smart ass twards you as long as you keep making stupid posts about how I think my car is bad ass, and how I had a wrecked WRX as my avatar. Trust me, this just makes the day go by. Unlike you, I can get up and walk away from my computer without being butthurt...
    99 SVT Cobra

I'm just playing your game. I changed my avatar to a busted WRX because you guys didn't understand why I had "LS1" in the first place. I wouldn't be making fun of your car if you wern't whoring out my thread for stupid reasons. I will keep being a smart ass twards you as long as you keep making stupid posts about how I think my car is bad ass, and how I had a wrecked WRX as my avatar. Trust me, this just makes the day go by. Unlike you, I can get up and walk away from my computer without being butthurt...
    The only reason your thread has not fallen into obscurity is because i am keeping it alive, you can thank me for your entertainment for the day otherwise you probably wouldn't have gotten more then a few responses because nobody cares about your post here.

The only reason your thread has not fallen into obscurity is because i am keeping it alive, you can thank me for your entertainment for the day otherwise you probably wouldn't have gotten more then a few responses because nobody cares about your post here.
    Why are you keeping it alive then? If it is so gay, then why would you even post? And beileve me, I have been fully entertained while mocking you this whole time.
    99 SVT Cobra

Why are you keeping it alive then? If it is so gay, then why would you even post? And beileve me, I have been fully entertained while mocking you this whole time.
    Because i am bored at work and i realize you will respond to my posts within 5 minutes so i have something to read every few minutes while i sit here at work. Your mocking doesn't bother me at all, i could careless if you like wrx's or not, like i said before i am not even overly impressed with my car, but i still would take it over a mustang anyday, unless it was a supercharged stang or a saleen or rousch etc etc.

Now for the M night Shamylan (sp?) twist!!!! elohdaeh78 was the blue STi... Dun dun duuuuuuun.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX88
    Now for the M night Shamylan (sp?) twist!!!! elohdaeh78 was the blue STi... Dun dun duuuuuuun.
    hahah

i wish i had an sti.

but i still would take it over a mustang anyday, unless it was a supercharged stang or a saleen or rousch etc etc.
    So what makes a 03-04 Cobra better then a 99/01? What makes a Saleen or Roush better? Both of those cars are not NEAR as mod happy as a 4 cam motor. As far as a 03-04, they are only impressive if you are willing to pay for it. I have Under $900 dollars in mods (not including tires), and I have no problems outrunning a 03-04 through the quarter. You just "hear" that these 3 cars you speak of are fast, so everyone assumes that any other Cobra couldn't possibly outperform one. Feel free to see what I have been able to do with a N/A Cobra, so maybe you won't think I'm just another dumbass Mustang owner:

99 Cobra vs SRT 8 Charger (lightly modded): *each run was ran up to 130mph
    http://www.icefireracing.com/videos/srtcobra.wmv

Cobra vs modded C5 (360rwhp)
    http://www.icefireracing.com/videos/cobravette.wmv

99 Cobra vs 99 Cobra (ran high 12s with 275 DRs and now has 315s), 06 STi (ran 13.2 before mods)
    http://www.icefireracing.com/videos/cobravscobra.wmv

Cobra vs TT RX7, SS Camaro, 96 Cobra, 04 Sti etc. Some car info listed below
    http://www.1320video.com/vids/5.06Lincoln.wmv
    94 TT RX7: 4.70 gears, exhaust, piping, etc
    96 Cobra: 4.30s, full exhaust, and a 100 shot (not used on me)
    06 and 04 Sti: Both had exhaust and a few other bolt ons
    00 SS Camaro: longtubes, catless Y, SLP exhaust, LS1 edit tune, Lid
    01 Camaro: cam, exhaust, bolt ons, 365rwhp

Cobra vs random crap. Info on cars in video listed below.
    http://www.icefireracing.com/videos/5.19.2006v2.wmv
    My Cobra: 4.56s, 315 DRs, subframe connectors, catless X pipe, Bassani exhaust
    Yellow Civic: 419rwhp, DRs
    Buick T Type: mods unknown, best time of 11.80
    Black SRT 4: Claims 305fwhp, but somehow I still beat him with more weight and 1 less hp... haha
    Black GSX: A crapload of nitrous and boost, ran a mid 12 before he was spraying off the line. He did on last run.
    Red Civic: Turbo'd, unknown hp.
    Red Fox Body: 347 stroker, DRs
    Red C10 Chevy: Blown (as you can see) slicks, 450+rwhp, 600tq. The damn street light would NOT change during that run.
    99 SVT Cobra

nice rims dude! FR500s are sick. Are they real or replicas? I think I am going to get a set for my L if I keep the fat pig.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast