cobb 2 wrx vs civic
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on cobb 2 wrx vs civic within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I got walked. It was ugly...real ugly. Last night I was out cruising with one of my friends and saw ...

cobb 2 wrx vs civic

I got walked. It was ugly...real ugly.

Last night I was out cruising with one of my friends and saw another buddy's civic. He already had a gsr swap+turbo but ended up blowing something up just as he finished. He ended up taking his car to somewhere in Va (i cant remember the name) and had the engine fully built and tuned. WOW... I knew I didnt have a chance but I didnt think it would have been that ugly.

I met up with the kid and his civic and we were going to go meet some other kids in a town about 20 min away. While we were cruising we did a quick run just to see how fast he really was. I was 2 cars behind him to start and he was in front. I flashed my brights and we were off from a 3rd gear roll. I hit boost instantly and he still managed to pull atleast 2 cars in 3rd. 4th he pulled another 4-6, and i shut down after 4th. He also had 4 people in his car while I had 2.

I will try to post some pics up if he will let me. He doesnt want me listing any mods/ his whp/ or how much boost he is running. But lets just say he is boosting alot and therefor has alot of fwhp.
    Last edited by roo21; 07-29-2006 at 07:09 AM.
    Cobb Stage 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Perhaps Autothority. They tuned one of my buddys civics and it was QUICK! He had a gs-r head on a ls block with nitrous I think it was.

Yea, alot of people under estimate civics with swaps. Im Cobb Stage 2 and I raced a hatch with a H22 swap with bolt ons and hondata tune from about 55 on the hwy on the way back from a car show and only got him by about a 1 1/2 cars and the 1st run and only about 3/4 car the second time due to him getting the jump on me. The closest race I'd had in quite a while...
    -03 WR Blue WRX - -Cobb Stage 2 w/Uppipe and Intake-

There is a civic that goes to my local track alot, its turboed thats all i know, its a mid 90s hatch and it runs low 12s at 126mph. Its street driven to the track, obviously it has traction problems but from a roll that thing is insane.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

yall think thats nuts? my friend has a black civic with rsx type-s engine in that bad boy. k20!!!! its still in process of getting patched up, but itll spank hella cars when its done. ill post pics up when its done.

Yeah civics can be fast, but I usually don't waste my time with them, unless it's one of my friends or it sounds nasty because the majority are slow. My buddy had a 1993 civic coupe with no ac or power steering and an intergra type-r swap, that car was a monster. Until it got stolen, and stripped

modified mag dropped a k20 into a ek civic si... only mod was like an intake or something, nothing too relevant, and a retuned ecu.

it ran a 12.15 out of the box.
    Trek mountain bike (with front AND rear suspension!)
    Zero skateboard

The problem with running Civic's is, for every fast one on the streets there is 1000 slow ones. I can't count the number of times I thought maybe I would have a good race only to pull busses on them.

Sadly I haven't run into a fast Civic yet. I know they are out there but I've only encountered the slow ones.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by friedricer
    modified mag dropped a k20 into a ek civic si... only mod was like an intake or something, nothing too relevant, and a retuned ecu.

it ran a 12.15 out of the box.
    callin bs on this.......ek civic si is like 3100lbs isnt it? a k20a in a crx with only a TB made 11.9 on drag radials and that car is 2100lbs......i need to see some proof of this
    "I know death follows me but imma murder him first" - Pac

More To Come.....

Quote Originally Posted by DeKaP
    callin bs on this.......ek civic si is like 3100lbs isnt it? a k20a in a crx with only a TB made 11.9 on drag radials and that car is 2100lbs......i need to see some proof of this
    it was in an old issue... like dec 2004 or something. i might still have it.
    Trek mountain bike (with front AND rear suspension!)
    Zero skateboard

Pimpin all over the world

well no surprise i live in miami and here are some sick civic's!! i lost just once !! and he told me he got a b18 on it i dont even know what it is !!! but it was turbo it was a really close race n' im' stage 2 on my 2006 STi

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.