Cobb Stage II WRX vs 2002 SS Camaro

This is a discussion on Cobb Stage II WRX vs 2002 SS Camaro within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well a friend of mine has a 2002 SS Camaro 6 speed bone stock, i have a 2005 Cobb Stage ...

Cobb Stage II WRX vs 2002 SS Camaro

Well a friend of mine has a 2002 SS Camaro 6 speed bone stock, i have a 2005 Cobb Stage II WRX. We were going to set up a race and before i hear this and that the SS is faster you have to take in account the driver mod. We both went to the track i went with a full tank of gas on a hot humid day with heavy aftermarket wheels and with 4 runs i managed a best of a 14.3@100mph i know thats a horrible time but its the first time i took the car to the track. My friend which is a girl shouldn't matter but just saying took her car to the track twice she ran 6 times and her best run was a 14.4@101mph. So we are setting up a race in the comming months. Should be a close race, i should def be in the upper 13s with a better run as should she but this just proves that if someone says they beat a LS1 with a cobb stage II wrx is very possible if the other driver isn't a "great" driver.

And i have driven her Camaro, my wrx is def faster in 1st gear and 2nd is about equal once you hit third gear the camaro pulls alot harder then the wrx. Its deceptively fast because of the torque, but its still faster then the wrx in 3rd 4th and 5th gears, but also def slower in 1st gear.
    Last edited by elohdaeh78; 07-17-2006 at 09:43 AM.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Where do you live and what is the elevation of the track?

14.4@101 for '02 SS (which is faster than previous years) is pretty slow et/trap speed. Sounds like she isn't launching well and shifting very slowly, I understand that it was very hot/humid day but she is at least full second off and ~6 mph slower than what is considered as norm for M6 SS. I've run number of low 13s passes with best trap speed of 108.7 with my bone stock M6 2000 SS.
    N/A -- 11.9@119 1.911 60' w/street radials
    N2O -- 11.3@126 1.820 60' w/street radials

Quote Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
    Where do you live and what is the elevation of the track?

14.4@101 for '02 SS (which is faster than previous years) is pretty slow et/trap speed. Sounds like she isn't launching well and shifting very slowly, I understand that it was very hot/humid day but she is at least full second off and ~6 mph slower than what is considered as norm for M6 SS. I've run number of low 13s passes with best trap speed of 108.7 with my bone stock M6 2000 SS.
    Her time is def below average but im just saying with a non perfect driver a cobb stage II wrx can beat a LS1. Sure the LS1 is still faster but not enough that a small driver mod can't beat it. Look at my time it isn't near average either for a cobb stage II wrx. I am not sure of the track elevation but another WS6 LS1 was running 14.0@100mph also. The average LS1s usually run upper 13s at 105mph or so and the better drivers get them in the mid to lower 13s at 107mph in my area.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

If she can learn to drive, she should beat you.

The fact that your wrx trapped 100mph but only ran lower 14's shows that your shifting is fine, but your launch sucks. That trap is accurate but your time should be in the higher 13's even on a humid day.

The fact that she ran low 14's and only trapped 101mph shows that not only does her launches suck, but she is shifting slow and inaccurately as well. If she can land the launch and hit the shifts the car is an easy mid-low 13's @ 105mph+.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.