06 TR vs. 04 STi
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 06 TR vs. 04 STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I raced an 04 STI a few times. 06 TR: catless Downpipe, intake snorkus removal, 2 kicker comp VR 12"s ...

06 TR vs. 04 STi

I raced an 04 STI a few times.

06 TR: catless Downpipe, intake snorkus removal, 2 kicker comp VR 12"s in a MDF box in the trunk, removed spare tire.

STi: intake, catback, I think it had a BOV (unless the STi one is audible stock), 2 people in the car, 19" rims which he said he could feel making his car slower..

We ran from a 20mph roll a few times, I was in first.

He would pull about 2 feet in each gear, until we got up to 3rd. By 110 he pulled one car length on me. We repeated this a couple times, same result each time.

I was impezz'd with my cars performance. I'm really itching to go Cobb stage 2 now, because I want to beat this guy, and get back up to my friends SRT-4's level.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

very nice.

Protuned stage2 06's are making hp numbers in the same area as STi's and considerably more torque it seems. If he keeps the same mods and you go stage2 you should have him for sure.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Very nice...but try racing a STi where the owner hasn't done everything in his power to make it slower. Intake, BOV, and 19s, then an extra 320lbs (assuming 2 guys @ 160 each) minimum of weight...jesus.
    2005 Aspen White STi

I thought I told you the skinny asian kid weighs 117 lbs, lol guess not.

Still... I'm sure stage 2 that he'd be owned. If I had my exhaust on I think I would've beat him 1-3rd, but I'd of course hit fuel cut in 4th and that'd be annoying.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

I don't know why but my 06 wrx seems sluggish. It just doesn't feel like a fast car. I am at stage 2 and I think everything is operating correctly. Boost gauge reads about 16 PSI at full boost. Maybe I am just used to the car now.
    06-wrx: stage 2 and loving every minute of it!

Quote Originally Posted by 06-wrx
    I don't know why but my 06 wrx seems sluggish. It just doesn't feel like a fast car. I am at stage 2 and I think everything is operating correctly. Boost gauge reads about 16 PSI at full boost. Maybe I am just used to the car now.

That's prob the case. Although I've had my wrx for about 8 months and it still seems fast.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

I want to upgrade the turbo so bad, but at the same time I am a little hesitant to start heavily modding such a new car. I want a TD06-20g! I might actually start buying parts piece by piece until I have all of them for the install. If I go with it I am obviously going to need the turbo, injectors, new IC, tune, etc. I think if I start buying the pieces now or at least start saving for them I will be able to do the upgrade by mid next summer. It's just something I really have to think about. My damn conscious is the only thing holding me back

Quote Originally Posted by 06-wrx
    I want to upgrade the turbo so bad, but at the same time I am a little hesitant to start heavily modding such a new car. I want a TD06-20g! I might actually start buying parts piece by piece until I have all of them for the install. If I go with it I am obviously going to need the turbo, injectors, new IC, tune, etc. I think if I start buying the pieces now or at least start saving for them I will be able to do the upgrade by mid next summer. It's just something I really have to think about. My damn conscious is the only thing holding me back
    Did you mean conscience?

I have been piecing the parts together for the turbo upgrade in my TR and I've only had the car for 2.5 months!

Just make sure you buy the turbo last ( I did) because once you have it you are not going to want to leave it sitting there.
    Car-less

My WRX is starting to feel slow. I want 16 psi...I wanna go Stage 2. Argh!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

Quote Originally Posted by DeBlas66
    Did you mean conscience?

I have been piecing the parts together for the turbo upgrade in my TR and I've only had the car for 2.5 months!

Just make sure you buy the turbo last ( I did) because once you have it you are not going to want to leave it sitting there.
    Of couse I meant conscience!

Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My WRX is starting to feel slow. I want 16 psi...I wanna go Stage 2. Argh!
    So do it man, you will like it. Trust me, I have the same exact car as you.

Edit: Unless you have a spoiler
    Car-less

Get the Stage 2 setup, you won't regret it. You'll enjoy your car much, much more. If you decide to get a Protune while you're at it you should be getting about 240whp and 290wtq, which is nothing to sneeze at.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

I remember last year, no one believed me when I said I could beat a stock STi in my 06 stage 2.
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    I raced an 04 STI a few times.

06 TR: catless Downpipe, intake snorkus removal, 2 kicker comp VR 12"s in a MDF box in the trunk, removed spare tire.

I was impezz'd with my cars performance. I'm really itching to go Cobb stage 2 now, because I want to beat this guy,
    Ditch the dead weight in the trunk, you dont need to hear your radio, a tuned exhaust sounds better than most of that sh it on the radio anyways.... Scooby Sport!!!!!!!

Also that STI, I wouldnt compare my car to. BOV = rich conditions 19 = more rim to sling around and larger diameter sucks.. 2 extra people in the car = ewwww. more weight.

Stay lightweight, and be tuned to your mods and you will have a good chance in beating an sti that hasn't slowed its self down.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

I just ran a stock 06 STi with my vf39 powered 2002 WRX and it wasn't a pretty sight. I felt bad for the guy cause he was talking about how much he loved having a fast car before the race. Cool guy too. Needless to say after he started asking me what mods he should do. He doesn't want to toast his warrenty since he picked up the extended. I told him Cobb stg2 and if something happens he can always remove the programming and I doubt many dealers should care about an exhaust but if he had to it was an easy remove.

The weird thing is I started pricing out my car and looking into picking up an EVO. But after racing a c6 vette (Auto convertable, side by side till 4th when he pulled on me by a car), ls1 T/A (lid/exhaust and we were dead even from a roll), STi and a few Honda's I think I'll just finish my WRX build and wait for the new WRX next year.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.