my wrx vs altima 3.5 vs sl55 amg

This is a discussion on my wrx vs altima 3.5 vs sl55 amg within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was out riding around town the other night in Wilmington. We got to Oleander Dr, which has four lanes ...

my wrx vs altima 3.5 vs sl55 amg

I was out riding around town the other night in Wilmington. We got to Oleander Dr, which has four lanes running each way and a load of stoplights. To get to the point, I was playing around with the Altima just kicking it around 30mph and I pulled on him every time.

We pulled up to a light and there sat a silver SL55 AMG. Light turned green and we all went, I think. I pulled hard on the Altima and left him behind me. That wasn't what I was suprised about. The SL only had a car length on me. I don't know if he wasn't full throttle or what but I was hanging with him.

I didn't look at my speed and he let off before I did and eventually made a turn but I was happy and I sure didn't expect it to even be a contest.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

kinda looks like an fmic in your avatar, what turbo are you running? im not so surprised that a stg 4 wrx can keep up with a 55amg at lower speeds.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

I'm waiting on my 18g.... but I don't think it adds much hp til its installed and tuned The car came with the fmic, it's overkill I know. The SL55 I just thought was a beast. I've driven SL500's and they are quick.

beautiful overkill.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    I doubt he was all in it, then. Unless you really launched like nuts and took it up to 50...cause in that case you could have hung right there...

But you're right, they are beasts!
    2003 SRT-4

Mercedes SL55 AMG
    Price: Approx. $115,545
    Horsepower: 574hp @ 6100 rpm
    Torque: 452ft lbs @ 4600 rpm
    1/4 Mile: 12.9 secs @ 110mph
    0-60mph: 4.6 secs
    Top Speed: 155mph (limited)
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by cdogg240
    I'm waiting on my 18g.... but I don't think it adds much hp til its installed and tuned The car came with the fmic, it's overkill I know. The SL55 I just thought was a beast. I've driven SL500's and they are quick.

When did you buy this car? I think you just bought this in the last couple of months.. I remember seeing this for sale one of my friends was looking at it.. what do you think about it? treating you well?
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

It's great. I haven't had any problems at all with the car. It is extremely clean under the hood, under the car, and inside. Everything seems to have been professionally done. I m just ready to make it faster. It's got all the tid bits to hold a bigger turbo, just needs the turbo itself. I got a great deal on it as well. Much less then the buy it now price was. And the people I bought it from made sure I new as much as I could about the car when I bought it. I will of course make it my own thought with some changes. But I'll save that for another thread. I am just stoked I am beating G35's, 3.2cl's, and the like.

Yeah, I have a feeling the AMG was not giving it his all.

They are 12sec @ 110mph+ cars.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.