2002 Pontiac gtp vs. 2002 wrx
Results 1 to 11 of 11

This is a discussion on 2002 Pontiac gtp vs. 2002 wrx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So today i was comeing back from the store and my friend pulled up next to me in his 2002 ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    0

    2002 Pontiac gtp vs. 2002 wrx

    So today i was comeing back from the store and my friend pulled up next to me in his 2002 gtp. I did not relise he wanted to race me untill we were at a roll 5-10 mph, then he steped on it and so did i, unfortuatly the turbo had not had a chance to spool up yet. Soon as i cought up to him there was a truck infront of me causeing me to slow down. I was however suprised at how fast those gtp's are! just bummed out i lost. Maby next time it will be more fair.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User kingypoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    585
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx1000
    I did not relise he wanted to race me untill we were at a roll 5-10 mph, then he steped on it and so did i, unfortuatly the turbo had not had a chance to spool up yet.
    Thats usually when i figure out its a race

    Quote Originally Posted by wrx1000
    I was however suprised at how fast those gtp's are! just bummed out i lost. Maby next time it will be more fair.
    Don't underestimate the gtps. My buddy has one with a magnaflow exhaust, CAI, pulleys...and it was extremely quick. The problem is the 4sp auto transmission is lame
    06 OBP WRX
    New England F4

  4. #3
    Registered User dcpatters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,174
    Unfortunately for you, the GTP caught you at its strong point. Already rolling and a roots blower. The 3.8 litre w/ supercharger responds well with instant boost. What can you do? The GTP had the advantage.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

  5. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    45
    you woulda probably had an advantage if it was at the light instead

  6. #5
    Registered User scotts05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Beavercreek, OH
    Posts
    836
    i raced a gtp supercharged at a light in my stock 05 wrx. I beat him by 1 car or more.
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

  7. #6
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    GTP's should not be underestimated. They high 14sec cars stock, and with exhaust and pulley they are good for low 14's - high 13's. I think the biggest problem here was that you were not spooled and because of his torque and s/c he was already at full power when you hit it.
    Perhaps he was mildly modded as well.

    Another thing, you have some pretty terrible spelling and grammer. Normally I am not one to point this stuff out, but you misspelled like 10 + words. You may want to consider brushing up on that for your own sake assuming you are not new to the language.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  8. #7
    Registered User dcpatters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,174
    It's grammar for sentence structure and syntax, not grammer.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

  9. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    GTP's should not be underestimated. They high 14sec cars stock, and with exhaust and pulley they are good for low 14's - high 13's. I think the biggest problem here was that you were not spooled and because of his torque and s/c he was already at full power when you hit it.
    Perhaps he was mildly modded as well.

    Another thing, you have some pretty terrible spelling and grammer. Normally I am not one to point this stuff out, but you misspelled like 10 + words. You may want to consider brushing up on that for your own sake assuming you are not new to the language.
    Sorry about the bad grammer and spelling. Next time i'll be sure to get it right!

  10. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,087
    let this be a testimony to the difference between real world results and instrumented testing on an empty track.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

  11. #10
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,590
    I Support ClubWRX
    I drove one a while back. I'm not into high speed runs, so I enjoyed it. They are definately enough to surprise a stock WRX.

  12. #11
    Registered User WRX-ERROR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Wilkes Barre, Pa
    Posts
    779
    Doesn't it just suck losing your biggest advanage like that? No one else sits at the light and asks if you want to run them. They always wait till you are at a slow roll.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •