01 Corvette. Want some info! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 01 Corvette. Want some info! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 03EBZ06 Heh, I'm far from being angry, just having a bit of discussion. Thanks for the compliment. ...

Quote Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
    Heh, I'm far from being angry, just having a bit of discussion.

Thanks for the compliment.

elohdaeh78,

All I'm saying is, use the middle of the road numbers (average) rather than either end of the spectrum, and that goes for any car's numbers. You know it and I know it that 14 second LS1 F-Body and C5 isn't the norm, that is all I'm saying.
    Those are slow numbers for those cars, but i was being equally fair and showing the numbers my car ran to which are also slow. I hope we can both agree that the C5 is faster from a roll in comparison to a Cobb Stage II WRX and slightly faster from a stop through the 1/4 mile but not fast enough in which the driver of either car can make the wrx win or the C5 destroy the wrx.
    Last edited by elohdaeh78; 07-24-2006 at 12:28 PM.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Simmer...
    06 OBP WRX
    New England F4

i think the vett would pull on ur stg II from anything above 60+
    NEWENGLAND F4
    Mod List

His car is auto. SO i think i'd be able to gain a good portion of ground on him from a dig.

Oh well, hopefully we'll head down to our local 1/4 and give it a go.
    <| 04 Java Black Pearl WRX |>
    |<>| Perrin Dual Tip Catback Exhaust
    |<>| Perrin Catted Downpipe |<>| Perrin Up-pipe
    |<>| K&N Short Ram Intake |<>| Cobb AP Stg 2
    |<>| 17'' ADR Design Wheels, Ventus HR II Tires, Blizzaks on stock rims for snow |<>|

Elohdea, i watched a highschool hottie piloting her 99 trans am WS6 (auto) redlight three times. She really knew nothing about cars, other than this pedal makes it go, and this one makes it slow down.

The fourth run, she waited 5 seconds after the greens lit, and pulled a 2.0 60' on her way to a 13.4 @ 107. No mods no nothing, idiot driver, stock tires. Byron Raceway kicked her out for not having a helmet.

Her boyfriend ran a 12.6 @ 111, with a wet 100 shot and Nitto drag radials on His Auto WS6.

I think youll be in for a big surprise on the vettes top end, auto or not.

Good luck snowave and be safe, good to see yer gonna head to the track
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

Quote Originally Posted by Anzioblack44
    Elohdea, i watched a highschool hottie piloting her 99 trans am WS6 (auto) redlight three times. She really knew nothing about cars, other than this pedal makes it go, and this one makes it slow down.

The fourth run, she waited 5 seconds after the greens lit, and pulled a 2.0 60' on her way to a 13.4 @ 107. No mods no nothing, idiot driver, stock tires. Byron Raceway kicked her out for not having a helmet.

Her boyfriend ran a 12.6 @ 111, with a wet 100 shot and Nitto drag radials on His Auto WS6.

I think youll be in for a big surprise on the vettes top end, auto or not.

Good luck snowave and be safe, good to see yer gonna head to the track
    13.4@107 in a bone stock WS6 is pretty damn impressive. Maybe its the track that im at but Supercharged Cobras are running mid 13s to 13.3s on average and they are a bit faster then an LS1. Plus i like how people say stop magazine racing and just go out and race and when i do go out and race its still not good enough. Yes the LS1s have a better top end then a Cobb Stage II WRX and yes they are a few tenths quicker in the 1/4 mile, but like i said before, from a stop its not that huge of a difference that a good driver in a wrx could beat an average driver in an LS1. We are talking about 10ths of a second in the real world thats nothing. You also have to take in account that every track is different and my 14.3 is slow for a cobb stage II wrx just like the 14.4@101 is slow for a LS1, so maybe its just a slow track i go to.
    Last edited by elohdaeh78; 07-27-2006 at 10:32 AM.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

13.4@107 isn't all that impressive, there are many who are running those times or better with their stock LS1 F-Body, to me, this is just an average, perhaps tiny bit above average. With my old bone stock 2000 SS best she ran was 13.1@108 and this is right down to stock tires.

Now, I also have seen many high 13 passes so don't think I'm only referring to very good to best numbers. This is why I say use median numbers rather extreme sides of spectrum.
    N/A -- 11.9@119 1.911 60' w/street radials
    N2O -- 11.3@126 1.820 60' w/street radials

Quote Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
    13.4@107 isn't all that impressive, there are many who are running those times or better with their stock LS1 F-Body, to me, this is just an average, perhaps tiny bit above average. With my old bone stock 2000 SS best she ran was 13.1@108 and this is right down to stock tires.

Now, I also have seen many high 13 passes so don't think I'm only referring to very good to best numbers. This is why I say use median numbers rather extreme sides of spectrum.
    ok 13.4@107 isn't OMG what a run, but its still a very respectable run for an LS1 so i really don't think that girl didn't know how to drive, because her time was def respectable. Like i said i know a few people that can't break into the 13s in their LS1s so they can't drive, but someone that runs a 13.4@107mph did a good job and i would consider is a good driver, not a great driver, but a good driver.

I think the track probably negates some of your awd advantage youd find at the street. with that VHT and hot asphalt, your half second advantage shrinks to a couple tenths. after all you dont want to shred your tranny. I never got a whole lot of wheel spin with my Cobb Stage II w RA gears. 13.5 @ 104 w/ a 1.9 60'

I really miss my rex

hey it was an auto, she just stepped on the gas...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.