How quick are the legacy GT's?

This is a discussion on How quick are the legacy GT's? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; After a little stoplight action vs a new Legacy, i was suprised by the outcome. The trusty ol max put ...

How quick are the legacy GT's?

After a little stoplight action vs a new Legacy, i was suprised by the outcome.
    The trusty ol max put the LGT 2 cars back without too much trouble, was it maybe because of the 90 degree weather? maybe he couldnt drive? It was really sticky out and I got a whole lot more traction than i usually do. I gave up after my lead kept growing at 70, but this guy gave me my first ricer flyby in nearly 2 years. He did give a thumbs up at the next intersection... made me reminisce over the good ol days with the rex.

after doin a little homework the stock gt probably makes less whp than My GLE, but i thought the LGT was a low 14 second car. Im curious as to what kind of numbers the max would put down, its a whole lot stronger than id bargain for with 70k on the clock.
    I love havin a VQ35 sleeper
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If the Leg is driven well, it should beat up on a Maxima. They can run right around 14 flat.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    If the Leg is driven well, it should beat up on a Maxima. They can run right around 14 flat.
    The person in the legacy was a 72 year old librarian.

i definetly expected him to pull instantly... maybe it was an auto. It was by no means a slow car, but the max was clearly stronger once we got goin...
    and the guy looked more like 50, 72 is a bit too old to do a full throttle flyby after gettin pulled on.

I guess its not too out of the question from a power to weight ratio standpoint. The Max's 3.5 dyno 230lbs of torque, which is what the LGT makes at the flywheel. and ive picked up a 10-15 whp too, so given that my car is a couple hundred lbs lighter, he really shouldnt be pulling should he?
    Last edited by Anzioblack44; 07-25-2006 at 10:09 PM.
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

I have to believe you. This was a class reply to my sarcastic post.

Good kill.

My guess is that the LGT was an auto.

A 5spd LGT vs 6spd Maxima is a pretty good race seeing that both cars are running lower-mid 14's @ traps anywhere from 97/98mph.

Same goes for auto vs auto. Seeing that you have a GLE that means you have an automatic as well. Auto Maxima's with a JWT pop are typically good for high 14's and although I do not have numbers on hand, I would have to guess that an auto LGT probably runs the very high 14's - low 15's area with the Maxima having superior topend pull leaving the maxima able to edge out the LGT 1/4mile wise and post higher traps (auto vs auto).
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I would also guess the LGT was an auto, and just punched the gas rather than brake-torqued it. Coming from an auto wrx, I know that the car is a complete dog off the line when you launch that way -probably a full second slower in the 1/4 (if not more).
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)