2006 WRX vs. Porsche Cayman S - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2006 WRX vs. Porsche Cayman S within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ya, this isnt even a "comparison", this wouldn't even be a comparison with the sti as far as which car ...

ya, this isnt even a "comparison", this wouldn't even be a comparison with the sti as far as which car is a better car. Its an awesome PORSCHE!
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    I thinkn the Cayman is getting a bad rap here. It will out handle the wrx, and in a straight line would give the average driver a run for their money. Few wrx's have posted 13.xx times, but the average is probaly in the mid to upper 14's. Porsche FTW.
    I think you misunderstood. I am not giving the wrx the advantage here. I was simply stating you can make anything a "faster" car. But you can't necessarily make the car better.

Its kind of like when I owned my supra, people were so happy they could "out perform" ferrari's at the track, but like I always said, those losers still get to drive home in a ferrari.
    stupidman has spoken

Porsche Cayman S = way out of any WRXs league. period. It out brakes, out corners, and out accelerates our cars. but we can carry more chics though
    O2 WRBlue

(( MODs + Pics ))

i go to the track all the time and have never seen a stock wrx break into the 13 sec range. an sti would be a good match for the porsche and it would come down to who was the better driver. put about $1000 dollars into your wrx and you'll be able to keep up ok

12.7 1/4 mile w/ intercooler sprayer

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    Some stockers are getting mid 13's in the 06 wrx. With your mods, you may be a similar quarter mile time with a slightly lower trap speed if you are good. If you took the intake off, you would probably be better off. Just put the stock box back on and get a k&n filter.

If you went cobb stage 2 you would likely beat him in the eighth, tie in the quarter or at least it would be very close, assuming good driving on both parts. He would def. have the advantage past 100 because of aero dynamics, so no roll ons

If you went cobb stg 2 protuned with alky injection you would pull him anywhere this side of 120.
    Are you telling me that without K&N Typhoon CCAI my wrx would be faster???

Yes, that is exactly what I am telling you. And if not "faster", definitely safer.
    stupidman has spoken

LOL i agree...get the CAI outta there sir.

Theres a cayman s that lives on my street somewhere. I see it all the time. Maybe I can set something up and fill you guys in. Cayman Ss are sooo sick...i put all my money on it toasting my 06 wrx
    06 OBP WRX
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    Yes, that is exactly what I am telling you. And if not "faster", definitely safer.
    I know that without cai is much safer. But typhoon cai (I dont know about the others) really gives power, not just a cool sucking and blowoffing noise...
    So it gives power though the car is faster what is important for me. Well maybe I can transform it into Typhoon short ram intake. It is much safer but... hot air. What do you think?

dont get a short ram get a cold air intake then get the ecu tuned imediatley because the intake will lean you out like theres no tomorrow. trust me i've seen engines taken out because they ran 14psi lean

12.7 1/4 mile w/ intercooler sprayer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.