me( 04 wrx cobb stage 2) vs 2006 cvic SI - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on me( 04 wrx cobb stage 2) vs 2006 cvic SI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; good god thats a lot more than my 4eat did stock and prob 20 less than my stg 2...

good god thats a lot more than my 4eat did stock and prob 20 less than my stg 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hows the auto treatin ya?
    06 OBP WRX
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by Gloveperson
    I was just looking at clubrsx.com 05 dynos and it seems the average I/H/E+tuning was making about 213~ WHP. I believe they put around 180 WHP stock.
    I've been trolling the forums as well and i've been seeing ~200-205 whp with I/H/E. Also, a majority of the dynos are on dynojets which tend to read generously.

gotta love 200 hp...and like 140 ft'lbs tq.
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    gotta love 200 hp...and like 140 ft'lbs tq.
    I dont get your signature.
    06 OBP WRX
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by Gloveperson
    I was just looking at clubrsx.com 05 dynos and it seems the average I/H/E+tuning was making about 213~ WHP. I believe they put around 180 WHP stock.
    While they may read that high, unless they have a bone stock dyno plot on the same dyno, those numbers aren't really an indication of anything. But if they have both stock and modded sheets from the same dyno then you can say exactly, to a degree anyway, how well those mods work.

Either way, it doesn't matter to me, I don't think about racing Civics, lol.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex
    I dont buy it-- someone find me a modded 06 si to race--

Sport Compact Car had a supercharged 06 Si built by hasport that only ran a low 14 in the 1/4. The was with a custom Hondata ECU too.

an 06 Si with a I/E and a tune is not gonna make 40hp
    I thought we were talking about fi Si's, my fault.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    While they may read that high, unless they have a bone stock dyno plot on the same dyno, those numbers aren't really an indication of anything. But if they have both stock and modded sheets from the same dyno then you can say exactly, to a degree anyway, how well those mods work.

Either way, it doesn't matter to me, I don't think about racing Civics, lol.
    Funny thing is that at the track i go to there are alot of fast civics, one trapping at 126mph last time i went that was street driven to the track.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    Funny thing is that at the track i go to there are alot of fast civics, one trapping at 126mph last time i went that was street driven to the track.
    Why is that funny? The point of my post was that unless you have a before and after dyno plot, the dyno numbers don't mean anything. A dyno is a tool for tuning and seeing how well mods worked, not for bench racing. I don't care for the Civics at your track, yes I know there are plenty of fast ones, but no one was talking about civics that trap at 126, they were talking about Civics with I/H/E. Pay attention...
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

So nobody has actually raced a 06' civic si? with their wrx?

lol Well, I ran one through 1st and 2nd gear then he gave up. Not really a good indicator though. Stage 2 you should spank him.
    '04 STI WRB,FP Green'ed and Protuned. (Gone )

366.7whp/374.1wtq @20psi on 92 octane

Quote Originally Posted by bballer018
    So nobody has actually raced a 06' civic si? with their wrx?
    I ran one on the highway a few times.. But thats not a fair assessment since I'm running a vf39. Needless to say he got waxed bad.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    I ran one on the highway a few times.. But thats not a fair assessment since I'm running a vf39. Needless to say he got waxed bad.

been there done that as well and I was only running wastegate boost.

Quote Originally Posted by prspect06
    I've been trolling the forums as well and i've been seeing ~200-205 whp with I/H/E. Also, a majority of the dynos are on dynojets which tend to read generously.

Check out this months Sport Compact Car. It has two friends running EG hatch civics. The one guy did a Kseries RSX-S engine swap with i/h/e and tuning and he put down exactly those numbers according to the mag--205whp and 140ft/lbs torque. The mag says that translates for a 14.2 in the qauarter--- slightly faster than stock 2.0ltr WRX territory. Good stage 2 drivers are putting down close to a second faster than that.

whoever on clubRSX said that they are hitting 215-220whp with those mods either has a freak car or a generous dyno.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex
    whoever on clubRSX said that they are hitting 215-220whp with those mods either has a freak car or a generous dyno.
    Or is currently runing brain stage 0.
    06 OBP WRX
    New England F4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12