06 s2k vs my05wrx
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 s2k vs my05wrx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My friend just got an 06 s2k and that thing is crazy. I have an 05 wrx with up/down/catback and ...

06 s2k vs my05wrx

My friend just got an 06 s2k and that thing is crazy. I have an 05 wrx with up/down/catback and from a dig I have him up to about 60-70 then he just walks on me. From a roll he takes me everytime through every gear? Do the 06's have anything different from the older ones? I didn't think they were that fast!

We went for a drive in the twisties(dry) and that thing just rocks I thought they were just a glorified civic but now I actually respect them, they handle so good. I think I may have to get my accessport, do you think this will help me against him? I think he's still stock.

Sorry for the rant I was just surprised, I never really thought much of them....My bad, I guess.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The S2000 is one hell of a capable car, and to this day, out of the tons and tons of cars I have driven I still think the S2000 is the most fun.

As for your race results, it sounds pretty typical. They are very very low 14sec - high 13sec cars with traps in the 101mph range. If you go Cobb Stage2 you should beat him from a dig and hang from a roll.
    Either way though, anyone that does not respect the S2000 as a capable and affordable sport car is a fool.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    S2k has quite possibly the sexiest transmission on earth. The epitome of racebred performance and refinement. It was definatly a hard decision to go with the rex when I was buying a couple months ago. In the end it came down to the stealerships here selling the s2k for $45k+ and my TR being $23.5

My friend has an AP1 which is an older s2k (2003) with lower gear ratios/intake/header/test pipe/single exhaust and VAFC ver2 he dynoed at 217rwhp and 136tq. (dynopack) When I was stock I would take him from a stop, but any kind of roll was pretty much death for me. I got mad one day and I ordered cobb stage II (dp/up/exhaust/flash) and called him up for another friendly run, we did a few rolls and ill keep him at bay up to about 90mph from a slow roll after teh v-teC kicked in it was over for me agian. These things dont mess around and they are a blast to drive... esp when vtec kicks in its pretty fun. anyways a few months later I picked up the vf34/pinks/fp/header/tmic and got protuned at 260whp/250tq (mustang dyno) I called him up again and we did some freeway runs and ill pretty much murder him when I want from any kind of speeds and it wasn’t funny for him in the streets id take him by buslengths once i hit full boost in 3rd, get a stage 4 and dont tell him anything, just race for money! haha anyways now he wants to get a comptech supercharger but im about to buy a fmic and an 20G and bigger injectors.

Quote Originally Posted by TigsteRz
    My friend has an AP1 which is an older s2k (2003) with lower gear ratios/intake/header/test pipe/single exhaust and VAFC ver2 he dynoed at 217rwhp and 136tq. (dynopack) When I was stock I would take him from a stop, but any kind of roll was pretty much death for me. I got mad one day and I ordered cobb stage II (dp/up/exhaust/flash) and called him up for another friendly run, we did a few rolls and ill keep him at bay up to about 90mph from a slow roll after teh v-teC kicked in it was over for me agian. These things dont mess around and they are a blast to drive... esp when vtec kicks in its pretty fun. anyways a few months later I picked up the vf34/pinks/fp/header/tmic and got protuned at 260whp/250tq (mustang dyno) I called him up again and we did some freeway runs and ill pretty much murder him when I want from any kind of speeds and it wasn’t funny for him in the streets id take him by buslengths once i hit full boost in 3rd, get a stage 4 and dont tell him anything, just race for money! haha anyways now he wants to get a comptech supercharger but im about to buy a fmic and an 20G and bigger injectors.

i'd like to hear a real modlist for his s2k

the s2k while being a great car, responds like **** to boltons...
    the only way to really squeeze power out of those things is f/i, or extensive motor work
    the oem motor is nearly tapped for power from the factory, it's not surprising... they were able to squeeze 240hp out of a 2.2l 4cy n/a motor and that alone is impressive... till you look at the torque numbers :lol:
    the s2k is a blast in the twisties, but if you hit a decent incline you REALLY know it

if some how your friend did find a closer gear set for the s2k, it was a retarded mod, so was teh vafc...

Quote Originally Posted by uurexx
    My friend just got an 06 s2k and that thing is crazy. I have an 05 wrx with up/down/catback and from a dig I have him up to about 60-70 then he just walks on me. From a roll he takes me everytime through every gear? Do the 06's have anything different from the older ones? I didn't think they were that fast!

We went for a drive in the twisties(dry) and that thing just rocks I thought they were just a glorified civic but now I actually respect them, they handle so good. I think I may have to get my accessport, do you think this will help me against him? I think he's still stock.

Sorry for the rant I was just surprised, I never really thought much of them....My bad, I guess.
    everything about the s2k is race inspired...id trade my wrx in any day for one
    "I know death follows me but imma murder him first" - Pac

More To Come.....

Quote Originally Posted by DeKaP
    +1
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DeKaP

what's wrong with today then?

you could sell your wrx and pick up a used s2k for almost the same price any day of the week.....

but imo you'd be making a HUGE mistake

Quote Originally Posted by $lick Rick

you could sell your wrx and pick up a used s2k for almost the same price any day of the week.....

na i was talkin about new s2k
    "I know death follows me but imma murder him first" - Pac

More To Come.....

Quote Originally Posted by $lick Rick

If winter was not an issue, I would undoubtably have an S2000 in my driveway over a wrx. It is just so much more of a drivers car.
    Just call me Clark Kent

They are fast, just got beat by one today in my 06 tr by a car to 80mph from a 15-20mph roll. I thought my car was jsut too slow, but maybe they really are the bomb from a roll. The dude I ran had all these stickers on it but claimed it only had a clutch . Well I'll see him later when I got stg 2 and see how those sticker help him against 340lbs of twist. hehehehehehehe....
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Just a follow up on the competition! I had the pleasure to drive my buddies s2k and was left with a great impression. First of all I don't think the low torque numbers result in a bad driving experience at all, it may be just the lower weight attributed to the good torque feel, but isn't was bad to me.

That transmission is truely a work of art, I have the factory short shifter in my car and when I got back in it to drive, I was almost dissapointed. it really shows how great that tranny is. cornering is sooo sweet, you can turn in with so much speed and it feels effortless. To top it off, personally I love that fact that the top drops

I know some don't like hearing wrx owners praise other cars but when it is warranted, I think someone must say it. I'm not saying I want to switch, in reality it shows me that I need to make some more mods to my car.

Just another car that can be appreciated.

Hey they are Honda's. there is a reason they (Honda's) hold value. They are sweet, and reliable. I still think the wrx is a beeter way to spend your money. You really don't have to lose your car to kid,s and houses, and wives. It's still practical. The 2 seater is for young dudes trying to get some. The WRX is for those that already got it.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    If winter was not an issue, I would undoubtably have an S2000 in my driveway over a wrx. It is just so much more of a drivers car.
    +2 either S2000 or MS maita

If I wasnt worried about the weather, I'd take either of those cars over a wrx or stil
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    +2 either S2000 or MS maita

If I wasnt worried about the weather, I'd take either of those cars over a wrx or stil
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.