what kind of 1/4 times should i be getting?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on what kind of 1/4 times should i be getting? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm running a cobb stage 2, but also have a 6spd jdm sti tranny. It pulls a lot better with ...

what kind of 1/4 times should i be getting?

I'm running a cobb stage 2, but also have a 6spd jdm sti tranny. It pulls a lot better with the better gearing, so I'm wondering what I should get in a 1/4.

I know, i should take it to the track, but where I live, the nearest track is about 200km's away. If anyone has mods similar to mine, i'd like to hear some stories.

power Mods:
    catless uppipe
    3 inch turboback exhaust
    cobb stage 2 map on 93 octane
    6spd jdm sti tranny
    fuzion zri 225/45/17 tires

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i'm guessing you have a 02-05 since you said that your uppipe is catless. anyways, last time i went to wednesday night drags, there was a stage 2 rex that was consistenly hitting mid-high 13's. don't know how much experience you have at the track, so i'm guessing you should aim for something close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBugEye
    i'm guessing you have a 02-05 since you said that your uppipe is catless. anyways, last time i went to wednesday night drags, there was a stage 2 rex that was consistenly hitting mid-high 13's. don't know how much experience you have at the track, so i'm guessing you should aim for something close to that.
    +1 If you are a good driver. Low to mid 14's if you aren't.

That 6 speed will be great for road and auto-x courses, but it can potentially slow you down in the quarter mile if you are not a 300 millisecond shifter. And even if you are, it is doubtful the better gearing will gain back what you lose with that 3/10ths for the extra shift.

So that is my long winded way of saying mid-high 13's. Potentially low 13's if you are just the most kick ass person on planet earth
    Peace
    stupidman has spoken

Thanks for the replies, I've only taken it on a autocross type of track, and man it's great for that. Haven't tested it in a 1/4 mile, but then again i'm not sure if i want to pay to go to the track and launch my car all day. I rarely launched on my 5spd tranny and that thing broke on me twice.

So that's why I got the sti one, supposed to be a lot stronger.

maybe it's time for a turbo upgrade :P

btw, i'm driving an 02 wrx.

Yep, you have the proper transvestite now, so it is feasible to upgrade the turbocharger now too. You will def be able to handle the powa.
    stupidman has spoken

I've Launched my 02 Tranny Since i've been tuned alot of times, knowing that it might brake but also knowing it's going to anyways and i have to upgrade and it still hasn't broken. Last weekend i launched it prolly 10 times pretty hard i dont see how people brake these tranny's so easy. It must just be luck some are good some are bad or mines just waiteing to leave me walking.
    Fp18g, Txs RFL
    650cc PE Injectors, Walb 255 Fp3" TBE, Perrin Inlet Hose, UteC, HeliX uppipe,Stock Tmic
    STock Clutch , Stock 5 Speedn
    STI ShortBloCK 265whp 300tq @17psi Still DETUNED
    13.1 @104 Slipping Clutch

sadd16, Where do you live? I seldom hear someone on this forum refer to distance in kilometers!
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

depending on how good of a driver u are, like everyone else said, i think u should be running mid 13's. I'm not even stage 2 yet and i hit 13.6 @ 99 on my rex w/ the mods in sig.
    02 Black Rex
    Mods:
    Cobb catback
    helix downpipe
    HKS uppipe
    Kartboy Short Shifter
    Blitz 2 TT/BG
    Sti Topmount
    Tein H-Tech springs
    17x7 Akuma Wheels
    Falken ZE512 Tires

I'm from Canada, that's why I refer to kilometers

My tranny went on me after 135000kms, so it held up pretty good over the years. It could have been the upgraded clutch, added power and launches that put more stress tranny which caused it to break. I couldn't be happier with the 6spd though, it just feels sooooo much better. Probably the best mod i've done to my car period.

Quote Originally Posted by sadd16
    I'm from Canada, that's why I refer to kilometers

My tranny went on me after 135000kms, so it held up pretty good over the years. It could have been the upgraded clutch, added power and launches that put more stress tranny which caused it to break. I couldn't be happier with the 6spd though, it just feels sooooo much better. Probably the best mod i've done to my car period.
    You'll be hard pressed to break the 6spd. My 6spd is holding up great with 40K kms on it now, including track/autox (lots of launching at autox) days and a drag day here or there.
    2005 Aspen White STi

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.