2002 Pontiac gtp vs. 2002 wrx

This is a discussion on 2002 Pontiac gtp vs. 2002 wrx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So today i was comeing back from the store and my friend pulled up next to me in his 2002 ...

2002 Pontiac gtp vs. 2002 wrx

So today i was comeing back from the store and my friend pulled up next to me in his 2002 gtp. I did not relise he wanted to race me untill we were at a roll 5-10 mph, then he steped on it and so did i, unfortuatly the turbo had not had a chance to spool up yet. Soon as i cought up to him there was a truck infront of me causeing me to slow down. I was however suprised at how fast those gtp's are! just bummed out i lost. Maby next time it will be more fair.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wrx1000
    I did not relise he wanted to race me untill we were at a roll 5-10 mph, then he steped on it and so did i, unfortuatly the turbo had not had a chance to spool up yet.
    Thats usually when i figure out its a race

Quote Originally Posted by wrx1000
    I was however suprised at how fast those gtp's are! just bummed out i lost. Maby next time it will be more fair.
    Don't underestimate the gtps. My buddy has one with a magnaflow exhaust, CAI, pulleys...and it was extremely quick. The problem is the 4sp auto transmission is lame
    06 OBP WRX
    New England F4

Unfortunately for you, the GTP caught you at its strong point. Already rolling and a roots blower. The 3.8 litre w/ supercharger responds well with instant boost. What can you do? The GTP had the advantage.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

you woulda probably had an advantage if it was at the light instead

i raced a gtp supercharged at a light in my stock 05 wrx. I beat him by 1 car or more.
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

GTP's should not be underestimated. They high 14sec cars stock, and with exhaust and pulley they are good for low 14's - high 13's. I think the biggest problem here was that you were not spooled and because of his torque and s/c he was already at full power when you hit it.
    Perhaps he was mildly modded as well.

Another thing, you have some pretty terrible spelling and grammer. Normally I am not one to point this stuff out, but you misspelled like 10 + words. You may want to consider brushing up on that for your own sake assuming you are not new to the language.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

It's grammar for sentence structure and syntax, not grammer.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    GTP's should not be underestimated. They high 14sec cars stock, and with exhaust and pulley they are good for low 14's - high 13's. I think the biggest problem here was that you were not spooled and because of his torque and s/c he was already at full power when you hit it.
    Perhaps he was mildly modded as well.

Another thing, you have some pretty terrible spelling and grammer. Normally I am not one to point this stuff out, but you misspelled like 10 + words. You may want to consider brushing up on that for your own sake assuming you are not new to the language.
    Sorry about the bad grammer and spelling. Next time i'll be sure to get it right!

let this be a testimony to the difference between real world results and instrumented testing on an empty track.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

I Support ClubWRX
    I drove one a while back. I'm not into high speed runs, so I enjoyed it. They are definately enough to surprise a stock WRX.

Doesn't it just suck losing your biggest advanage like that? No one else sits at the light and asks if you want to run them. They always wait till you are at a slow roll.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods