03 WRX stg II--- VS---06 Eclipse Anyone Anyone

This is a discussion on 03 WRX stg II--- VS---06 Eclipse Anyone Anyone within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I didn’t want this to be another “What will the out come be” threaded, but im having trouble finding info ...

03 WRX stg II--- VS---06 Eclipse Anyone Anyone

I didn’t want this to be another “What will the out come be” threaded, but im having trouble finding info on WRX runs with 06 Eclipses (V6).

Guy next door to my work has been hassling me to do a few runs since he got his new 06 Eclipse. We have never been able to find the time. Now that he has installed a new intake and exhaust he really wants to see the out come; as do I.

Not quite sure how much the intake and exhaust actually help an Eclipse but he claims he is now sitting on 300 HP.

The only things I have done to my 03 WRX are: Cobb stg II, catless uppipe, midpipe cat removed, and pulley.

He agreed to run both from a stop and a roll. So if anyone has some insight please do share. I will keep you posted as a few runs this week will be imminent. Would just like to do my 06 Eclipse home work first.

Thanks
    <<<<<<<< LOOK AT MY NAME!!! lol
    COBB stg II

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

don't those things run high 14's on a good day?

stgII wrx =

The new bubble Eclipses, have something like 260hp and FWD. They are very heavy for a "sport coupe" weighing in around 3600 lbs or so. I remeber reading a Car and Driver article saying they run low 14s trapping around 100. I think you'll be good from a stop but it'll be closer from a roll, maybe with him edging you out. Good luck and be safe.

those things are ugly.

but other than that, i agree with the other people.
    Trek mountain bike (with front AND rear suspension!)
    Zero skateboard

you will destroy him. I ran one with intake from a dig, a 40 roll, and a 60 roll.

Dig:
    I pulled like 3 cars from the get go and just kept pulling till he let off at 75mph.

40 roll:
    I pulled like 4 1/2 cars and then slowly walked him after that.

60 roll:
    I pulled like 3 cars and it was even up to about 125.

I only have the mods in my sig, i'm not even stage 2 yet (will be soon). So you should have no problem wiping the floor w/ his ass.
    02 Black Rex
    Mods:
    Cobb catback
    helix downpipe
    HKS uppipe
    Kartboy Short Shifter
    Blitz 2 TT/BG
    Sti Topmount
    Tein H-Tech springs
    17x7 Akuma Wheels
    Falken ZE512 Tires

The wrx will kill it!
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

are you running stock catback? cause there flow sucks compared to a 3 inch! my car feels much stronger!

06 Eclipse = turd

Well it looks like a mixed bag here...might find out the results either today or Friday.

To answer your question the only stock pipe left in my car is the long resonator pipe. All other cats are gone.
    COBB stg II

I believe they trap like 101-102mph which is equivalent to perfectly driven stage 2 WRX in terms of trap speed.

Unfortunately he has changed his story and is now saying he will only race on the track. That’s probably the correct and safe way to do this but I even suggested a start from a 40mph roll which would be to his advantage. Pisses me off, its like a female promising you sex but never putting out (why’d I ever get married). Hopefully he will change his mind. Perhaps I should send him some roses and chocolates.
    COBB stg II

Quote Originally Posted by jugger
    Pisses me off, its like a female promising you sex but never putting out (why’d I ever get married). Hopefully he will change his mind. Perhaps I should send him some roses and chocolates.
    hahah,

I ran one when i was cobb stage II and it wasn't even a race from the dig, I did have one ask me to run the other day but now i have my VF-34 with full supporting mods. I asked him if he had anything done other than the obviouse exhaust. He said he had an intake and some other stage II stuff, I told him i was stage 4 but if he wanted to go from a roll i would. The outcome was about what i expected.. wasn't pretty for the eclipse. i pulled very hard on him from the jump and i let off at 70 when i was already 4 cars + ahead.. we started at about 30.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by jugger
    Unfortunately he has changed his story and is now saying he will only race on the track. That’s probably the correct and safe way to do this but I even suggested a start from a 40mph roll which would be to his advantage. Pisses me off, its like a female promising you sex but never putting out (why’d I ever get married). Hopefully he will change his mind. Perhaps I should send him some roses and chocolates.
    if she cuts off teh seks, cut off the $$$.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseybacon
    06 Eclipse = turd
    Since when does 14.1 @ 101mph = turd?

By that logic the wrx is a turd as well... Including the 06.

IMO you should get him from a dig, and will be quite close from a roll.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

stock wrxs are turds.