Raced a Saaburu today...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Raced a Saaburu today... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I raced a Saaburu today. I grew up in the mountains of Colorado around the Conifer/Evergreen area and now live ...

Thumbs up Raced a Saaburu today...

I raced a Saaburu today. I grew up in the mountains of Colorado around the Conifer/Evergreen area and now live in Denver. I was making a trip up to my folks' house and took North Turkey Creek. If any of you live close to this area it is a must drive road. People who like straight roads need not apply. I usually catch up with someone pretty quick as a lot of people take it as a shortcut. This time I got behind a Saaburu right at the beginning. I was thinking how bad my luck was and that I was going to be stuck going slow for the whole ride when he started to pull away. I couldn't believe my luck! I hung with him and we flew down this ultra twisty road. We caught up to a minivan about half way through but it was fun. It is the first time anyone has been fast enough for me not to want to tail them on this road (I have driven up and down this road hundreds of times before).

Needless to say, I gave thumbs up when he turned off.

On a related note I hit a new high speed (for me) on the way back to Denver... 135! I love this car!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice, dang thats pretty fast!
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cabriniman
    I raced a Saaburu today. I grew up in the mountains of Colorado around the Conifer/Evergreen area and now live in Denver. I was making a trip up to my folks' house and took North Turkey Creek. If any of you live close to this area it is a must drive road. People who like straight roads need not apply. I usually catch up with someone pretty quick as a lot of people take it as a shortcut. This time I got behind a Saaburu right at the beginning. I was thinking how bad my luck was and that I was going to be stuck going slow for the whole ride when he started to pull away. I couldn't believe my luck! I hung with him and we flew down this ultra twisty road. We caught up to a minivan about half way through but it was fun. It is the first time anyone has been fast enough for me not to want to tail them on this road (I have driven up and down this road hundreds of times before).

Needless to say, I gave thumbs up when he turned off.

On a related note I hit a new high speed (for me) on the way back to Denver... 135! I love this car!
    I might have missed this but what car do you have?
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    I might have missed this but what car do you have?
    I have an 06 TR.

My g/f has an 05' Saabaru 9-2X and I love that car. It is automatic and horrible turbo lag aside, it is a great daily driver for her... perfect actually.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by cabriniman
    I have an 06 TR.

Oh nice! Rock out!
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

i grew up in evergreen and know exactly what road your talking about....very fun road to drive

I graduated from evergreen high in 96…did you attend evergreen?
    <<<<<<<< LOOK AT MY NAME!!! lol
    COBB stg II

Quote Originally Posted by jugger
    i grew up in evergreen and know exactly what road your talking about....very fun road to drive

I graduated from evergreen high in 96…did you attend evergreen?
    I actually went to Conifer high and graduated in 99. Did you happen to know Mark or Emilee Lawson? They both went to Evergreen high (my older brother and sister). Mark was a geeky kid but I think Emilee was popularish.

the last name sounds familiar but cant really place them...

seems to be a lot of subie owners that live in evergreen. they all seem to congregate on this local forum http://www.awdpirates.net/phpBB2/index.php (incase you hadn’t seen it yet)
    <<<<<<<< LOOK AT MY NAME!!! lol
    COBB stg II

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.