my bugeye vs 04 evo vs e46 m3 vs vortech mustang vs sti
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

This is a discussion on my bugeye vs 04 evo vs e46 m3 vs vortech mustang vs sti within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i got some good races 04 Evo VIII I had a person in my car, the evo definatly had an ...

  1. #1
    Registered User DJOSRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    0

    my bugeye vs 04 evo vs e46 m3 vs vortech mustang vs sti

    i got some good races

    04 Evo VIII
    I had a person in my car, the evo definatly had an exhaust, and a wicked BOV, maybe more. We both dropped it going like 40-45 and I pulled a good car length past him, but after about 70 i couldnt lose him anymore.

    *raced without the crank pulley

    03-04 e46 m3
    I have beat a few of em, and it is always funny to see the looks on their faces. i can usually pull on them by like 8-10 car lengths when we launch, on the highway i pass them comfortably.

    02 mustang gt w/ vortech, and decked
    He had a suspension, and I had bad tires, down a semi winding road, he was falling back like 8 cars on me. those big ol v8s for nothing

    03 and 04 sti
    Pull on them so hard haha

    05 gto
    he dropped it right in front of me, we were going like 55, i hit it in third and kept coming up on hi bumper, having to slow down a bit, of course it was dense traffic. but yeh, he couldnt get away from me


    thats my hope story for all of you who have a little 2.0L w/ a stock turbo

    anyone else any good american car beatings?
    Danny
    02 WRX Stage III-IV
    Perrin GT30R coming soon
    my suby and old stang

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,593
    I Support ClubWRX
    What is your setup?

  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    s/w suburbs of chi
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    What is your setup?
    yeah i wanna know too cuz my wife's cousin has a e46 m3 and before i whoop his arrogant arse for talking so much bs, i want to whoop his arrogant arse!! i will sacrifice if i know ill be able to beat him. dont get me wrong, i like the car but he seems to think there is not really much out there that can beat him. bmw this and bmw that. even had the nerve to compare his car to a 06 zo6! arsehole! and he's stock! oh yeah nice kills, sorry for ranting

  5. #4
    Registered User Juice33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    543
    So you are destroying all of these cars with 259 awhp?

    No offense but these outcomes do not sound right at all, unless everyone can't drive besides the Evo dude.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

  6. #5
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    According your profile, you are running the stock td04 turbo with just about every supporting mod and making 270whp. 270whp on stock turbo is not possible.

    Regardless of whether or not you are on stock turbo, or even making 270whp, that is still not enough to pull on a GTO or E46 M3 from a roll.

    Judging by the lengths you claim to put on these cars, you must be already running that GT30 in your sig that says "is coming soon".
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  7. #6
    Registered User DJOSRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    According your profile, you are running the stock td04 turbo with just about every supporting mod and making 270whp. 270whp on stock turbo is not possible.

    Regardless of whether or not you are on stock turbo, or even making 270whp, that is still not enough to pull on a GTO or E46 M3 from a roll.

    Judging by the lengths you claim to put on these cars, you must be already running that GT30 in your sig that says "is coming soon".
    Yeh, Im running stock turbo, and pushin that much whp, i can crush that stock turbo, or according to the boost guage, all the way to 20psi on a cold night.

    It was tuned to 259whp @ Mach V

    Here are the supporting mods
    -Stock Turbo pushin 16.5-18psi
    -Stage 3 TurboXS UTEC professionally tuned
    -TurboXS FMIC Version1(very large hyperflow)
    -TurboXS shorty intake
    -TurboXS BOV Recirculating
    -TurboXS Up-pipe REPLACED
    -GT Spec Up-Pipe
    -ACT Stage 3 clutch with street faceplate
    - Fidanza 9lb. Aluminum flywheel
    -Pfitzner Performance Gears (PPG) 1-4 Straightcut Synchromesh Gearbox
    -GT Spec Gen II Headers
    -Helix 3" downpipe
    -Greddy Evo1 Catback exhaust
    -Tein Flex full coilovers
    -RacingBrake slotted rotors
    -EBC greenstuf brakepads
    -RS*R short shift
    -Perrin Lightweight Pulley
    -STi F/R Strut bars
    -Subaru OEM F/R Sway bars and endlinks

    She has all the supporting mods, pickin up that GT30R real soon, lookin for some killer speed
    Danny
    02 WRX Stage III-IV
    Perrin GT30R coming soon
    my suby and old stang

  8. #7
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,593
    I Support ClubWRX
    Umm ok.

  9. #8
    Registered User D0WNxSH1FT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Westchester Cnty, NY
    Posts
    6,545
    Dyno plot please?

    The evo race sounds about right, they have a much larger turbo (16G-9.8T or 16G-10.5T depending on VIII or IX) so it would take time for them to spool, catch up, and pass if it is a IX.

    Killing an M3 by 8-10 cars? It's more than likely they are letting off since a stock M3 can run w/ STi's.

    Stang on curvey roads...ok, not too far fetched. In a straight line, w/ good conditions i feel like he should be able to beat you easily, but i dont know Domestics that well.

    04/05 STi you mean? no 03 in the US. Stock STi vs Stage III WRX will be a good race from a roll, but would not destroy it by any means.

    GTO is as fast as STi's.

    I think most of these cars have stopped "racing" b/c a TD04 wrx wont walk them by more than a few lengths.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

  10. #9
    Registered User enash99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    1,375
    You must be running the GT turbo, if your sig is up to date then your still on the stock turbo? I have a VF-34 setup right now (pinks walbro255/vf34/cobbAP/STI v7 IC/UD pulley/host more of supporting mods) that is untuned for the moment.. My good friend has a srt4 stage 2 mopar w/turbo toys, with cut out DP, intake and a few other mods... We just had 2 runs tonight from 30 mph in second gear and the result was the same, He pulled 1.5 cars on me by 120mph.

    So I know where i am at with a vf-34 (estimate 250 whp untuned with cobb OTM) and if your running your stock turbo? How are you pulling on all of these cars? If you are running the GT what are your numbers with that? dyno sheet? not trying to bust ya but it doesnt seem right..
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

  11. #10
    Registered User DJOSRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    Dyno plot please?

    The evo race sounds about right, they have a much larger turbo (16G-9.8T or 16G-10.5T depending on VIII or IX) so it would take time for them to spool, catch up, and pass if it is a IX.

    Killing an M3 by 8-10 cars? It's more than likely they are letting off since a stock M3 can run w/ STi's.

    Stang on curvey roads...ok, not too far fetched. In a straight line, w/ good conditions i feel like he should be able to beat you easily, but i dont know Domestics that well.

    04/05 STi you mean? no 03 in the US. Stock STi vs Stage III WRX will be a good race from a roll, but would not destroy it by any means.

    GTO is as fast as STi's.

    I think most of these cars have stopped "racing" b/c a TD04 wrx wont walk them by more than a few lengths.

    that is possible, it is northern, va ...... not that many people push their cars here
    Danny
    02 WRX Stage III-IV
    Perrin GT30R coming soon
    my suby and old stang

  12. #11
    Registered User DJOSRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    Dyno plot please?

    The evo race sounds about right, they have a much larger turbo (16G-9.8T or 16G-10.5T depending on VIII or IX) so it would take time for them to spool, catch up, and pass if it is a IX.

    Killing an M3 by 8-10 cars? It's more than likely they are letting off since a stock M3 can run w/ STi's.

    Stang on curvey roads...ok, not too far fetched. In a straight line, w/ good conditions i feel like he should be able to beat you easily, but i dont know Domestics that well.

    04/05 STi you mean? no 03 in the US. Stock STi vs Stage III WRX will be a good race from a roll, but would not destroy it by any means.

    GTO is as fast as STi's.

    I think most of these cars have stopped "racing" b/c a TD04 wrx wont walk them by more than a few lengths.
    tight license plate by the way
    Danny
    02 WRX Stage III-IV
    Perrin GT30R coming soon
    my suby and old stang

  13. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    848
    hmm... he beat those cars... end of story, although, it is interesting.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

  14. #13
    Registered User blarg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calmer than you are
    Posts
    10,366
    uh.....





    oh, wait...were you serious?
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

  15. #14
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,593
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DJOSRS
    that is possible, it is northern, va ...... not that many people push their cars here
    So if you're racing someone that isn't racing, is it really a race? I can't put buslengths on Vipers with my Toyota pickup when they aren't racing.

  16. #15
    Registered User WRX-ERROR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Wilkes Barre, Pa
    Posts
    779
    Alot of the story I was going to call BS untill I read this..
    Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    You must be running the GT turbo, if your sig is up to date then your still on the stock turbo? I have a VF-34 setup right now (pinks walbro255/vf34/cobbAP/STI v7 IC/UD pulley/host more of supporting mods) that is untuned for the moment.. My good friend has a srt4 stage 2 mopar w/turbo toys, with cut out DP, intake and a few other mods... We just had 2 runs tonight from 30 mph in second gear and the result was the same, He pulled 1.5 cars on me by 120mph.

    So I know where i am at with a vf-34 (estimate 250 whp untuned with cobb OTM) and if your running your stock turbo? How are you pulling on all of these cars? If you are running the GT what are your numbers with that? dyno sheet? not trying to bust ya but it doesnt seem right..
    My vf39 untuned WRX just crushes stgII w/toys SRT-4. I mean from a roll I have pulled 4 cars on then easy. I can't count the number of them I have taken.

    I'm guessing my point is not every car responds to mods the sameway. Maybe he's got some big time factory freak. Who knows. But I can tell you my vf3x WRX and enash99 vf3x WRX don't seem to have the same outcome.

    As for an STi and GTO running the same. WOW you are way off. I've crushed stock STi's yet ran dead even with a i/e LS1 T/A from a roll.. And since only the 1st year of the GTO had an ls1 and they rest were an LS2 I don't see anything short of a stg2 with WI STi keeping up with a new GTO.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •