WRX vs. 04 Cobra
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs. 04 Cobra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I had a late night taco bell craving, so I had to go bc theres no denying a tb craving ...

WRX vs. 04 Cobra

I had a late night taco bell craving, so I had to go bc theres no denying a tb craving at 12:30 at night. On my way back, I pulled out onto the street out in the middle of nowhere where there were no other cars or people, and he immidiatly jumped it and got me by about a car, but I was in 3rd at 3k rpms and was still handling my tacos. We then got a light and he said he wanted to go from a stop, that was fine with me. I got about 2 cars on him through 1st and 2nd, and held him off untill the top of 3rd, those cars are crazy up top, but all in all it was a good run.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Eww i know there straight NASTY once they get movin GROSS!
    Fp18g, Txs RFL
    650cc PE Injectors, Walb 255 Fp3" TBE, Perrin Inlet Hose, UteC, HeliX uppipe,Stock Tmic
    STock Clutch , Stock 5 Speedn
    STI ShortBloCK 265whp 300tq @17psi Still DETUNED
    13.1 @104 Slipping Clutch

And once they are modded, "Forget about it!"
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

nice. there was a silver mustang that wanted to race me in milpitas. MILPITAS!! if you don't know that place is filled with cops. so he decided to showoff and gun it. about 30 seconds later, he was on the side of the road asking "what seems to be the problem officer", while i casually drove by

got to admit those things can move though

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBugEye
    nice. there was a silver mustang that wanted to race me in milpitas. MILPITAS!! if you don't know that place is filled with cops. so he decided to showoff and gun it. about 30 seconds later, he was on the side of the road asking "what seems to be the problem officer", while i casually drove by

got to admit those things can move though
    Nice one, "Was I driving too fast officer?"

What a dumb @$$
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

yeah i just drove by laughing like crazy

Quote Originally Posted by dcpatters
    And once they are modded, "Forget about it!"
    Modding potential for 03/04 Cobras is about as good as it gets. You can get 700whp out of a bolt on turbo kit.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

You can get 700whp out of a bolt on turbo kit.
    Christ...
    <| 04 Java Black Pearl WRX |>
    |<>| Perrin Dual Tip Catback Exhaust
    |<>| Perrin Catted Downpipe |<>| Perrin Up-pipe
    |<>| K&N Short Ram Intake |<>| Cobb AP Stg 2
    |<>| 17'' ADR Design Wheels, Ventus HR II Tires, Blizzaks on stock rims for snow |<>|

Some guy around here had like an exhaust/aftercooler/pulley upgrade and claimed over 500 at the wheels. .Don't know much about them, but they sound sick and are fast as a greased turd in a loose hole.
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    Some guy around here had like an exhaust/aftercooler/pulley upgrade and claimed over 500 at the wheels. .Don't know much about them, but they sound sick and are fast as a greased turd in a loose hole.
    I highly doubt he got 500 rwhp with those mods, unless he convienently forgot about N2O. In order for 03/04 Cobras to get to 500 rwhp (w/o N2O), they will either have to go with whipple or KB.
    Last edited by 03EBZ06; 07-22-2006 at 09:57 PM. Reason: typo
    N/A -- 11.9@119 1.911 60' w/street radials
    N2O -- 11.3@126 1.820 60' w/street radials

Yeah, he seemed like the bs type. His car was fast though, and Of course I was in my friggin truck, so no runnies. Sounded as good as three lesbians calling me into a room of pillows and feathers.
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by rex=my_life
    Modding potential for 03/04 Cobras is about as good as it gets. You can get 700whp out of a bolt on turbo kit.
    That's nothing. Most Cobras can take 750 rwhp on the stock block & internals, and I have seen a couple of turbo Cobras at over 850 and even one over 900 with just the TT kit and nothing else done. Now that is mean, and damn I miss mine.

As for the guy claiming 500 rwhp, he either didn't tell you all the mods, like a ported blower, just straight up lied, like the guy who told me yesterday he had a Roush Stage 3 engine upgrade into a 5.4 with a Cobra bottom end (which is a 4.6) and putting out around 450 without a blower. Too bad it was a stock 4.6 block with a plastic-chrome cover on the engine Or the dude just got on a wicked high reading dyno that was non-sae corrected and doesn't know any better.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Nuh, Uh

My story is even better.....Supra's can get 900-1000rwhp on the stock bottom end. I even have a mag around here somewhere wherein a guy has over 900hp at the wheels on a stock 2jz-gte block and heads with over 300k miles on it.

And all you have to do is Big Exhaust/Big Turbo/Big Injectors and tuning.

Not to mention srt-4's are 500hp at the front left wheel from the factory.

Oh, and as far as the cobra with 500whp around here, I hear he has a sneaky pete nitrous kit. So maybe he is counting that as an additional 50-75hp.
    Last edited by StupidMan; 07-24-2006 at 06:53 AM.
    stupidman has spoken

Registered User Cobra Commander's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rex=my_life
    I had a late night taco bell craving, so I had to go bc theres no denying a tb craving at 12:30 at night. On my way back, I pulled out onto the street out in the middle of nowhere where there were no other cars or people, and he immidiatly jumped it and got me by about a car, but I was in 3rd at 3k rpms and was still handling my tacos. We then got a light and he said he wanted to go from a stop, that was fine with me. I got about 2 cars on him through 1st and 2nd, and held him off untill the top of 3rd, those cars are crazy up top, but all in all it was a good run.

What town are you in?
    99 SVT Cobra

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.