my bugeye vs 04 evo vs e46 m3 vs vortech mustang vs sti - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on my bugeye vs 04 evo vs e46 m3 vs vortech mustang vs sti within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR Alot of the story I was going to call BS untill I read this.. My vf39 ...

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    Alot of the story I was going to call BS untill I read this..

My vf39 untuned WRX just crushes stgII w/toys SRT-4. I mean from a roll I have pulled 4 cars on then easy. I can't count the number of them I have taken.

But I can tell you my vf3x WRX and enash99 vf3x WRX don't seem to have the same outcome.

How do you fig? what #'s do you have with your vf-39? SRT-4 stageII w/toys is going to put down more HP to the wheels? the wrx has 186 at the wheels stock. SRT-4's have 240 at the wheels stock. You add stage II with his supporting mods and you have about 280+ . Get a tune and you can get more. A nicely tuned VF-34 will put down 280 +.. I am untuned at the moment. So i am guessing that with the cobb off the shelf map i am getting in the area of 250+ . (im not trying to exaggerate what my car can do..it may have more at the wheels) I would really like to see a video of a vf-39or4 untuned pulling like what your saying you are on a stage II w/toys and his supporting mods.. Just think about he numbers power/weight/torque they dont add up man...

edit: just read through your mods list.. so your running the stock IC also? I am really going to pull out the BS flag on this one.. be real man.... it is what it is...
    Last edited by enash99; 07-13-2006 at 07:57 AM.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    How do you fig? what #'s do you have with your vf-39? SRT-4 stageII w/toys is going to put down more HP to the wheels? the wrx has 186 at the wheels stock. SRT-4's have 240 at the wheels stock. You add stage II with his supporting mods and you have about 280+ . Get a tune and you can get more. A nicely tuned VF-34 will put down 280 +.. I am untuned at the moment. So i am guessing that with the cobb off the shelf map i am getting in the area of 250+ . (im not trying to exaggerate what my car can do..it may have more at the wheels) I would really like to see a video of a vf-39or4 untuned pulling like what your saying you are on a stage II w/toys and his supporting mods.. Just think about he numbers power/weight/torque they dont add up man...

edit: just read through your mods list.. so your running the stock IC also? I am really going to pull out the BS flag on this one.. be real man.... it is what it is...
    Hey man I'm just telling you how it has come out. I don't have a video but I run with alot of SRT-4's so I'll try to get some footage but I don't have a camcorder myself.
    BTW here is my thread I posted about running a stg2 w/toys SRT-4 when I was only stg2 myself.
    STG2 WRX vs STG2 SRT vs Teg-R

You can call BS all you like but I'm too old to lie on the internet. I get nothing out of making up stories on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by havoksrt4
    last but certainly not least

Yo, enash99.

Don't sweat wrx-error. I am still confused myself how he puts 4 cars and crushes stage 2's with an untuned, smaller (vf39) turbo. Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the vf-39 the stock USDM sti turbo. Enash99 has HIGH quality parts top of the ****ing line **** no crap parts. With a tune he'll be wiping the floor with my ass, but without it he's not, and wrx-error neither are you. I beat cars like enash's and yours, I think you are seriously full of doo doo. You wouldn't happen to have a vid of those races do you? Didn't think so. What you posted just don't make sense bro. HAVOK ()()()() AUDI
    Dude it you want to act like an ass for your 1st post thats cool I'm sure it wont take long for a mod to show you the door. Atleast enash99 was respectful.

As for high quality parts. Are you MENTAL? Have you looked at my mod list? Aside from the Motegi (which I like and why I have them) and the EZR up/pipe (Sorry but a 12inch pipe is a 12inch pipe. Name brand isn't going to change it IMHO) every part on my car is name brand and top of the line. My TBE new cost $1700.00 with the high flow cat. Get a clue dude.

Oh and for the record the vf39 and vf34 are so close in size that the difference once tuned is less then 10hp and normally only around 3hp. Thats why most just say vf3X. And both are made by the same company.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Hey man I'm just telling you how it has come out. I don't have a video but I run with alot of SRT-4's so I'll try to get some footage but I don't have a camcorder myself.

Don't get me wrong man.. I am just saying that by the numbers it doesnt add up. Now one thing i can't take into account is the driver. In my case the driver of the SRT-4 is very experienced and this is by far not his first performance car.. but if we look at it like this

2004 SRT-4 #'s are:

2,429 cc 2.4 liters in-line 4 front engine with 87.5 mm bore, 101 mm stroke, 8.1 compression ratio, double overhead cam making approximatly 230 whp stock..
    Weights: curb weight (lbs) 2,970
    Add Stage 2 + turbo toys + Exhaust w/DP cut out + intake + 93 OCT =

about 275ish WHP

Ok now..

2002 WRX 5MT
    Vehicle layout Front engine, awd, 4-door, 5-pass
    Engine 2.0L turbocharged F-4, DOHC, 4 valves/cyl
    186 WHP and 217 FT of torque.
    Curb weight: 3085 lb
    Add Uppipe + Quality TBE + (***now as a side note you have a divorced and coated TBE. I have a Full Scooby Sport TBE that is Thermo wrapped** but you have a High flow cat too so that is more restrictive than mine***) Utec + grounding mod + vf39(untuned) will give you no more than

250whp if your lucky.

I have read your mod list and I think you have a good set of quality mods. The only differance between your setup and mine is this:

I have STi v7 TMIC you have stock with IC hoses..
    I have VF-34 you have vf-39 but i agree with your statement of how close they are..
    You have a MBC i have cobb OTM with stock boost control. i am at 17 psi your at 17.5, Now i do understand very well all of the principals that affect how our wrx's will operate. I give you the edge with spool due to your MCB, that makes quite a bit of differance.

just for sake here is my mod list..

I happen to have the same uppipe as you..
    Here is my list..

ERZ Uppipe Thermotec wrapped.
    Full Scooby Sport TBE Downpipe and Mid Pipe thermotec wrapped.
    VF-34 Turbo
    STI Pink injectors
    Hotchkis Front Hollow Swaybar 25.1mm
    Whiteline Rear Adjustable Sway Bar
    Kartboy Rear Aluminum Drop Links
    Noltec Front Drop Links
    Group N Tranny mount
    Goodridge Lines
    Frozen Rotor slotted and cryoed front rotors
    Racingbrake rear slotted and drilled rotors
    Porterfield RS-4 brake pads front / rear
    Samco Silcone Turbo Inlet pipe
    Ver.7 JDM STI TMIC
    Ver. 7 Shroud / Gasket
    Ver. 7 Spray Kit w/Button and Microswitch
    Ver. 7 STI y-pipe
    Vishnu UD pulley
    Prodrive Springs
    Koni Struts
    Rota Wheels /W Kumho MX tires
    Lighweight lug nuts,
    COBB Engine Management and Accessport.
    Apexi turbo timmer
    K&N drop in
    GPmoto sliencer delete.

Now honestly i want you to think logically here and just put all those numbers together.. outside of that 1 srt-4 that you ran with toys, he either couldnt drive a car or he really didnt have the parts he said he had. Also you were neck and neck with him from a roll.. the discussion was about my race from a roll where you stated you

My vf39 untuned WRX just crushes stgII w/toys SRT-4. I mean from a roll I have pulled 4 cars on then easy. I can't count the number of them I have taken.
    Now from your last post about this you gave us a thread ( STG2 WRX vs STG2 SRT vs Teg-R ) Now in this you ran from a dig with here is another quote

I put like 4 to 5 cars on him but in his defence the launch was on a pumpy patch of road.
    So not to bust on you but want i want you to see is the Logic that exists here.. There is no possible way for your car to match up pound for pound with the stage 2 w/toys and his mods.. take drivers out of the picture. from a roll.. your going to be behind him the math doesn't lie and no one can change the math or the physics.
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOSRS
    Yeh, Im running stock turbo, and pushin that much whp, i can crush that stock turbo, or according to the boost guage, all the way to 20psi on a cold night.

It was tuned to 259whp @ Mach V

Here are the supporting mods
    -Stock Turbo pushin 16.5-18psi
    -Stage 3 TurboXS UTEC professionally tuned
    -TurboXS FMIC Version1(very large hyperflow)
    -TurboXS shorty intake
    -TurboXS BOV Recirculating
    -TurboXS Up-pipe REPLACED
    -GT Spec Up-Pipe
    -ACT Stage 3 clutch with street faceplate
    - Fidanza 9lb. Aluminum flywheel
    -Pfitzner Performance Gears (PPG) 1-4 Straightcut Synchromesh Gearbox
    -GT Spec Gen II Headers
    -Helix 3" downpipe
    -Greddy Evo1 Catback exhaust
    -Tein Flex full coilovers
    -RacingBrake slotted rotors
    -EBC greenstuf brakepads
    -RS*R short shift
    -Perrin Lightweight Pulley
    -STi F/R Strut bars
    -Subaru OEM F/R Sway bars and endlinks

She has all the supporting mods, pickin up that GT30R real soon, lookin for some killer speed

Do you have a dyno plot to back that up? And what type of dyno was this on?

If you really are making 260whp on the td04 ej20 then I do believe you very well may hold the U.S. record for the most whp made by a stock turbo wrx.

On another note, none of these cars except maybe the evo was actually racing you.... That, or you just happened to come across some of the worst drivers this side of planet earth.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

enash99 in that post I ran the stg2 w/toys SRT-4 from a roll and stayed dead even with him. We then went from a stop and I up 4 or 5 cars on him.. I was STG2 at the time. I now have the vf39 and support mods less the TMIC (Long story but I sold my TMIC but I did have one) and have run a few stg2 SRT-4's and 1 stg1 with stg2 support mods and taken them all.

I hung with a C6 vette the other day from 2nd to 4th where he started pulling on me. I ran an WS6 with i/e from a roll and we were dead even thru 4th when we shut down. I'm not going to BS someone. I wouldn't want to give someone wrong information.

I'll completely agree that more hp in a lighter car "should" win but I'm telling you this hasn't been the case in my experance, whether is it a factory freak or just bad driver vs good driver I don't know. I can only tell you my experances.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

enash99 in that post I ran the stg2 w/toys SRT-4 from a roll and stayed dead even with him. We then went from a stop and I up 4 or 5 cars on him.. I was STG2 at the time. I now have the vf39 and support mods less the TMIC (Long story but I sold my TMIC but I did have one) and have run a few stg2 SRT-4's and 1 stg1 with stg2 support mods and taken them all.

I hung with a C6 vette the other day from 2nd to 4th where he started pulling on me. I ran an WS6 with i/e from a roll and we were dead even thru 4th when we shut down. I'm not going to BS someone. I wouldn't want to give someone wrong information.

I'll completely agree that more hp in a lighter car "should" win but I'm telling you this hasn't been the case in my experance, whether is it a factory freak or just bad driver vs good driver I don't know. I can only tell you my experances.

I envy your EJ20 then, it makes alot more power than mine... I used to think i had a decent setup..
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    Dyno plot please?

The evo race sounds about right, they have a much larger turbo (16G-9.8T or 16G-10.5T depending on VIII or IX) so it would take time for them to spool, catch up, and pass if it is a IX.
    Not entirely accurate as it depends on the years. The 03/04's Evo8's have the 9.8 hotside while the 05 Evo 8's and 06's Evo9's have the 10.5 hotside.
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
    Works Drop in Filter, TTP Engineering 3" Downpipe, 3" Ultimate Racing Test Pipe, GReddy Evo2 exhaust, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, Forge UNOS MBC @ 22-23lbs, Fighters Garage LICP, Custom Dynoflash, S2000 Antenna, Stewart Warner Boost Gauge

Quote Originally Posted by BoostJunkie21
    Not entirely accurate as it depends on the years. The 03/04's Evo8's have the 9.8 hotside while the 05 Evo 8's and 06's Evo9's have the 10.5 hotside.
    Don't most 03/04 EVO owners just put the 10.5 hot side on since it's only like $200.00? So it could have still been a 10.5.. Just splitting hairs here.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

IF he cant put 8-10 cars on a E46 M3's with at stock turbo and stock motor than my Built 2.5 with an 18G must pull hard on the new Z06'S
    Fp18g, Txs RFL
    650cc PE Injectors, Walb 255 Fp3" TBE, Perrin Inlet Hose, UteC, HeliX uppipe,Stock Tmic
    STock Clutch , Stock 5 Speedn
    STI ShortBloCK 265whp 300tq @17psi Still DETUNED
    13.1 @104 Slipping Clutch

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelsrex
    IF he cant put 8-10 cars on a E46 M3's with at stock turbo and stock motor than my Built 2.5 with an 18G must pull hard on the new Z06'S
    What #'s were you getting with that shortblock and 18G tuned. Also what made you decide on the 18G over the 20G? I would think that since the 20G spools the same as the 18G just has more flow that most would go with the 20.
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods

Don't most 03/04 EVO owners just put the 10.5 hot side on since it's only like $200.00? So it could have still been a 10.5.. Just splitting hairs here.
    Some do and some don't lol.
    Works Drop in Filter, TTP Engineering 3" Downpipe, 3" Ultimate Racing Test Pipe, GReddy Evo2 exhaust, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, Forge UNOS MBC @ 22-23lbs, Fighters Garage LICP, Custom Dynoflash, S2000 Antenna, Stewart Warner Boost Gauge

schoolloans
    Quote Originally Posted by DJOSRS

03 and 04 sti
    Pull on them so hard haha
    Those 03 STi's in the US are fast...

Quote Originally Posted by schoolloans
    Those 03 STi's in the US are fast...
    lol
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods

Quote Originally Posted by BoostJunkie21
    bah i didnt specify any years! lol

<~~ future Evo IX or X owner.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    bah i didnt specify any years! lol

<~~ future Evo IX or X owner.
    I know, as I've seen you lurking on Evom. And no I am not stalking you lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast