06 WRX vs Z4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 WRX vs Z4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This morning a z4 was riding my a$$ on an on ramp...and he pulled up next to me and punched ...

06 WRX vs Z4

This morning a z4 was riding my a$$ on an on ramp...and he pulled up next to me and punched it, so i downshifted from 3rd to 2nd and punched it...the incident began at 30mph from the exit ramp, and by the time i hit 100 i was already several several cars lengths in front. i slowed down to 70 and he pulled up next to me, we exchanged respectful nods, and we went our own ways
    06 OBP WRX
    New England F4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice run.. I haven't had a chance to run one of those yet..

I seem to get alot of cars riding my A$$ alot. even tho they can pass me they stay behind me right on my bumper just trying to get me to race.. Really getting tired of those civics with fart can mufflers from k-mart running up on me expecting me to race them..
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    Nice run.. I haven't had a chance to run one of those yet..

I seem to get alot of cars riding my A$$ alot. even tho they can pass me they stay behind me right on my bumper just trying to get me to race.. Really getting tired of those civics with fart can mufflers from k-mart running up on me expecting me to race them..
    LOL i don't even bother with civics and other crap mobiles, like a jetta that was trying to race me yesterday. But the z4 is a small car with the famous 3.0 liter BMW I6, nothing to laugh about..
    06 OBP WRX
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by kingypoo
    LOL i don't even bother with civics and other crap mobiles, like a jetta that was trying to race me yesterday. But the z4 is a small car with the famous 3.0 liter BMW I6, nothing to laugh about..

I luv BMW's Not a fan of the looks of the Z3 but the Z4 isnt to bad. But the M cars..
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

are you stock? The Z4 is def a quick car def equal to a stock 06 wrx from a roll.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    are you stock? The Z4 is def a quick car def equal to a stock 06 wrx from a roll.
    Yup 100%
    06 OBP WRX
    New England F4

i raced a 2002 M coupe hatchback upside down ***** looking car. 314hp 3.2l I6.

raced him from a 60mph roll, he jumped and i followed, kicked his ass pretty good

raced a 2005/2006 M3 from a 15mph roll, i was about 3 cars back when he floored it, by time i downshifted and punched it he was 5 cars ahead. pulled him in and past him around 100-105mph. driver looked something like this

its always funny with you beat an M car. the owners are left shocked and baffled. and i still have the stock td04 turbo
    Anthony

pimpin all over the world

damn thats good !! i wanna race a BMW M3 so bad!! cause when i got mine 2006 wrx tr before that car beat me but now i gotta 2006 STi stage 2 Protuned (306awhp) and i know i would be a different story

Quote Originally Posted by 305wrxPIMP
    damn thats good !! i wanna race a BMW M3 so bad!! cause when i got mine 2006 wrx tr before that car beat me but now i gotta 2006 STi stage 2 Protuned (306awhp) and i know i would be a different story
    I never raced an M3 but I test drove that thing before I bought '06 STI. I'd say stock M3 has an edge over stock STI. STI's power drops after 6K RPM but M3 kept on going all the way up to 8K.

Current M3 (and Z4 M roadster) are straight 6 with 333HP. The next M3 will have 2 more cylinders...

Quote Originally Posted by taz1004
    Current M3 (and Z4 M roadster) are straight 6 with 333HP. The next M3 will have 2 more cylinders...

M roadster is 330 hp ...For some reason, they lost 3 hp from the M3 engine. Oh yeah, they said it was b/c of a more restrictive exhaust.

Old thread.

I know this is an older thread, but yesterday on the way home from school.. I was at a stop light with a Ford Probe 6 cyl. He revved, I knew that he would be a joke.. but there was an M3 behind me at the light. I passed the probe, and went to the next lane.. the M3 pulled up, and we hit a stop light. He was about 1/3 of a car ahead of me before we launched... I didn't know if he was going to punch it or not. He did punch it, so I punched it... had him by about 1 car... up to about 80mph. Then he caught up with me.. we were about neck to neck at 120. He slowed to 60, so we went from a roll from 60... he had me by about 1 car up to 120. I'm not very good at going from a roll with the awd, it's kind of new to me.. so I don't know if I should have been ahead of him or not. Not bragging... but I was suprised that stage 2 would hang with the m3. I have an 06' TR stage 2. The short shifter is what makes the stage 2 work.
    AP Stage 2- 2006 WRX TR (WRB)

Other cars:

1996 Honda Accord
    1965 Buick Skylark GS

I have a friend that has a Z4 that I'd like to have a run with sometime. I'd imagine he'd probably take me as I'm bone stock 04; but it'd be fun at least. Haven't seen him for quite some time though as I'm never in his area and vice versa.
    Not related but yesterday some guy in a chevy diesel was being a bit overly-aggressive in normal traffic when he merged onto the freeway behind me. He wasn't trying to race but he was just being rude as everyone else was driving normally (including myself). Anyway, we turned and got to the stoplight at an intersection where about after 200 feet the two lanes close to one. He gets beside me thinking he was going to blow past me and be in front. Needless to say I proved him wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SCWRX View Post
    M roadster is 330 hp ...For some reason, they lost 3 hp from the M3 engine. Oh yeah, they said it was b/c of a more restrictive exhaust.
    315*? and i believe it was from the intake
    '06 wrx wr-blue

I guess it's the thing for the Z4 drivers to do. I was being tailgated by one of those on an open freeway, being in the 2nd lane from the right. I could've had the chance, but on that day, I just wanted to cruise. So I looked at my rear view mirror and acknowledged him and signaled him to go around me. I was annoyed, but I wasn't in the mood for any of that either.

Quote Originally Posted by speedDman1 View Post
    315*? and i believe it was from the intake
    It's 330 bhp for the Z4 M.
    Last edited by Me&05WRX; 02-04-2007 at 10:36 AM.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

I Support ClubWRX
    Mmm...Z4 M. Such a great car.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.