01 Corvette. Want some info!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 01 Corvette. Want some info! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Will be stg 2 here in about a week, and my dad just purchased a Corvette (covertable) 01 stocker. Was ...

01 Corvette. Want some info!

Will be stg 2 here in about a week, and my dad just purchased a Corvette (covertable) 01 stocker.

Was curious how i'd do from a dig and a roll vs him.

Mods are in my sig, just add stg2.
    <| 04 Java Black Pearl WRX |>
    |<>| Perrin Dual Tip Catback Exhaust
    |<>| Perrin Catted Downpipe |<>| Perrin Up-pipe
    |<>| K&N Short Ram Intake |<>| Cobb AP Stg 2
    |<>| 17'' ADR Design Wheels, Ventus HR II Tires, Blizzaks on stock rims for snow |<>|

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by snowave6
    Will be stg 2 here in about a week, and my dad just purchased a Corvette (covertable) 01 stocker.

Was curious how i'd do from a dig and a roll vs him.

Mods are in my sig, just add stg2.
    What is more important to know is what gears does he have. Since most of Verts that I know of has auto tranny, it should be either 2.73 or 3.15 gears. The C5s with 2.73 autos are dogs (relatively speaking) off the line and IMO is the slowest of the C5s. The C5 being Convertible doesn't mean anything, in terms of weight since Vets only weigh ~18 lbs more than the coupe version.

So, with your AWD, your best chance would be from a dig. From a roll, the C5 should be trapping bit higher so he has the advantage.
    N/A -- 11.9@119 1.911 60' w/street radials
    N2O -- 11.3@126 1.820 60' w/street radials

I would have to say from the dig you have a chance. When you get into 2nd gear he will be comming hard at that point so hopefully you get a larger enough lead to hold him off till the top of third. After that im sure he will be right there with ya. GL tho, let us know!
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

If this helps at all my friend ran an 02 SS camaro 6 speed at the track to a 14.4@101mph to my 14.3@100mph in my cobb stage II 05 wrx, so i assume the SS camaro is very even to a C5 vette. I remember the mags ran the C5 Vert to a 13.6 back when they first came out which is what a cobb stage II wrx is capable of with a good driver. If you get a perfect launch you can run a C5 pretty close through the 1/4 you will be at a slight disadvantage but it would still be a close race. My brother ran his visnu stage 0 wrx back in 2002 against a 2002 C5 and he ran a 13.9 to the C5s 14.0 and beat it so anything can happen, they are close enough from a dig that the driver will make the difference, from a roll the C5 is always going to have the advantage.
    Last edited by elohdaeh78; 07-24-2006 at 10:06 AM.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Teh catless uppipe is the key to victory!

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    If this helps at all my friend ran an 02 SS camaro 6 speed at the track to a 14.4@101mph to my 14.3@100mph in my cobb stage II 05 wrx, so i assume the SS camaro is very even to a C5 vette. I remember the mags ran the C5 Vert to a 13.6 back when they first came out which is what a cobb stage II wrx is capable of with a good driver. If you get a perfect launch you can run a C5 pretty close through the 1/4 you will be at a slight disadvantage but it would still be a close race. My brother ran his visnu stage 0 wrx back in 2002 against a 2002 C5 and he ran a 13.9 to the C5s 14.0 and beat it so anything can happen, they are close enough from a dig that the driver will make the difference, from a roll the C5 is always going to have the advantage.
    You keep throwing around 14.4@100 and 13.9 as if those times are norm. Those are horrible numbers for LS1 SS and C5. Instead of using highest numbers to make a comparison, you should be using middle of the road numbers, otherwise, you'll be in for a rude awakening.

Quote Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
    You keep throwing around 14.4@100 and 13.9 as if those times are norm. Those are horrible numbers for LS1 SS and C5. Instead of using highest numbers to make a comparison, you should be using middle of the road numbers, otherwise, you'll be in for a rude awakening.
    whoa don't anger the c5 lover! nice z06 btw, i love the blue !!
    06 OBP WRX
    New England F4

Peachypumpkincheeks

+100

Quote Originally Posted by kingypoo
    whoa don't anger the c5 lover!
    LOL, well atleast he knows what he's talking about which is even better since he owns one!!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    LOL, well atleast he knows what he's talking about which is even better since he owns one!!
    True, but he owns a bada55 z06...which is not the same car mentioned in this thread. Silly girl
    06 OBP WRX
    New England F4

Peachypumpkincheeks

True, but he owns a bada55 z06...which is not the same car mentioned in this thread. Silly girl
    A c5 is merely a step away from the z06. If this guy knows anything about his car, then he knows about the c5 too.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

First of all i have seen more C5s running upper 13s bone stock then i have seen running lower 13s bone stock. You do realize that the better numbers are simply that, the numbers that someone achieves during their best run. Say a person runs their car down the track 30 times and they run a best of a 13.3 well im sure they will have plenty of runs that are in the upper 13s out of those other 29 runs. I am just telling you what i have seen. Maybe the track i go to isn't very fast who knows, i posted my time and i ran my car down the track 4 times, sure my 14.3@100mph is a slow time i didn't bull**** that time, and im not bull****ting my friend who ran a 14.4@101mph as a best time who took the car to the track twice and put down 6 runs or the vette my brother ran back in 02 who also ran 4 times and didn't break into the 14s or my friend who has a 2002 WS6 bone stock 6 speed who has not broken a 14.0@99mph in a good 15 runs. Yes those cars are capable of faster times, but so is my wrx which ran a 14.3@100mph what exactly is your point? I could throw around the 13.3@103mph time that a member on here ran in their cobb stage II wrx all day long also, but thats not what i have seen at the track i go to so i am reporting the times the cars run that i have seen in person. The average C5 is going to run in the 13.5 range at the track i go to and the average stage II wrx is going to run in the upper 13 range, like i said in my previous post the vette has an advanatage over the wrx but its such a slight one from a stop in the 1/4 mile that driver error could put the wrx ahead of it. As for me being in for a rude awakening, how do you figure that? I said in my previous post that the C5 had an advantage, i would expect the C5 to beat a cobb stage II wrx in more cases then not, but there are going to be times where the wrx can and will win, not all LS1 drivers are capable of putting their cars in the lower 13s or even the mid 13s as i have proof of that. Sure the car is faster and i stated that, but its not such a huge advantage that a good wrx driver can't beat a average C5 driver with. By the way i have a ton of friends with LS1s, and a buddy with an 06 GTO that is actually sitting 10 feet away from me at my job. I know alot about those cars anywhere from the LT1s to the LS1s and even my buddy with his 06 GTO said that my cobb stage II WRX would give him a hard time from a dig up to about 80mph and that car is pretty equal to a LS1 if not having a slight advantage.
    Last edited by elohdaeh78; 07-24-2006 at 12:47 PM.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Simmer....
    06 OBP WRX
    New England F4

whoa don't anger the c5 lover! nice z06 btw, i love the blue !!
    Heh, I'm far from being angry, just having a bit of discussion.

Thanks for the compliment.

elohdaeh78,

All I'm saying is, use the middle of the road numbers (average) rather than either end of the spectrum, and that goes for any car's numbers. You know it and I know it that 14 second LS1 F-Body and C5 isn't the norm, that is all I'm saying.

Heh, I'm far from being angry, just having a bit of discussion.

Thanks for the compliment.
    My 96 z28 was that same blue color..YUMMMM

BTW elohdaeh78

Use what writers call CHUNKING. One huge blob of a paragraph makes people, especially me, not read the post
    06 OBP WRX
    New England F4

My 96 z28 was that same blue color..YUMMMM

BTW elohdaeh78

Use what writers call CHUNKING. One huge blob of a paragraph makes people, especially me, not read the post
    I am not going to start some stupid fight here, but if you don't like how i write things then you don't have to read them, it really was not posted to you anyway, and i don't see how making it different paragraphs is any easier to read, since it really should only be one paragraph cause the subject matter does not stray. The use of periods and commas is all it really needs, im no english major and im not trying to write something fancy, but i could probably pick up any book and find at least one paragraph in any book longer then the one i just typed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.