06 WRX vs Z4 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 06 WRX vs Z4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Me&05WRX It's 330 bhp for the Z4 M. Sorry about the confusion, I thought people were still ...

Quote Originally Posted by Me&05WRX View Post
    It's 330 bhp for the Z4 M.
    Sorry about the confusion, I thought people were still talking about the Z3 M.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRXforME View Post
    I know this is an older thread, but yesterday on the way home from school.. I was at a stop light with a Ford Probe 6 cyl. He revved, I knew that he would be a joke.. but there was an M3 behind me at the light. I passed the probe, and went to the next lane.. the M3 pulled up, and we hit a stop light. He was about 1/3 of a car ahead of me before we launched... I didn't know if he was going to punch it or not. He did punch it, so I punched it... had him by about 1 car... up to about 80mph. Then he caught up with me.. we were about neck to neck at 120. He slowed to 60, so we went from a roll from 60... he had me by about 1 car up to 120. I'm not very good at going from a roll with the awd, it's kind of new to me.. so I don't know if I should have been ahead of him or not. Not bragging... but I was suprised that stage 2 would hang with the m3. I have an 06' TR stage 2. The short shifter is what makes the stage 2 work.
    an m3 would be a little bit faster than a stage 2 i think. As for the z4 getting beat, that shouldn't be that big of a deal, even the 3.0s spectacular, i mean, for $40k plus, they are pretty slow, it's about as fast as a stock 2006 wrx. His only advantage would be no turbo lag, but other than that, your car was faster. nice kill.

I want a Z4 M coupe.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Kinda off topic but still about BMW's. Anyone remember the Z8. What ever happened to that car. Wasn't it only a 1 or 2 year production with like only 500 made. What motor and what hp was it? I froget. I haven't followed any BMW's for a few years now.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by blackzwrx View Post
    Kinda off topic but still about BMW's. Anyone remember the Z8. What ever happened to that car. Wasn't it only a 1 or 2 year production with like only 500 made. What motor and what hp was it? I froget. I haven't followed any BMW's for a few years now.
    The Z8 makes me feel funny where my bathing suit covers.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

yeah, the z8 was great. it was a 3 year run i think. it had 394 HP @ 6,600 rpm; 368 ft lb. it was a 4.9 liter v8. they were wicked.

i still want a m5... yummy 7 speed tranny 500hp yummy
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by stick-shift View Post
    an m3 would be a little bit faster than a stage 2 i think. As for the z4 getting beat, that shouldn't be that big of a deal, even the 3.0s spectacular, i mean, for $40k plus, they are pretty slow, it's about as fast as a stock 2006 wrx. His only advantage would be no turbo lag, but other than that, your car was faster. nice kill.
    It depends on the race, my friend has an 02 stage I wrx, with just a cobb reflash and he runs his boss who has a chipped geared exhaust E46 M3, from a dig my friend holds him off till 70mph then the M3 just blows by him. They have raced a few times with the same outcome and both of them road race their cars at pocono so they know how to drive, i believe his boss even went to driving school to be able to push the car to its limits. I would imagine a stage 2 wrx would hold an E46 M3 off with his mods up until 80-85mph and if the M3 was stock i think a stage II wrx could hold it off to nearly 100mph, then the M3 would drive on by. I ran a 13.6@100mph, most stock E46 M3s run right around those times maybe a few tenths quicker and trap around 103-105mph so its a close race up to 100mph for a stage 2 wrx.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by stick-shift View Post
    Depends on what type of race it is, I beat him from a dig for awhile, and after.. it was neck to neck. From a roll, he had me by about a car or so.
    AP Stage 2- 2006 WRX TR (WRB)

Other cars:

1996 Honda Accord
    1965 Buick Skylark GS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.