vf-34 wrx vs 2002 M5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on vf-34 wrx vs 2002 M5 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; M5 mods: Functional Ram air with intakes, Super Sport full exhaust with H pipe, Stage 2 software. Down side: Custom ...

vf-34 wrx vs 2002 M5

M5 mods: Functional Ram air with intakes, Super Sport full exhaust with H pipe, Stage 2 software. Down side: Custom system that weights in the 250lb range, heavy rims, passanger filming. almost fully fueled.

WRX = Mine are in my sig, but stage 2.5 with JDM v7 TMIC/sprayer/and all the supporting mods.... No passangers no system, 1/2 tank fuel.

We were on our way to the area where there arent really any cars around.. On the way we had these pulls,

From 30 to 80 = WRX by 1 car ( did this numerous times on the way )
    From 60 to 120 = WRX 1/2 ( Also numerous times sometimes with better shifting i would gain almost a full car )

Then we got to run at our spot.

From the Dig to 100 = WRX by 3 Cars

From 25 to 110 =

Best run and I have to get the vid from my friend in the M5 which i will post tomorrow when he sends it to me.

We lined up at about 25 MPH I was in Second gear about 4500 i think, The M5 had a passanger that was filming, ( which btw he had the carmera on picture so when we started running after the 3 horn start he took a picture by mistake, then switches to video where i am in 3rd pulling on him and shifting into 4th.. after that he backs off we were at about 100-110 I would say) Soon as the we started he gained only about 1 door lenght, my turbo spooled and began pulling away!!!! I was liks $hit! Then into 3rd gear and I pulled ahead shifting into fourth i have about 1 car lenght on him which you will see in the Vid soon as i post it.

I was honestly suprised i did so well with out a PROtune. Well soon as i get the vids from him I will be sure to post them, But like i said that last run was the best and Unfortunatly by the time he could get the camera to vid and start recording you will see me already in 3rd..

This is the only pic I took on my camera phone.. and its after we ran.. =(
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails m5_wrx_7.23.06.jpg  
    Last edited by enash99; 07-23-2006 at 08:18 PM.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

m5
    Trek mountain bike (with front AND rear suspension!)
    Zero skateboard

Sounds like fun...
    VF-34 WRX=
    06 VF39'd WRX 270awhp 295wtq @15psi
    Should I OpenSource and ditch the AP?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

nice kills
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

Nice kill! I'm curious to see what you can do the current M5.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

Very nice. You should keep with the 07 version. Not sure about pulling it. Good reliable setup you have there.

Quote Originally Posted by Me&05WRX
    Nice kill! I'm curious to see what you can do the current M5.
    There actually is someone that lives in a neighborhood near me with a new M5. He is a younger guy about 18.. I was told by my friend with the M5 that he posted a vid i think on baybimmers.com of him doing some insane donuts. So it sounds like if i ever ran into him he would run me, but honestly I already know that car would destroy me.. I had a hudge weight advantage with the 02. But the new one is just a monster! I stay away from the 'big boy's" Cobra's Z06's etc... I know where I can compete and where i cant. Alot of fun trying tho... =)

Quote Originally Posted by stight
    Very nice. You should keep with the 07 version. Not sure about pulling it. Good reliable setup you have there.
    Thanks i am really happy with it.. Actually suprised at the results this setup has givin me. All around from braking to cornering this is a very solid setup IMO.
    Last edited by enash99; 07-24-2006 at 05:37 AM.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Nice kill.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

There was an M5 with a chip and exhaust at a dyno day last year, and it put down 320whp. A stage 2.5 WRX had 250whp, so there's a 70 hp advantage to the M5, but it's also 900 pounds heavier.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

I raced a friend from a roll and a dig. I have a stage 2 wrx, he has a 5401 6 speed with stage 2 dinan chip and cold air intake. I won from a roll easily and from a roll 60-90 i pulled an easy car length. I know the m5 is alot faster, so nice. The bigger turbo really helps from a roll.
    04 wrx cutom 2 tone leather.

good job

cool
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

A new M5 with a V10 that revs to 8250 and puts out about 500hp? It is a heavy pig like its siblings but then again, you really have to feel like you bought something when you shell out 96,000 dollars and taxes and fees. Who would buy something so rediculous, and then race it against a 25,000 dollar subaru?

Enash99 Vs. BlackEyeII

I did a couple of runs yesterday with him vs. my Stage 2 protuned STI 291/316

and he was right there every time.

Basically I would jump ahead with spool and torque, then as soon as he spooled we just hung .

From a roll when spool was not an issue it was a dead heat.

Fast car....

Oh Enash99 I felt so bad last night that I bought a Racepipe for my TXS so I can dump the cat... Maybe catless and with my shipping 3" RFL Ti muffler I can make a better showing. Still that is a fast and really great sounding car...
    Last edited by BlackEye; 07-25-2006 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by udelslayer
    A new M5 with a V10 that revs to 8250 and puts out about 500hp? It is a heavy pig like its siblings but then again, you really have to feel like you bought something when you shell out 96,000 dollars and taxes and fees. Who would buy something so rediculous, and then race it against a 25,000 dollar subaru?
    Yes.
    06 OBP WRX
    New England F4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast