What sort of 1/4 mile and 0-100kph time...?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on What sort of 1/4 mile and 0-100kph time...? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm curious as to what the 1/4 mile and 0-100kph time would be for my car, details are as follows. ...

What sort of 1/4 mile and 0-100kph time...?

I'm curious as to what the 1/4 mile and 0-100kph time would be for my car, details are as follows.

1997 JDM WRX - 205kw

Some of the v3/v4 WRX's came with the vf22 so lucky this one did .

Mods are pretty minor but...

Cadillac convertor removed and downpipe fitted
    3" Exhaust from cat back
    Running 1.1 bar of boost
    K&N Air filter

The nearest track is some distance away but hope to get on one in the near future. I've been told the JDM's should do high 12's with similar mods and with a decent driver, perhaps low 13's with an average driver? I know someone has done a 12.7 in a 1997 JDM WRX and I was told it was 'fairly' stock but am not too sure on the modifications. Apparantly they were a really good driver though.

I'm guessing the 0-100kph time shouldn't be too quick because of the bigger turbo which has more lag but larger top end power?

Anyone know what the figures should roughly be?

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by zzoom
    I'm curious as to what the 1/4 mile and 0-100kph time would be for my car, details are as follows.

1997 JDM WRX - 205kw

Some of the v3/v4 WRX's came with the vf22 so lucky this one did .

Mods are pretty minor but...

3" Exhaust from cat back
    Running 1.1 bar of boost
    K&N Air filter

The nearest track is some distance away but hope to get on one in the near future. I've been told the JDM's should do high 12's with similar mods and with a decent driver, perhaps low 13's with an average driver? I know someone has done a 12.7 in a 1997 JDM WRX and I was told it was 'fairly' stock but am not too sure on the modifications. Apparantly they were a really good driver though.

I'm guessing the 0-100kph time shouldn't be too quick because of the bigger turbo which has more lag but larger top end power?

Anyone know what the figures should roughly be?

Cheers
    Well a vf22 can push a USDM WRX into the 12's so I'm guessing a 1997 (lighter car I believe) should hit high 12's. If it's your 1st time as the track I would be more then happen with low to mid 13's.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Quarter Mile

Ok, take what everybody say's you "SHOULD" hit, (other vf22, friends on the forums, magazines, etc) and add .5 = Your quarter mile time.

So like how Error said you should be able to reach high 12's. I'd say you run 13.0-13.5. Now go run it and get back to us. If you come back with 12's, you better have vid! Have fun doing it.

Where are you located?
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

Quote Originally Posted by zzoom

What's Cadillac parts doing in a Japanese car?
    '06 WR-Blue WRX Sedan
    Vegas baby, Vegas!

Quote Originally Posted by Dub RXer
    What's Cadillac parts doing in a Japanese car?
    It's a joint venture.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

Atleast he didn't say cataract convertor...
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Aspen White 2006 Limited

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.