05 sti vs 350z
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 05 sti vs 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; okay i was going home on the freeway and i noticed a purple headlight coming up from behind. Then we ...

05 sti vs 350z

okay i was going home on the freeway and i noticed a purple headlight coming up from behind. Then we went beside me it was a 350 z not sure what year it was. He had bodykits and exhaust not sure what else he had. But anyways he wanted to race. At first i just ignored him. then he kept on going beside me and slowing down so i was like wtf .... so i had it with him now its on.... so i slowed down to like 60 then downshift.... i heard him downshift also.. man o man i was like 3 -4 cars in front of him.. then he wanted to do it again.. same result... by the way my sti is stock. so far he's my second kill since i had my sti.. my first was a m3 the newer body style.. man i love these car.. planning to get a accessport and tbe and downpipe..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i swear every other DB around here has a new z..and they are definatly big and slow stock. Not to say they do not have potential.
    If you ever go back in time, dont touch anything.

2005 STi
    Cobb Ap Stage Two/ Cobb Suspension Stage one.

nice kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabewillwin
    i swear every other DB around here has a new z..and they are definatly big and slow stock. Not to say they do not have potential.
    hey your in san diego maybe we should hangout. im new to the subaru scene.. maybe u can give me some pointers...

PM sent
    If you ever go back in time, dont touch anything.

2005 STi
    Cobb Ap Stage Two/ Cobb Suspension Stage one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabewillwin
    Slow? Nah i wouldn't say that, the latest model year 350Z could keep up with a stock STI from a roll. They trap over 100mph
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Nice kill. And just so you know, a downpipe is included in a turbo back setup

From a roll, it'd be a good race.

All the 06's have 300hp and the 7000 rpm rev-up motor. I think you ran into an 03-05.

Its hard to extract power from our cars

Quote Originally Posted by Z Boy
    From a roll, it'd be a good race.

All the 06's have 300hp and the 7000 rpm rev-up motor. I think you ran into an 03-05.

I thought the new ones weighed more and made less torque making them the same?

Also, what did the 03-05 rev to?
    04 Silver STi M6

Quote Originally Posted by Gloveperson
    I thought the new ones weighed more and made less torque making them the same?

Also, what did the 03-05 rev to?
    Although they weigh more, and have less torque, the 06's have better top-end(tested this out with a couple of my 03-05 Z buddies)

The 03-05's rev up to 6600 RPM.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Those cars are pretty lame, IMO. Good kill. STi's aren't freeway beasts, either, though. Get some mods.
    2003 SRT-4

your first kill was an e46 m3? i thought those were faster than stis from a roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Z Boy
    TT FTW.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScstealthVR6
    your first kill was an e46 m3? i thought those were faster than stis from a roll.
    They should be...stock for stock, anyway. The few STi's I've messed with from high speed rolls (70+) have been total pushovers. Granted, I've been driving cars that trap 110+, but still. Lucky for most of us, I think people forget about where the AWD truly shines...
    2003 SRT-4

Most 350z are slow (in a way). The 06's come with 300hp and are a little bit faster than the older ones. I got an 03 base model 350z (weighs 3150lbs) and i have creamed many other 350z's on the road. I think the fastest 350z's out there are the basic models without all the junk and options. I have seen as high as 104-105mph traps stock, but usually around 101-102mph's.

heres the pic of my new whip (i still have my R32 and the WRX(sti-ed).

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...40680556MQyOgT
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast