How quick are the legacy GT's?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on How quick are the legacy GT's? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; After a little stoplight action vs a new Legacy, i was suprised by the outcome. The trusty ol max put ...

How quick are the legacy GT's?

After a little stoplight action vs a new Legacy, i was suprised by the outcome.
    The trusty ol max put the LGT 2 cars back without too much trouble, was it maybe because of the 90 degree weather? maybe he couldnt drive? It was really sticky out and I got a whole lot more traction than i usually do. I gave up after my lead kept growing at 70, but this guy gave me my first ricer flyby in nearly 2 years. He did give a thumbs up at the next intersection... made me reminisce over the good ol days with the rex.

after doin a little homework the stock gt probably makes less whp than My GLE, but i thought the LGT was a low 14 second car. Im curious as to what kind of numbers the max would put down, its a whole lot stronger than id bargain for with 70k on the clock.
    I love havin a VQ35 sleeper
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If the Leg is driven well, it should beat up on a Maxima. They can run right around 14 flat.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    If the Leg is driven well, it should beat up on a Maxima. They can run right around 14 flat.
    The person in the legacy was a 72 year old librarian.

i definetly expected him to pull instantly... maybe it was an auto. It was by no means a slow car, but the max was clearly stronger once we got goin...
    and the guy looked more like 50, 72 is a bit too old to do a full throttle flyby after gettin pulled on.

I guess its not too out of the question from a power to weight ratio standpoint. The Max's 3.5 dyno 230lbs of torque, which is what the LGT makes at the flywheel. and ive picked up a 10-15 whp too, so given that my car is a couple hundred lbs lighter, he really shouldnt be pulling should he?
    Last edited by Anzioblack44; 07-25-2006 at 11:09 PM.
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

I have to believe you. This was a class reply to my sarcastic post.

Good kill.

My guess is that the LGT was an auto.

A 5spd LGT vs 6spd Maxima is a pretty good race seeing that both cars are running lower-mid 14's @ traps anywhere from 97/98mph.

Same goes for auto vs auto. Seeing that you have a GLE that means you have an automatic as well. Auto Maxima's with a JWT pop are typically good for high 14's and although I do not have numbers on hand, I would have to guess that an auto LGT probably runs the very high 14's - low 15's area with the Maxima having superior topend pull leaving the maxima able to edge out the LGT 1/4mile wise and post higher traps (auto vs auto).
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I would also guess the LGT was an auto, and just punched the gas rather than brake-torqued it. Coming from an auto wrx, I know that the car is a complete dog off the line when you launch that way -probably a full second slower in the 1/4 (if not more).
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.