05 sti vs 350z - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 05 sti vs 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; nice kill!!!!!...

nice kill!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the kill on the m3 wasnt from a roll.. It was on a stop light.

Quote Originally Posted by StoplightWarrior
    Those cars are pretty lame, IMO. Good kill. STi's aren't freeway beasts, either, though. Get some mods.
    why do you say so?

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Z Boy
    why do you say so?
    It's all relative...relative to other cars in their price range, they can't compete. You can buy a better handling, faster, or more practical car for the money. If you just like the way they look, go ahead and buy one, but on paper, the rational decision never leads to the purchase of a 350z.

But then again, I must just be a retard who knows nothing about cars, right? Not like I've owned 10 sports cars in the last 7 years or something...

at the end of the day, you're the guy driving the car that can't out accelerate a mustang or camaro, and will get lapped by an STi or EVO on the road course. Or, you could have bought a used c5 and accomplished both feats.
    2003 SRT-4

my friends trying to claim that with intake and exhaust a 350z will make 290whp. Is this correct? i dont know much about 350z's but im wondering how responsive these cars are to mods.

Quote Originally Posted by evothis
    my friends trying to claim that with intake and exhaust a 350z will make 290whp. Is this correct? i dont know much about 350z's but im wondering how responsive these cars are to mods.
    www.350zmotoring.com - ask them

personally, I doubt it. Most dyno graphs I've seen show stock at around 236rwhp and roughly the same ft/lb of torque. Unless you go forced induction, the bolt on's don't make a ton of power. Plenum spacer, JWT intake, test pipes, and exhaust don't seem to add quite as much power as people expect. I frequently see people on the Z forums that add these bolt on's then later sell them off as they decide to go with a supercharged or turbocharged setup.

However, I'm not saying it's impossible. There is a sweet yet ungodly priced ITB setup which has recently been released, I suppose by some stretch of the imagination you could call that a part of the intake - so yeah, if you could do a less restrictive exhaust (and the stocker ain't too bad), and add the ITB's with some tuning, then maybe you could see 290whp.... when pigs fly.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

This is my friends account an he has an STi.
    I gotta stick up for my fellow Z owners. Not all 350Z's are slow, nor do they have 0 potential. Ive yet to lose to an STi from a dig or from a highway roll. i raced a heavily modded STI (i think he said 400-450WHP) on the freeway and pulled away slowly, and at top end it was alot less of a competition. Then we pulled over and talked a little, and raced from a dig with slicks(my Z) and he got me till about 125 or so STi's and Z's cant be evenly compared... but when i see an STi thats powerful, i always give them props. Here is my Z, Before the ring leak i was TRYING to reach 500WHP but i came up short by 30WHP or so, with the built block i should have well over 500

Quote Originally Posted by FromAdig
    I gotta stick up for my fellow Z owners. Not all 350Z's are slow, nor do they have 0 potential. Ive yet to lose to an STi from a dig or from a highway roll. i raced a heavily modded STI (i think he said 400-450WHP) on the freeway and pulled away slowly, and at top end it was alot less of a competition. Then we pulled over and talked a little, and raced from a dig with slicks(my Z) and he got me till about 125 or so STi's and Z's cant be evenly compared... but when i see an STi thats powerful, i always give them props. Here is my Z, Before the ring leak i was TRYING to reach 500WHP but i came up short by 30WHP or so, with the built block i should have well over 500

people mean potential when you dont have to spend a crapload of money to make it quick. You can put a crapload of money into anything and make it fast.
    if you guys want real potential . EVOOOO

i havent had an actual expirience with a revup z yet but 03-05 are slow off a roll. Friend has an 06 z but i havent been able to mess around with it. From cars his beat they do seem to be faster. He has some mods now. Other friend had a 04 z and that thing was gaining NOTHING from like 5k of mods.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

In the Z's defense, they're definately one of the sexiest cars on the road.
    03 wrb WRX
    Power- Cobb Stage 2 w/ TXS stealthback, 06 axleback, and 07 catless uppipe
    Handling- Eibach Springs, Perrin Rear Sway Bar, Perrin Rear Sway Mounts, Perrin Rear Endlinks, STi strut bars
    Cosmetics- cf wing risers, pink "i" badge, yellow fogs, STI CF side markers, tints, tail lights,

Quote Originally Posted by BONES1672
    In the Z's defense, they're definately one of the sexiest cars on the road.
    yep, that's why I own it. Beautiful to drive. Everything is just where I want it.
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

When I play with someone on the street, I typically only make runs up to the speed limit, or slightly above (5-25mph over). I don't see the point in bragging that you start pulling away at 125mph, at that point it's more a matter of RWD pwning AWD's driveline losses at high speed. What is your quarter mile time and trap speed? I'm curious what times you are getting when you are running near the 500WHP mark. For me, it's all about the ratio of spending-to-speed. That's why my Z is stock, and my WRX is not.

Please post engine bay pics, modlist, and dyno sheets.

I love Zs. I'm a Z fanatic, but the Z33 isn't the sexiest Z. That honor goes to great great grandpa....

The shape, lines and curves of the 1stgen Zs are just pure sex.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

yep, i'm going to have to agree there.

I just touched my tra la la.

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Z Boy
    From a roll, it'd be a good race.

All the 06's have 300hp and the 7000 rpm rev-up motor. I think you ran into an 03-05.

Its hard to extract power from our cars
    You can throw turbo kits on stock motors for 450-500 hp what are you talking about!

lol

nice bro! i have 05 wrx just basic bolt ons.. and sum kid on a Z was reving beside me.. 1rst race! smoke him 2nd race smoked him again... 3rd race Gave him head starts. SMOKE him Again and again... lol hahaha Z's are tight but once they start to mess around with Subys, they're gona get burn...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast