05 sti vs 350z - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 05 sti vs 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What are your mods? If your stage 2 or up I believe it. If not probably a bad Z driver ...

What are your mods? If your stage 2 or up I believe it. If not probably a bad Z driver (which their are alot of unfortunately).

Coming from someone who has owned both a WRX and a Z I don't think anything less than a stage 2 wrx could beat the Z with equal talent drivers.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 08-03-2006 at 10:59 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jireh_69
    nice bro! i have 05 wrx just basic bolt ons.. and sum kid on a Z was reving beside me.. 1rst race! smoke him 2nd race smoked him again... 3rd race Gave him head starts. SMOKE him Again and again... lol hahaha Z's are tight but once they start to mess around with Subys, they're gona get burn...
    hey man, im from SC too! went to santa cruz high, i live on upper west side. whats your rex look like? i go back a few times a year, if u see a black 66 cobra driving aroud with a young guy that's me in the kit car i built with dad and bro. i know there's not too many wrx's in sc so i've prob seen yours. wanna race of thanksgiving for slips

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    What are your mods? If your stage 2 or up I believe it. If not probably a bad Z driver (which their are alot of unfortunately).

Coming from someone who has owned both a WRX and a Z I don't think anything less than a stage 2 wrx could beat the Z with equal talent drivers.

its a sti not a wrx
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333

+1
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    its a sti not a wrx
    I was refering to jireh_69, did he mean STi?
    Last edited by cavallino333; 08-04-2006 at 09:23 AM.
    FORZA FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Micah
    When I play with someone on the street, I typically only make runs up to the speed limit, or slightly above (5-25mph over). I don't see the point in bragging that you start pulling away at 125mph, at that point it's more a matter of RWD pwning AWD's driveline losses at high speed. What is your quarter mile time and trap speed? I'm curious what times you are getting when you are running near the 500WHP mark. For me, it's all about the ratio of spending-to-speed. That's why my Z is stock, and my WRX is not.

Please post engine bay pics, modlist, and dyno sheets.
    My best time was a 12.02X @ 118. But the best timeslip i can find is ummm 12.1XX. its on my cardomain. www.cardomain.com/id/vsilverstreakv . and thats probably the dumbest thing ive ever heard... uhhh yeah i race from 5-25mph whoever gets the jump wins. cool man. im not here to flame or anything, im just sticking up for my Z bro's haha. Some of my good friends own sti's so its not like i hate them or anything.. i dynod 458RWHP on a dynojet and i have hit 469RWHP on the same dyno a different day. my friends stock Z hit 236RWHP on the first time i posted.. and on the 2nd time we went he 237RWHP. My mods are Turbonetics ST at 9.3psi, Full set of Unorthadox racing pulleys. ACT clutch, Zex W/IC sprayer. Fully customed exhaust. catless and strait turboback, with an invidia rear. Utec(helped alot),PS, and alot of experience racing. any of the locals here in WA are more then welcome to come see the car... And on my cardomain, i haven't updated the pics of mods since i first got turbo... i'll update some other time down the road when im not so lazy

Quote Originally Posted by FromAdig
    uhhh yeah i race from 5-25mph whoever gets the jump wins.
    5-25 over the speedlimit is where I try to shut down, it's a matter of safety, I'm not trying to kill anyone, cause an accident, or get a ticket. If it's a good stretch of open road and I'm sure there aren't any cops, then I might hit 120-130, but those times are rare.

I've had 16 points on my license, got none left now, not in a rush to put any back on.

Kudos to you for racing on the track, it's the only place it really matters anyway.
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

Quote Originally Posted by Micah
    5-25 over the speedlimit is where I try to shut down, it's a matter of safety, I'm not trying to kill anyone, cause an accident, or get a ticket. If it's a good stretch of open road and I'm sure there aren't any cops, then I might hit 120-130, but those times are rare.

I've had 16 points on my license, got none left now, not in a rush to put any back on.

Kudos to you for racing on the track, it's the only place it really matters anyway.
    ok glad your a safe driver. i dont keep all of my racing on the track, but i do try to keep it safe as possible.. aka not doing 120 down a 35mph street. i have done it before... but im actually slowing down alot more these days... guess i matured going from 18 to 19 years old... HAHA then goin on 20 in a little bit here...
    -drive safe

Quote Originally Posted by FromAdig
    ok glad your a safe driver. i dont keep all of my racing on the track, but i do try to keep it safe as possible.. aka not doing 120 down a 35mph street. i have done it before... but im actually slowing down alot more these days... guess i matured going from 18 to 19 years old... HAHA then goin on 20 in a little bit here...
    -drive safe
    Damn I feel old.

I'm 29, when I was 20 I was very reckless. Hit-and-Run accidents galore, lots of racing, even got myself accidentally airborne in my camaro a few times (though last year I did the same thing with my Z off some railroad tracks while racing an m3). That's good that you are already starting to calm down. The biggest things I've learned are as follows:

1. Never implicitly trust someones indicator lamps, keep your distance.
    2. Trust your eyes first, and your radar detector second. (Those brake lights ahead mean something)
    3. Cruising at high speed exponentially increases your chances of getting caught. Do what you gotta do and then get back to an acceptable speed.
    4. Don't speed at night near the woods, deer suck.

Other than that, I'm still a bit of a jackass behind the wheel at times.

well i seen at the track 2 350s' racing against each other 2 times the same ones and one of there best time was a 14.8.
    http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...gAnch=imgAnch1

Click up there ^^^^^^^^ my 13.1 Stg. 2 arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by qUicKnesS05
    well i seen at the track 2 350s' racing against each other 2 times the same ones and one of there best time was a 14.8.

Crappy drivers. A stock Z is capable of running high 13's stock with a good driver. Theres alot of WRX's that get a much higher time than the car is truly capable of too. Every car has more than enough crappy drivers.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 08-04-2006 at 04:27 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by project_skyline
    You can throw turbo kits on stock motors for 450-500 hp what are you talking about!
    I'm talking with just bolt-ons and a tune. A turbo kit can cost $6-7 g's.

Quote Originally Posted by qUicKnesS05
    Then they are probably half brain dead.

The Z is not incredibly hard to launch and to manage a 14.8 from the car, you would have to be a REALLY bad driver. That is about on par with a wrx that ran a 15.1 which is just pitiful.

A Z is easily capable of 13's with a good driver... Even my friend who is a "so-so" driver was able to get his car into a 14.2 with some spinning. Had he nailed the launch and shifted a bit faster a 13.9X would have been in the cards for him.
    A guy that roams these boards by the name of Brian from the Chicago Land area ran a 13.7 with his stock Z and that was with an 03' which is not the 300hp revup motor. Granted, he is known to be a phenominal driver, but he demonstrates what the car is capable of.
    Last edited by DTR rex; 08-05-2006 at 12:06 PM.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Then they are probably half brain dead.

The Z is not incredibly hard to launch and to manage a 14.8 from the car, you would have to be a REALLY bad driver. That is about on par with a wrx that ran a 15.1 which is just pitiful.

A Z is easily capable of 13's with a good driver... Even my friend who is a "so-so" driver was able to get his car into a 14.2 with some spinning. Had he nailed the launch and shifted a bit faster a 13.9X would have been in the cards for him.
    A guy that roams these boards by the name of Brian from the Chicago Land area ran a 13.7 with his stock Z and that was with an 03' which is not the 300hp revup motor. Granted, he is known to be a phenominal driver, but he demonstrates what the car is capable of.
    +1

Unfortunately I think alot of Z drivers are the "omgz look how big my chrome rims are" kind of people. On a alot of the Z forums you see people with 20's, scissor doors and a trunk stuffed with subs. Not exactly you performance minded drivers. I certainly don't mean all are this way there are many exceptions including me .
    FORZA FERRARI

My first post will be a video..

Not a fan of mikes music but whatever enjoy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kRvLWqIlis

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast