97 Cobra goes down.

This is a discussion on 97 Cobra goes down. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was out at a local cruise area lastnight and a 97 Corba with driver +2 in it (I was ...

97 Cobra goes down.

I was out at a local cruise area lastnight and a 97 Corba with driver +2 in it (I was alone) gets up to me just as I started rolling thru a light He punches it. From about a 10mph he put about a fendder on me and then I just walked by him pretty quick. By the top of 3rd I had a few cars on him and shut down.

Cool guy, they pulled up next to me and said I walked them hard. He's also completely stock but has an X-pipe and CAI on order. I told him to look for me when he gets them in and we can run them again to see what kind of real world effects they have.

Not sure if it's his car or not since I seen some older guy driving it a few times over the last week. It's not a hard car to miss.. While with a big black Cobra on the sides. Might just be daddy's car but who knows.

Man there were a TON of fast cars out lastnight but the Cobra was the only one I got a chance to run. I saw a Saleen Mustang (cammed big time), Viper srt-10, 70 Chevelle(Full roll cage and massive rear), 72 Firebird(Running big ass DR's), 06 GTO I ran before and a few gen1 Talons.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good kill, i ran a 97ish cobra the first time i ran at the track. I ran a 14.3@100mph to his 14.6@103mph, he def had exhaust and im not sure what else. His car was faster, but his driving was slower, although we both sucked at driving. I am stage II.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Good kill.

I have a 96 Cobra (96-98s are the same) with all the bolt ons and 4.10 gears...the thing is still slow.
    2003 SRT-4

yeah but those cobra motors have a beautiful bottom end that is just begging for a pro charger!
    96 Mustang: Shorty Headers, X-pipe, Electronic cut out, Air silencer Delete, K&N air filter, really sticky tires
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

02 bugeye: exedy oem clutch, kybAGX struts, momo short-throw shifter, steel braided brake lines, stoptech rotors and stock rims (the 17inch wheel just weighed too much), 14.232 @ 94.75mph

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dehnem
    yeah but those cobra motors have a beautiful bottom end that is just begging for a pro charger!
    the DOHC motors love to breathe.
    2003 SRT-4